Official Club Statement

Were we not shortbenched against the blaze? I seem to recall missing two imports, how about when we had a full team without injuries? Sheffield away, belfast at home (2nd game) those performances were shocking, surely anyone who understands hockey can clearly see hat we were much better with pope behind the bench. As for G Being treated the way he has, he brought it on himself, he got offered a wage cut coz he no longer player so we could bring someone new in and he declined and refused to work with pope, so what else was PR Supposed to do? He and all us fans surely knew something needed to be done and in getting rid of G I think its the right thing to do, is pope the best coach we could have? No one knows, time will tell

welshtom92 said:
I think everyone needs to cut this loyalty to G Crap and give pope a chance instead of slating him before his even coached a game, all i know is that the 3 best performances we have had is the 3 games where pope was on the bench, i think everyone has underestimated the influence he had in those game, its plain for everyone to see how our special teams improved in those games, as soon as pope is off the bench they go to shit again, in those games we proved how good of a team we actually are, people whi said blaze were crap, perhaps it was us who played well, we suceeded where others failed in taking ginand out of the game at the bbt, and if it wasn't for a contriversial penalty shot against belfast we would have at least taken a point against them, we were hard hitting and tough in those games, pope sent quiney out to get keefe when conboy got knocked out, isn't that what we want as fans? None of this happened under G and franny. All u fans out there moaning about boycotting the team, what kind of fans are you? Do u support cardiff devils? Or do u support gerad adams? The devils were there before G and they will be there after hes long gone so grow up and get over it!!!!
I'm a fan with "Moral values" what about you??
Wether you agree with Gerads dismissal or not there is a right and wrong way to go about things and as a fellow human being I would not want to be humiliated and degraded the way Gerard has been by Mr Ragan & Mr Pope.

As a sponsor of the club for many years this has left a bad taste in my mouth and sadly will be ending my sponsorship at the end of the season (due to the fact I've paid up front in full)
I for one don't want to be associated with an organisation that treat people in this manner.
Marcus Howells (mh flooring Ltd)

Wannabe2

Totally with you Marcus, Gerad was a peoples person and a mans man, the persecution of him over the last few months has been nothing short of disgraceful. There are decent ways of replacing people, where the heck this club is heading is anyones guess very sad days.
GLYNNE BLOCK 2.

Have Hope#35

welshtom92 said:
Were we not shortbenched against the blaze? I seem to recall missing two imports, how about when we had a full team without injuries? Sheffield away, belfast at home (2nd game) those performances were shocking, surely anyone who understands hockey can clearly see hat we were much better with pope behind the bench. As for G Being treated the way he has, he brought it on himself, he got offered a wage cut coz he no longer player so we could bring someone new in and he declined and refused to work with pope, so what else was PR Supposed to do? He and all us fans surely knew something needed to be done and in getting rid of G I think its the right thing to do, is pope the best coach we could have? No one knows, time will tell
Are you Brent & Paul's Lovechild? You speak as someone who knows all the facts... But I'd guess that you've just pieced together all of the rumours and made up your own series of events!?

And we were better when Pope was on the bench yes, but don't forget that's the first opportunity G had of being 'Bench Coach' instead of Player Coach... Who's to say that wasn't the game changing influence?

buzzwagon said:
welshtom92 said:
All u fans out there moaning about boycotting the team, what kind of fans are you? Do u support cardiff devils? Or do u support gerad adams?
I'm a fan with "Moral values" what about you??
Wether you agree with Gerads dismissal or not there is a right and wrong way to go about things and as a fellow human being I would not want to be humiliated and degraded the way Gerard has been by Mr Ragan & Mr Pope.

As a sponsor of the club for many years this has left a bad taste in my mouth and sadly will be ending my sponsorship at the end of the season (due to the fact I've paid up front in full)
I for one don't want to be associated with an organisation that treat people in this manner.
Marcus Howells (mh flooring Ltd)
As much as I feel it is important to show the players support, surely the way in which fans (or indeed sponsors or other stakeholders) choose to do so is their choice entirely. Some would argue that it would be equally beneficial to the players to stand up for what is right. There is no shame in having loyalty to be fair and individual views should be respected in my humble opinion.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk

Gospel

The way this whole saga has been dealt with has been crappy at best. The press releases have only helped stoke the fire and instead of answering questions simply leaves you having to ask more.

