Official Club Statement

Temme

How about a Gerad Adams chant throughout the game.

(To the tune of Let's go Devils...)

Ger-ad Ad-ams (dum dum, dum-dum-dum)

And there certainly should be applause for the entire 55th minute!!

Temme said:

Yesss applause needs to happen on the 55th minute

Temme said:

Yesss applause needs to happen on the 55th minute

Wagstaff

Temme said:

So being the devils, hell is your place!
So "we don't need a pope in hell" to the tune of football chant "your not singing any more"

Enough from me, I just hope it all works out for you and the team!

Wagstaff

Wagstaff said:
Temme said:

So being the devils, hell is your place!
So "we don't need a pope in hell" to the tune of football chant "your not singing any more"

Enough from me, I just hope it all works out for you and the team!
On second thoughts, it's probably better to be Adams positive than Pope negative, I cannot delete the post so stick to the previous post and ignore this one, it's better not to inflame the situation!

Have Hope#35

Gohabsgo said:
Given how some posters like Welshtom have been shouted down for stating what they've heard (looking at you Have Hope #35) and daring to go against the masses, I'll post and run, but I have the utmost respect for Gerad for his work throughout the years, but he should have taken that pay cut when he was forced to retire.

Easy for me to say when it's not my money. Anyway, all the best to him in his "new role" and for the future, I'm sure he'll be a success wherever he ends up next season. PR disaster without question for the club.

Will be interesting to see how the players respond to this change, I highly doubt Brent is liked by the players (as evidenced by Didiomete's comments today on twitter) and that's a concern.
Gohabsgo, firstly thanks for the name drop and secondly I did not shout Welshtom down for stating 'something he had heard'... His statement was just that, a statement, he referred to it as a matter of fact... Now you show me where it says G turned down a pay cut and I'll happily be proved wrong! However for now it is just hearsay... Like most things on here!

My other issue was that Welshtom failed to realise that whether fans wanted G to stay or go it could have been carried out with a bit more decorum, therefore stating that it is G's fault overlooks the manner in which it's been dealt with! I'm the first to admit that G has to take on some of the responsibility for this season so far... Should he have been releaved of his duties? No not in my opinion and definitely not like this, for me he should have had the rest of the season to Coach from the Bench!

So Adams has been relieved of his first team coaching duties essentially due to his team's performances over the last 14 months. It is sad for several reasons but I also think it's a correct decision based on playing performances for which he was directly responsible. Lots of posters don't like the 'way' he was sacked. So what is the 'nice' way to be sacked. Is it the way Adams has had to sack players in the past.....Milam, Hinks, Ross. "I'm sorry , but I'm giving you a fortnight's notice...you're out!"

Each time Adams has felt it necessary to sack a player he states something like, "It's never nice to sack a player but sometimes it's part of my job and I felt it was necessary for the way in which I want to take the team forward." And I'm sure he meant it. It's not pleasant but even players themselves accept it's part and parcel of being a professional sportsman.

Would the 'Adams should be untouchable fan club' prefer he was given a fortnights notice. Is that a better way to be told that the owner wants to make a change to try and improve things. There is no easy or pleasant way.

As for the boorish idea of chanting Adams name throughout or at various times during Thursday's match, I really hope it doesn't happen. In fact if Adams is even half the man I think he is ( and I have always admired the way he rises above controversy in a calm and dignified manner ) I think he should come out and tell the fans not to protest at the changes made and do nothing but support the Devils team on Thursday....the team that he assembled.

Temme

schulersagoodun said:
As for the boorish idea of chanting Adams name throughout or at various times during Thursday's match, I really hope it doesn't happen. In fact if Adams is even half the man I think he is ( and I have always admired the way he rises above controversy in a calm and dignified manner ) I think he should come out and tell the fans not to protest at the changes made and do nothing but support the Devils team on Thursday....the team that he assembled.
If you think chanting at the 55th minute is in protest then I'm afraid you're incorrect.

This is all about support for G, something that all devils fans can do to show their respect for a great servant to our club and a huge factor in making us the team we are.

You'll see fans still chanting 'shoes off if you love brad voth', as they would like to honour and remember the player. G's service to this club deserves that he is remembered, and I'd hope the club looks to retire the #55 jersey going into the new rink.

This has nothing to do with protest- the majority of fans (no proof of this...) I'm sure will agree that change was needed and that it was inevitable. Granted the manner in which this has unfolded is abhorrent but it can't be helped now. The only thing we can hope for is that there is no more bullcrap press releases and no more drama. Let's just keep things plain sailing from now on to ensure we still have a team to enjoy next season. Quite frankly I don't care if we make a new signing or not- as long as the club is honest about what they are doing!!!

I don't agree with the way this has been played out, but a week is a long time in sport.

If we wil in Belfast, it will be a case of "The King is dead, long live the King"

I don't think a 55 minute chant would be fair on the players either.

Jones72

I thing it was more a case of a chant for the 55th minute rather than a 55-minute chant. Even blocks 3-2 would struggle with that.

Personally, something something like that is a way for the fans to show their respect for someone who has served the club faithfully for a long time...and I think it is justified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Temme said:
Quite frankly I don't care if we make a new signing or not- as long as the club is honest about what they are doing!!!
Good grief, honesty and PR, I'm still waiting for that shop to open in Meadowhall in Sheffield that he "promised".

The proud name of the Cardiff Devils has been dragged through the dirt on this one. How anyone can defend what "Dope" and PR have done is beyond me.

Good luck for the rest of the year, you fans and team deserve support, as for Dope and PR, they can both do one.

