Mark richardson

wildthing74

Getting Richie back who is as good as any import in this league IMO sling with the returning players gives us more depth and better balance than I have seen since EIHL started.
If we keep Biz I really believe we can finally go the distance and puck up a trophy.
You watch the D and Osaer solidify now and with settled forward lines coming together again it's a great time to be a Devil :)

as ecstatic as I am that Richie has returned, which will hopefully see us finally win that trophy we all want. am I the only one to be a little bit concerned that with the signing of biz and now Richardson returning. we are going to see yet another season of quite a significant loss. we were not averaging enough fans prior to these 2 signings. we will desperately need bums on seats now.

ASHIPP

:D :D :D
Sometimes when you wish hard enough sporting dreams come true.
What fantastic news. Welcome home, Richie.
:cool:
ps I knew that wearing his BKO Cup winners jersey all this season would pay off!

nmase20 said:
as ecstatic as I am that Richie has returned, which will hopefully see us finally win that trophy we all want. am I the only one to be a little bit concerned that with the signing of biz and now Richardson returning. we are going to see yet another season of quite a significant loss. we were not averaging enough fans prior to these 2 signings. we will desperately need bums on seats now.
We are not averaging enough by the announced attendance, but as others have noticed the figures seem to be understated

Am I dreaming?!?! Holy cow this is fantastic! Nice timing before the CC game against Steelers which probably wouldn't have brought in enough people. Nice move ;)

It's now beginning to definitely feel that this year is now our time!

Gaz G

On the money front.......didn't mark go over there because the money was too good to turn down?

If so. What's to say he just hasn't enjoyed his time, gained an experience and has come back for next to nothing as he has already made a load this year?

E.D.S.

Really really pleased with this signing but to err on the side if caution. I wouldn't expect the trophy cabinet to start bulging at the seems just yet. What I know from watching this devils team for over 24 years is that....they don't win when they are 'supposed' to. When everyone rules us out we succeed. We're not supposed to make every playoffs but we do. When we're short benched and we're not supposed to win, we do. Sadly, as I've said, when we're 'supposed' to win, we don't. I guess what I'm saying is we don't do it the easy way. I appreciate people will point to the Weller season and say different but on the whole we are a backs to wall team and I love us for that!
Welcome back Richie. I just hope this signing pushes us on to the next level.

Paul Sullivan

E.D.S. said:
Really really pleased with this signing but to err on the side if caution. I wouldn't expect the trophy cabinet to start bulging at the seems just yet. What I know from watching this devils team for over 24 years is that....they don't win when they are 'supposed' to. When everyone rules us out we succeed. We're not supposed to make every playoffs but we do. When we're short benched and we're not supposed to win, we do. Sadly, as I've said, when we're 'supposed' to win, we don't. I guess what I'm saying is we don't do it the easy way. I appreciate people will point to the Weller season and say different but on the whole we are a backs to wall team and I love us for that!
We were supposed to win in 92, 93 and 94. Funny, that :D

Since then we have had many more seasons when we weren't supposed to win, and didn't. I would submit that other than the 2006 CC win and (possibly) the 99 playoff win, we have pretty much won the ones we were supposed to, and missed the ones we were not expected to win.

E.D.S.

Paul Sullivan said:
E.D.S. said:
We were supposed to win in 92, 93 and 94. Funny, that :D

Since then we have had many more seasons when we weren't supposed to win, and didn't. I would submit that other than the 2006 CC win and (possibly) the 99 playoff win, we have pretty much won the ones we were supposed to, and missed the ones we were not expected to win.
I guess I'm referring to us seemingly pulling out big wins when we're short benched and then losing to sides like Dundee (no disrespect to Dundee) when we have a full compliment. I get optimistic when the boys are all back and we have a full bench then we get stuffed by Hull or similar.
We shall have to wait and see how they all gel.

Finny

I certainly don't think we are favourites. That is Belfast with Sheffield and Nottingham just behind them.
But I think we are in with a chance and if we can keep Biz for the rest of the season we can join them as contenders.