Mark richardson

Do we know yet why he didn't stay in Kazakhstan? Was it just a case of simply not working out for him?

I know, we don't care as he's back where he belongs, but I was just wondering.

Don't usually use the smilies but this bit of news deserves one :Banana

James

Administrator
Not the best kept secret admitedly but I'm very very happy its official now. A mid season signing of the best Brit defenceman cant be sniffed at. I hope its financially viable as well though.

These past few months I have been on the brink of walking away for various reasons but I can honestly say I’m glad I have hung around ..... Ragan promised the good times would come and fair play he is starting to deliver ..... C’mon!!

Gaz G

Fantastic News. Welcome home richie. If we can now hang on to Biznasty for a couple of months we have a fantastic chance looking forward.

Got to feel a bit for Rupe though. Can't see him getting too much ice time now Marsh is back and Richie has signed.

Gaz G said:
Fantastic News. Welcome home richie. If we can now hang on to Biznasty for a couple of months we have a fantastic chance looking forward.

Got to feel a bit for Rupe though. Can't see him getting too much ice time now Marsh is back and Richie has signed.
surely he understands that though. he will be good for the odd shift aleast... does this now mean biz is going back to wing????

wildthing74

Gaz G said:

He played as a forward in Nottingham so maybe utilise him there or get Batchy playing up front when necessary? He was very effective there and played a season there over the pond and was in the top few scorers.
All in all great news and glad it's confirmed finally.

TheStub

This is excellent news. We have gone from being an also ran team to having a real shot at playing with the big boys.

We have real depth and quality up front and at the back now. I can't see any team with a line up that worries me. Odd feeling for a devils fan :-D

There is talk of an event for Biz in January. That must bode well for us keeping hold of him. With the NHL CBA negotiations going to government mediation I can't see the lockout ending anytime soon.

I wonder where we'd be if we had this team at the start, it's a very strong lineup, hope we can start imposing ourselves at the top of the table now.

osh

It had to happen, a great signing, more so because it will be able to slot in easily with players he's already familiar with and knows the systems G employs.

Can't fault Paul Ragan and his commitment to the cause, he is doing us proud and I hope the fans show up big time and that the team perform to their obvious strengths.

worst kept secret ever. The only reason I thought this wasn't going through was that if they wanted to sign him and keep it under wraps till this week what was he doing at last weeks games. In a Devils tracksuit!

Still, really glad to see him back. Hopefully we can keep him long term.

Wannabe2

Welcome home Ritchie, great player, a top guy, and a Devil thru and thru, superb signing by the Devils. Well played Mr Ragan hat off to you Dude, lets now get the crowds in like last Sunday, boy was it hot in that rink Sunday or what, great news for everyone unless you aint a Devils fan. ;)
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

all the above and more :pickle :Banana :pickle :Banana. players like rupert must be given ice time when ever possible to develop, as players move on, we will need players like rupert in time. lets build some depth so we can survive all the suspentions that keep coming our way etc ! and with batch, richardson and quiney on d (in time ) this would free up another slot for an extra import forward ?

He's really only back so he can do 'little brother' duties and be a local "FREE" Uncle Mark babysitter for newborn Max. ;) Great to have him back in the club!!! #DevilsPride

it says about the guy to me... i mean its my understanding he was on more money in the kazzak league... so to come back and play for us again is a massive boost for us!!!!
i am gutted i cant make the shuff game now :(
#ourtimeisnow!!!

Very good signing and looking at the league tables, you aren't as far off the top 3 as I thought. New title favourites with the last couple of signings?