Official Club Statement

That was no better than Sunday and worse than the Blaze and Giants game. That's not an accusation of one coach being beret than the other, but how I saw the games.

Sheincar

bluedevil said:
That was no better than Sunday and worse than the Blaze and Giants game. That's not an accusation of one coach being beret than the other, but how I saw the games.
Same here. Playing like that in Belfast & we'll get hammered.

Sheincar said:
bluedevil said:
Same here. Playing like that in Belfast & we'll get hammered.
If we play in Belfast like we played in the first period all game we will be fine.We do appear to be drifting in and out of games at the moment which is a worry.I just have a feeling this team is capable of dishing out a hammering to someone, but we need to play well for 60 mins not 20.

wildthing74

I think the size of the crowd last night was pretty telling what the fans think of all this.Halloween parties etc would account for a small dip but I would guess there were barely 700 in regardless of the official attendance as clearly many season ticket/ticket holder no shows.
I hope for the players sake this won't be an ongoing pattern but I can't blame people for voting with their feet.
Never seen so many Adams shirts in the rink too.

wildthing74 said:
I think the size of the crowd last night was pretty telling what the fans think of all this.Halloween parties etc would account for a small dip but I would guess there were barely 700 in regardless of the official attendance as clearly many season ticket/ticket holder no shows.
I hope for the players sake this won't be an ongoing pattern but I can't blame people for voting with their feet.
Never seen so many Adams shirts in the rink too.
I heard that the official number of the crowd last night was something like 1080.

Halloween would certainly account for some absentees, and last week's off-ice issues would also account for a few regulars not attending.

Good luck to the Team for the weekend - you can only do your best.

Sheincar

hockeyhead29 said:
Better performance. Thought Lord and conboy looked good IMO. Any reason Cudd wasnt on the bench? I did see Jamie Elson though, is he doing it now?
Cudds was apparently a no show. No idea why. Other notable absentees were Helen Brabon & Richard Murray. Club taking over their activities too?

Paul Sullivan said:
schulersagoodun said:
Would the 'Adams should be untouchable fan club' prefer he was given a fortnights notice. Is that a better way to be told that the owner wants to make a change to try and improve things. There is no easy or pleasant way.
......... I haven't seen anyone say they thought G should be untouchable.............
No...but you don't need to be an expert in interpretive or implied thinking to see that it's quite true !

schulersagoodun said:
Paul Sullivan said:
schulersagoodun said:
Would the 'Adams should be untouchable fan club' prefer he was given a fortnights notice. Is that a better way to be told that the owner wants to make a change to try and improve things. There is no easy or pleasant way.
......... I haven't seen anyone say they thought G should be untouchable.............
No...but you don't need to be an expert in interpretive or implied thinking to see that it's quite true !
Really! I've read people disagreeing with the manner in which this has been done. Not that G is untouchable.

Once again you seem to want to be deliberately confrontational.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Gospel

I have to agree that the impression given by some posters is that they would prefer G to stay no matter what.

There are people who post on here that clearly have some inside knowledge, from whatever source and sometimes their silence says more than anything they could write.

How much influence is PR now having outside of running the club I wonder?

mazza03

Gospel said:
I have to agree that the impression given by some posters is that they would prefer G to stay no matter what.

There are people who post on here that clearly have some inside knowledge, from whatever source and sometimes their silence says more than anything they could write.

What I'm saying is that G should have been given a chance to coach to see if he could turn it around, and if he couldn't then, and only then should he have been side stepped/sacked.

He wasn't given that chance.

We all know the result, but none of us know what led up to the recent club decisions!

It is known that the Devils performance over the last 14months has been below par, but we don't know what chances G has been given and his reaction to the managements requests!

G's sudden return to the ice could have been his bloody mindedness to stick to his contract and digging his heels in, and could almost be seen as sticking two fingers up at the fans with a "stuff you I'm alright Jack" attitude!

PR is the boss he may not always be right but he is always the boss! For me he has turned the business side of the club around to run much more efficiently which should be praised not ridiculed!
Sometimes in life harsh decisions have to be made in sport more so as teams are judged on results not personalities.

I feel we as a club and fan base should not overreact and carry on supporting the team and sport we love

Before anybody say it no I'm not PR or BP or linked to the club in any way apart from being a ST holder and long standing fan from the very first season

mazza03 said:
Gospel said:

What I'm saying is that G should have been given a chance to coach to see if he could turn it around, and if he couldn't then, and only then should he have been side stepped/sacked.

I recon he was

Budgie said:
G's sudden return to the ice could have been his bloody mindedness to stick to his contract and digging his heels in, and could almost be seen as sticking two fingers up at the fans with a "stuff you I'm alright Jack" attitude!
That may well be the case but I highly doubt it was a "stuff you im alright jack" at the fans. at management yes. if your boss tries to control your job and stick someone else to babysit you then wouldn't you do what you can to put yourself back in control?
it undermines his position as a coach and doesnt put out a good message to the players. if it was G digging his heels in then I say good on him.

Sheincar

Budgie said:
mazza03 said:
Gospel said:

I recon he was
How many games did G have where he was simply the coach - not player/coach - not with Dope on the other end of the bench.

Sheincar said:
hockeyhead29 said:
Better performance. Thought Lord and conboy looked good IMO. Any reason Cudd wasnt on the bench? I did see Jamie Elson though, is he doing it now?
Cudds was apparently a no show. No idea why. Other notable absentees were Helen Brabon & Richard Murray. Club taking over their activities too?
Goes from bad to worse, popes yes man, :DWD