Official Club Statement

Wagstaff said:
My two penneth for what it's worth......
The Devils management have successfully divided its own fan base, there were already many who had shouted on here for G's head to roll, there are also many that hold him in high regard.
So where do you go now, do you stay away in protest and watch the club fold due to lack of ticket sales and sponsors pulling out or do you get behind the team and support them whilst automatically cheering and financially supporting the group of people you detest.
I don't know where I would stand! But for those who support G & Franny maybe it's time to put your voices to good use and your creative side to put a song together to sing every time a goal goes against you to make your point, then a minutes applause throughout the 55th minute of every game.
For this who are not in support.......... Learn the meaning of the word morality!

A great post. G should have been given the respect to have time on the bench as a coach, not retired one game and playing the next. Then if he didn't perform a discussion should have taken place behind closed doors. I really feel for G and Franny for whisperings and rumours buzzing around the rink last weekend, no-one deserves that!
I really hope the Devils perform this season for the players sake. Would love for there to be some support from the fans but not at the expense of the players! An applause at 29 and 55 minutes will be a start.......

DevilDom

I thought this one was quite telling from Mike Prpich. He hasn't played for us for 3 / 4 years!

@Pirps19 So Brent Pope finally slithers his way into coaching the Devils? Pretty sure my 4 year old has more hockey sense then that bald snake.

:roll:

Laughable really that when pope goes to the winter olympics,he will be gone a good week before the start for prep,then a 2-3 wk tournament so the best part of a month and the Devils will expect cudd to run the team :lol: :lol: :lol: ........someone on here stated they think he'll stand down ,cant see that why leave the bbc where he has opportunities for other things which he has commentated on for a crappy low paid job with the devils .

SINCE1986 said:
Laughable really that when pope goes to the winter olympics,he will be gone a good week before the start for prep,then a 2-3 wk tournament so the best part of a month and the Devils will expect cudd to run the team :lol: :lol: :lol: ........someone on here stated they think he'll stand down ,cant see that why leave the bbc where he has opportunities for other things which he has commentated on for a crappy low paid job with the devils .
Good point!
A case of wanting the penny and the bun!!
Have they actually thought this through?... on past experiences i doubt it very much and on the surface looks like another one of those Devils "lightbulb moments"

DevilDom said:
I thought this one was quite telling from Mike Prpich. He hasn't played for us for 3 / 4 years!

@Pirps19 So Brent Pope finally slithers his way into coaching the Devils? Pretty sure my 4 year old has more hockey sense then that bald snake.

You said it........quite telling - but about ...who? From Prpich who may have lots of sense... but who carefully chose which games to give effort and which games to simply spectate whilst on the ice. His last game for Cardiff in the play-offs in Nottingham was one of the poorest individual performances I've witnessed. His 4 year old could have put more effort into it.
As for his comments above. It says much more about Prpich than it does about Pope. Childish....playground stuff.

DevilDom

schulersagoodun said:
DevilDom said:

You said it........quite telling - but about ...who? From Prpich who may have lots of sense... but who carefully chose which games to give effort and which games to simply spectate whilst on the ice. His last game for Cardiff in the play-offs in Nottingham was one of the poorest individual performances I've witnessed. His 4 year old could have put more effort into it.
As for his comments above. It says much more about Prpich than it does about Pope. Childish....playground stuff.
Had the comment been isolation then maybe, however when you consider the weight of similar comments coming from ex players and the general UK hockey community then it says to me that this is something Pope has been after for a long time and something he has worked very hard to engineer.

Sheincar

SINCE1986 said:
I thought he'd previously said that he wanted a career in presenting so can't see him giving up his BBC job.

Paul Sullivan said:
schulersagoodun said:
RJLightning said:
....... this week has been a shambles for the club and i really feel sorry for the players who are being messed around by drastic changes. No wonder their performances are not good.
Yet another excuse for our poor performances since September.......this week's changes !
If you think the uncertainty, underhandedness and ridiculous decision making that have come to a head this week have not been around since pre-season then I suggest you are as naive as your posts are blinkered.
I comment only on what I see, hear and read....and as a longstanding supporter. You I suspect, have been privy to aspects closer to the heart of matters in the last few weeks. So you in that case will be more knowledgeable about events behind the scenes than myself. Maybe my views are based on rather straightforward assumptions uncluttered by all this cloak and dagger intrigue that most posters seem to believe in. So I may well be wrong.
On the other hand 'perspective' comes from not being too close to the events as well as not being too far away. My views may be imperfect...but they are sincere. I think "blinkered" and "naïve" say more about your lack of respect for comments that dare oppose the surge of anti Ragan feeling, than they do about my posts.

Sheincar said:
SINCE1986 said:
I thought he'd previously said that he wanted a career in presenting so can't see him giving up his BBC job.

Maybe it is preparation for another liquidation and the club won't be here by time the Olympics come up. There are certainly some strange decisions being made

davew

The continued silence from CDRA is even more telling; pleased to announce our change of name to CDBC (cardiff devils booster club) we would like to welcome poper to his new role. :idea:

PR & BP probably expect G to coach when dope is away commentating....

Chris

Administrator
The continued silence from CDRA is even more telling;
Genuine question here...

What are you expecting CDRA to say? Even if they had issued a statement, coming down on one side or the other of this whole debacle isn't going to help them support the team is it?

davew

Chris

It's not that they have to (on our behalf) endorse or be critical of the situation, but to advise members ( and non-members alike) that they are aware of said situation and are working with all parties etc. to ensure the best for the club and its supporters.

(edited for grammatical sense)

I guess Dave they are damned if they did and damned if they didn't. If it was me I'd be worried about any impartial comment may split or add more fuel to the fire.
I know I was walking on broken glass on any communication when caught between Phillips and CDSL members in the final year we disolved in 2006.

Wagstaff

discountedawaytravel said:
Wagstaff said:
a minutes applause throughout the 55th minute of every game. quote]

pretty sure aston villa did something similar for one of their players and it went done well although his applause was for illness. i like the idea though.
We were lucky last year to have the services of Matt Beleskey, Number 39, we had a minutes applause to thank him, we also had a minutes applause for Mike Egener in the. 6th minute of the first game of the season, I don't think it's out of place to show support for a man who has given so much to the club, we also has the lat 2 mins of the last home game last season for Thommo.

davew

I'm sure you are right Martyn.

All I hope is that this isn't to be the start of further problems and that we can be allowed to enjoy the rest of the season with nothing more than game incidents to comment about!