Match Night Discussion

ASHIPP

Couldnt hear any buzzing but the pre-match interview sound with Franny and later with Andrew Conboy was atrocious - feedback from the mic, interviewer ( who is he?) talking far too fast and general bad volume/echo. Would love to hear what the guys have to say but in some blocks you are left looking at the screen and lipreading!

Sheincar

ASHIPP said:
Couldnt hear any buzzing but the pre-match interview sound with Franny and later with Andrew Conboy was atrocious - feedback from the mic, interviewer ( who is he?) talking far too fast and general bad volume/echo. Would love to hear what the guys have to say but in some blocks you are left looking at the screen and lipreading!
Have no idea what was said in the interviews.
Sack the drummer in Block 15 if he can't fit in with the chants.
Don't interrupt chants to tell us to make more noise.

Frisbee game was OK when it's a bit more organised.
Volume level much better.

Ocko

The interviews have never been clear, that isnt a problem this year its always been a problem. The people being interviewed have never been mic trained so will never get it right on system as sensitive as ours.

RE: Frisbee game

I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the frisbee game, but I think that the period breaks should be hockey related eg have 3 contestants shooting onto hockey net from centre of ice. Hockey net has board over the top of it with a small whole cut out for people to aim at shooting. Make the prize a cash sum that starts off at £50 and goes up every week that the contestants fail to score. Or another prize could be an all expenses paid weekend at the play-offs paid for by the devils. I don't know if any of you have seen the film The Dilemma with Kevin James and Vince Vaughan, but they show the Chicago Blackhawks doing the same thing in period breaks.

I do like the idea of chuck a puck for the kids though, not something that really interests me an an adult.

D

Deleted member 1337

At the NIHL Devils game tonight (07/09/13) There were no problems at all with Paul Sullivan doing it.

Finny

Can someone tell the DJ that when we have just been beaten 7-2 I am NOT having a good time and 'Don't Stop Me Now' is not the music I want to be listening to.

Skippy

Finny said:
Can someone tell the DJ that when we have just been beaten 7-2 I am NOT having a good time and 'Don't Stop Me Now' is not the music I want to be listening to.
Hasn't that always been played regardless of result ?

What else could he play if not that ?

Funeral March ?
Last Post ?
Adagio for Strings ?

:D

A

Anonymous

I love it when he shouts anybody still here supporting the cardiff devils??
Make some noise etc and its 7.2 with 4 minutes left or soo haha!!
I was more interested in how long it would take to get out of carpark than sitting there listening to him rabbit on when our team was completely beaten.

Finny

Think they used to play Devil Inside after we lost.

Clearly my iPod has a sense of humour though as the first song that came up on shuffle when I got back in the car was "Sad Song".

Skippy

Finny said:
Think they used to play Devil Inside after we lost.

Clearly my iPod has a sense of humour though as the first song that came up on shuffle when I got back in the car was "Sad Song".

Your right it was Devil Inside :D

Sad Song sums last night up well