BostonBart22

been a devils fan since 1987 my first game was against telford tigers, since that game it has been a pleasure watching players come and go and watching great games along the way, i remember franny coming through the ranks as a player and recently a coach, good luck franny you served devils well good luck for the future. as for G cracking guy put his heart into the devils, he will be missed playoff time for sure as his record shows 10 out of 10 playoffs i believe. thanks for memories G sure you will find a club no problem who will back you more than these 2 clowns. good luck to all the players for the rest of the season, hoping things will get better but somehow i dont think so, fingers crossed we may or may not have a team next season , if we do all well and good if not R.I.P CARDIFF DEVILS. :cry:

Wannabe2

BostonBart22 said:
been a devils fan since 1987 my first game was against telford tigers, since that game it has been a pleasure watching players come and go and watching great games along the way, i remember franny coming through the ranks as a player and recently a coach, good luck franny you served devils well good luck for the future. as for G cracking guy put his heart into the devils, he will be missed playoff time for sure as his record shows 10 out of 10 playoffs i believe. thanks for memories G sure you will find a club no problem who will back you more than these 2 clowns. good luck to all the players for the rest of the season, hoping things will get better but somehow i dont think so, fingers crossed we may or may not have a team next season , if we do all well and good if not R.I.P CARDIFF DEVILS. :cry:
Amen

Have Hope#35

discountedawaytravel said:
Wagstaff said:
a minutes applause throughout the 55th minute of every game. quote]

pretty sure aston villa did something similar for one of their players and it went done well although his applause was for illness. i like the idea though.
Yes a number of football clubs have done it... However like you say it has been done for severe illness or death! Aston Villa did it for Stiliyan Petrov who was diagnosed with leukaemia, he was No.19 so they did a minutes applause in the 19th Minute.

Not sure this situation is anywhere near as severe or emotive but it would be a nice gesture to a man who has always given his all for the club! Perhaps a chant as opposed to clapping?

Paul Sullivan

schulersagoodun said:
Would the 'Adams should be untouchable fan club' prefer he was given a fortnights notice. Is that a better way to be told that the owner wants to make a change to try and improve things. There is no easy or pleasant way.
Pretty sure you've just made that Club up. I haven't seen anyone say they thought G should be untouchable.

Though if you'd said the 'Adams should have been treated with decency and respect and within the confines of good practice and employment law' then you'd find that clubhouse would need to be very large indeed to host an AGM.

You don't have a problem with G going - that's fine. However I do wish you and a few others would stop glossing over the treatment of G by throwing up performance. The two are not mutually exclusive and it is disingenuous to post in such a way.

Even if we had lost every single game 5-0 this season, the lack of honour and professionalism with which this has been spectacularly mishandled would still be a disgrace.

Paul Sullivan said:
schulersagoodun said:
Though if you'd said the 'Adams should have been treated with decency and respect and within the confines of good practice and employment law' then you'd find that clubhouse would need to be very large indeed to host an AGM.
i am a neutral in the adams versus pope scenario so i looked at the laws. it says formal notification should include:
• the period over which performance will be reviewed;
• formal advice that, should the employee’s performance not improve during the undertaking of the agreed action plan then the matter may be considered further;
• formal advice that unless a sustained improvement in the employee’s performance is seen by a given date they maybe moved to different role (which may attract a lower rate of pay or be subject to different terms and conditions)

it would be interesting to see how much of this was done but the moving to a different role stuff seems well within the law if adams was aware his performance was under review

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Armchair Coach said:
fried egg said:
From what I heard weeks ago, G and Franny had lost the dressing room.I also heard that Ross left because he didn't like the way the Devils were asked to play.
The later I think was backed up by G himself when in his statement on Ross leaving he said that he thought his coaching style couldn't get the best out of Ross and it was best for both parties to part company.
I wonder if it was any coincidence that when Brent was on the bench for those three games that the Devils produced their best form of the season?

Now I don't agree with the way that this has been handled and if it is true about G and Franny then the club should have been more transparent and told the fans what was going on and just put Brent in charge for the rest of the season. I think we should all get behind the players for the rest of the season and if it just remains as bad as it is then vote with our feet next year.
I think PR and Pope have been put in a very awkward position, time will tell if they have done the right thing. let's see how the players respond to all this nonsense.
+1

We live in a litigious culture and the last thing the Devils finances need now would be a costly court case - Yes the whole process possibly could and probably should have been handled better than it has been, but it it what it is. Let's move on.

The job all of us Devils fans have to do now is stick by the team.
Post under your own name Brent[/quote]

Says jodysstillagirlsname! Is that your real name? I think not.

If you read the post of Armchair Coach, the actual subject matter of the post seems pretty spot on.

I would doubt the the Club could afford a cost employment tribunal.

I agree, the whole process/matter could and should have been handled more professionally, but it wasn't, so it is what it is.

I am certainly not in a position to challenge Mr Ragan over the ownership of the Devils. As another post states, he owns the club, I don't. I may not agree with how he chooses to carry out his business dealings, but he's a multi millionaire and I'm not - he's probably got where he's got by making unpopular decisions - that how most people get to the top in business.

Both G and Franny have been particularly dignified over the whole process. I extremely grateful for the enjoyment they have brought me over the years and I wish them well wherever their future takes them.

I will certainly be shouting my wotsits off for the boys this evening - in fact I'm going out to buy a new pair of shouting trousers for the occasion.
B2NB

Gohabsgo said:
Will be interesting to see how the players respond to this change, I highly doubt Brent is liked by the players (as evidenced by Didiomete's comments today on twitter) and that's a concern.
Or indeed this tweet from Finner
Ryan Finnerty ‏@Finner16 16h
a special mention to a great Friend,Teammate and Coach @GAdams55 its not often you see imports play over 400 games for the same team.
#Loyal