PR doesn't want to be seen as the big bad monster for sacking G in his testimonial year but the way this has been handled is just unbelievable, unprofessional and undignified. Would anyone want to come to the Devils organisation based on what has happened? I very much doubt it.

All the time BP & PR saying BP has no intention or wanting to be coach, well what a crap load of the big stinky doo doo that was. That was obvious to everyone. Then we are told as G is staying as player/coach we wouldn't be getting a new import, now we are, well which is it?

This should have all been done behind closed doors, sadly PR prefers to do it differently.

It probably was time for a change of coach given the performances & results. Would I like BP to be coach? No

Good luck to G & Franny for whatever they do.

Gospel

Forgot to add, isn't Pope part of the BBC commentary team for the Winter Olympics? That starts in February so will we be without our Coach for all that period?

Kipper

Gospel said:
Forgot to add, isn't Pope part of the BBC commentary team for the Winter Olympics? That starts in February so will we be without our Coach for all that period?
I have no doubt that with his new responsibilities at Cardiff Devils then Brent will stand down as a BBC commentator. He cannot really do anything else in his current dual role for the club.

Paul Sullivan

schulersagoodun said:
RJLightning said:
....... this week has been a shambles for the club and i really feel sorry for the players who are being messed around by drastic changes. No wonder their performances are not good.
Yet another excuse for our poor performances since September.......this week's changes !
If you think the uncertainty, underhandedness and ridiculous decision making that have come to a head this week have not been around since pre-season then I suggest you are as naive as your posts are blinkered.

Paul Sullivan

Gospel said:
Don't forget the Paralympics too.

What, a 3 and a 2 week stint away? At the business end of the season?

Paul Sullivan

Kipper said:
Gospel said:
I have no doubt that with his new responsibilities at Cardiff Devils then Brent will stand down as a BBC commentator. He cannot really do anything else in his current dual role for the club.
Thanks Kipper. I needed something to make me smile today.

Have Hope#35

Gospel said:
He probably plans to be one of the guest commentators on Premier Sports with Aaron Murphy too!

Well well well didn't see this coming Brent Pope Head coach no not going to happen Paul Regan said bullshit I say total disrespect for the fans for G and Franny.
G has done so well in his role as Devil's coach with a small budget, plastic tent to play out of and Marcus Brutus behind him.
Franny what a amazing True Devil always played for the name on the front of the shirt not the one on the back I cannot believe that after 21years serving this club he has resigned a real Cardiff Devil GUTTED .
I have already stated previously I will not attend any game whilst Pope has anything to do with this club.
Hope it's not to long though.

This was rumoured in the middle of last season by my reckoning. Now it's happened.

Managing someone out of their job is a horrible thing to do, especially if that person has a home and a family. Think of the added stress, uncertainty, the attitudes of your colleagues, not least how unvalued and betrayed you'd feel. A hideous practice that speaks volumes of anyone who employs the tactic.

Anyway, as the man himself says, at least there is an end to the uncertainty about this. It's a dark day, but it's done now. He will be judged on results, and I will be watching with some interest, but hoping this is actually a positive change.

Tomorrow is judgement day.

As an aside, best of luck to Cudds who seems to have helped the NIHL Devils punch above their weight for some time. Hopefully the new pairing will be a true partnership.

I'll be getting my coat now..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

What an awful way to do this. I'm not against changing the head coach, but this is such a vile, underhanded way to do it.

Pope and PR really are slimy characters.

OMG, looks like G dug his heels in here , so offered is a mickey mouse role and having to see
these 2 coach , joke, cudds is lucky he inherited good players over the years as his coaching
is pretty dire, i think someone mentioned jobs for the boys ?, black cloud over the bbt, :DWD

Paul Sullivan

showboat said:
OMG, looks like G dug his heels in here , so offered is a mickey mouse role and having to see
these 2 coach , joke, cudds is lucky he inherited good players over the years as his coaching
is pretty dire, i think someone mentioned jobs for the boys ?, black cloud over the bbt, :DWD
Welcome to the forum Showboat.