Match Night Discussion

Martynwo

Re: Bring back Paul Sullivan

Sorry I don't understand the meaning of "Go figure" please explain

In Block 10 each announcement was just one loooooong bass noise. I'm hoping it is an audio issue that can be resolved or perhaps MM can pitch his voice higher (helium maybe :lol: ).
Something has to change

Fubar

the sound is simply crap! i made more sense out of my son singing with a sock shoved in his gob, but i expect over the course of the next few games they will improve.

Paul was, and will be a part of "tent" history as the person who did the announcing, the intro, the occasional club house karaoke solo and the like. Like his predecessors before him, he will be remembered. people move on and things change. sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

Bring back the old intro, we want the sirens, we want frozen T shirt competition, we want to vandalize the steelers bus - again, we want shoot the puck, we want free beer for the over 45's! :ugeek:

I think some people are being a bit harsh on Mumbles.

People inevitably don't like change, but change is required to evolve into a better product.

Mumbles was the Devils announcer for years in the WNIR and BBT before Paul Sullivan came in. People weren't very happy when Paul Sullivan came in instead of Mumbles.

It was the first week back in the job, with a crap sound system. Of course there are going to be hiccups along the way, but given time they will improve the overall match night experience.

Mumbles and Team just need to be given time and some slack from the fans.

Seeing a thread like this on these forums is counter productive in what they are trying to accomplish.

RichardR said:
Seeing a thread like this on these forums is counter productive in what they are trying to accomplish.
Without threads like this nothing will change, if the club thinks everything is rosy it will just carry on regardless.

Its just another subject for debate and discussion and looking at the posts, some like the change, some don't

D

Deleted member 1337

Does anyone from the club check the forum then?
Or will some forum members speak to someone from the club saying what the fans are saying?

Sheincar

Well given Inferno is part of the supporters group I assume comments will be fed back at supporters group meetings.

James

Administrator

Sheincar said:
Well given Inferno is part of the supporters group I assume comments will be fed back at supporters group meetings.
The concerns expressed on the forums are fed through to the club yes. I'm sure we'll see some of the issues resolved tomorrow night.

D

Deleted member 1337

James said:
Sheincar said:
The concerns expressed on the forums are fed through to the club yes. I'm sure we'll see some of the issues resolved tomorrow night.
Ah I see,

Thanks James and Sheincar.

KaneDevils

the sound is simply crap! i made more sense out of my son singing with a sock shoved in his gob, but i expect over the course of the next few games they will improve.
Why does your son sing with a sock in his gob?

Must be terribly difficult and discomforting.

So everyone was very quick to create 6 pages of ranting and complaints but not so quick to be positive. Although that could be due to it being quite a late finish mid week.

Anyway I thought the match night experience was much improved tonight.

Positives from tonight:
1. The audio had been turned down a bit which meant that mumbles was understandable and you could talk to the person next to you without having to shout as loud as possible.
3. The contrast was much better on the TV screens although still a bit too white in my opinion.
4. Previous game highlights shown before the game (Dirty hit by Limpright)
5. Replays are back.

Negatives
1. Period break entertainment. Frisbee throwing was better than bingo but could still be improved. Maybe we should have a thread for ideas for period break entertainment and games :)
2. Not a big deal but sometimes there was a bit too much talking during the game. Trying to get the crowd going is fine occasionally if the atmosphere has gone a bit flat but try to fit it into the breaks. I understand that sometimes there is a quick face off but I found a few times we had "Make some noise for your Smart Solutions Cardiff Devils" during the play.

Updated Thread title - James

Lid said:
So everyone was very quick to create 6 pages of ranting and complaints but not so quick to be positive. Although that could be due to it being quite a late finish mid week.

Anyway I thought the match night experience was much improved tonight.

Positives from tonight:
1. The audio had been turned down a bit which meant that mumbles was understandable and you could talk to the person next to you without having to shout as loud as possible.
3. The contrast was much better on the TV screens although still a bit too white in my opinion.
4. Previous game highlights shown before the game (Dirty hit by Limpright)
5. Replays are back.

Negatives
1. Period break entertainment. Frisbee throwing was better than bingo but could still be improved. Maybe we should have a thread for ideas for period break entertainment and games :)
2. Not a big deal but sometimes there was a bit too much talking during the game. Trying to get the crowd going is fine occasionally if the atmosphere has gone a bit flat but try to fit it into the breaks. I understand that sometimes there is a quick face off but I found a few times we had "Make some noise for your Smart Solutions Cardiff Devils" during the play.
I did like the frisbee game more. Just need to get use to running it and organising it a bit better?

Finny

Lid said:
That would be my biggest complaint. Paul was very good at timing it so we would start cheering just as play was about to restart, not 40 seconds after.

entertainment was much better last night, with it only being game 2 I dont think the negatives are too much to worry about.
the Frisbee was far better than the bingo, and the sound was much better.
only complaint from me is the drums ruining nearly every chant. either needs to go or they need to get accustomed to the acoustics of the BBT quick!

DevilDom

Much better last night all round. Really liked the in play replays during breaks in play.

Few more things to iron out, like the timing of talking, the drummer behind the DJ box and the introduction but huge strides already from Saturday. Didn't notice the buzzing but no doubt I will now at the next game so thanks for that!