Greetings From Canada!

drainage

DevilDom said:
drainage said:
DevilDom said:
Curious as to why this thread has been turned into a debate about which evening games are on? Steve only came on to say hello and and thank people for the welcome he received!
Because one poster asked him to sort some Sat games so he can take his sons and Steve replied he would speak to Todd hence comments !

Never going to get 100% agreement on this ....for me mix it up if helps get bums on seats!

Not a fan of mid week games due to me invariably being in a motorway or in a hotel miles from the Bay but hey ho thems the breaks!!

We will never make everyone 100% happy as we all have things we do or are responsible for outside of the BBT
Yes i read the comments. The point being i wouldn't want to Steve to think he couldn't comment on or create a topic for discussion without it being hijacked by someone asking for this that or the other. As has been said this is something that has been debated for years and I'm sure Todd will come up with the right balance.
To be fair Dom once he said he he would ask Todd to consider it it sort off gave a go to others expressing their preference .... And I don't see an issue with expressing preference as long as it's doesn't disintegrate into arguing and we all accept you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I would be surprised if Steve saw this as anything other than fans saying it makes it easier to attend on XY or Z days ....he must be pleased people want to come and want it made easier to come?

SteveKing

Thread starter #62
I definitely do not mind the back and forth about fan preferences. Its a great way for us to learn the various issues that fans and families face in getting to games.

I run a company with almost 10,000 shareholders so feedback from interested parties is not uncomfortable for me!

Wannabe2

SteveKing said:
I definitely do not mind the back and forth about fan preferences. Its a great way for us to learn the various issues that fans and families face in getting to games.

I run a company with almost 10,000 shareholders so feedback from interested parties is not uncomfortable for me!
Well our new owners are certainly not uncomfortable to us, and that makes a nice change. Won't be long now folks, let's get the BBT rocking and a rolling.
Happy Hockey Days.

All I can say is WOW.

How rare is it for an owner of a sports franchise to be this engaging with the fan base. This really fills me full of Joy to know that we have someone who A) knows what they are doing B) cares enough to do this C) Isnt a clown (sorry couldn't resist one last dig at previous owners)

I have a funny feeling that there are going to be a lot of jealous rival fans out there soon enough

DevilDom

SteveKing said:

That's great to know and so refreshing to hear.

Just a word of warning though - Devils could sign an excellent team and do the Grand Slam but there would be at least 1 fan unhappy about something! :lol:

In that case, for the record I prefer Sunday's as often have other things on a Saturday and away trips on a Saturday are great too but if face off was a bit earlier on the Sunday (say 5pm) it would help with families and I may be able to bring my 5 year old more often along with my 13 year old. Cheers

Miami1980 said:
All I can say is WOW.

How rare is it for an owner of a sports franchise to be this engaging with the fan base. This really fills me full of Joy to know that we have someone who A) knows what they are doing B) cares enough to do this C) Isnt a clown (sorry couldn't resist one last dig at previous owners)

I have a funny feeling that there are going to be a lot of jealous rival fans out there soon enough
I don't know, he never got back to me about those Flames tickets. Gone off him already, bloody chancer.

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
SteveKing said:

That's great to know and so refreshing to hear.

Just a word of warning though - Devils could sign an excellent team and do the Grand Slam but there would be at least 1 fan unhappy about something! :lol:

In that case, for the record I prefer Sunday's as often have other things on a Saturday and away trips on a Saturday are great too but if face off was a bit earlier on the Sunday (say 5pm) it would help with families and I may be able to bring my 5 year old more often along with my 13 year old. Cheers
What he said... Only I have just the one toddler!

zoesdevil

All I want to say to Steve is thank you for helping our club!!

Hynod said:
Saturdays games would be my preference.
Me too as I live in Carmarthen and need to be up for work at earliest 4:15am and don't get in on a Sunday night til 10:30-11pm and that's hoping that there's no fights or bench clearances! lol

Sheincar

So basically we want Saturday/Sunday games - which is what we have! No day will suit everyone so there's no real point in debating it further. The only thing that Todd can take into account is which night brings in the most money.

Sheincar said:
So basically we want Saturday/Sunday games - which is what we have! No day will suit everyone so there's no real point in debating it further. The only thing that Todd can take into account is which night brings in the most money.
Thinking about it, it doesn't really bother me much but when we move in to the arena and it becomes more of a comfortable environment and people want to stay on in the bar after the games as they once did in in the WNIR then Saturday may become more of a draw and attract bigger crowds

wildthing74

I know we are keeping this OT but thats the point we will never get a balance everybody will be happy with.
We are lucky as a city to have so much going on but that in effect means we are competing with so many things too.Hockey has always been seen as Sunday in Cardiff right since the 80s and this allows people to go away but not compete with the City/Blues home games where people are out already all day.Like been mooted I think bring the F/O forward maybe an hour is the answer on Sunday.Gives families chance to get home early and I know when we have gone to Nottingham/Sheff or Cov on a Sunday I appreciate the earlier start time so may allow for more fans to visit from away teams.
Its the age old debate that will never go away,will never be fully well recieved but I think the balance of fixtures for next season is perfect.

Sheincar

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Sheincar said:
Thinking about it, it doesn't really bother me much but when we move in to the arena and it becomes more of a comfortable environment and people want to stay on in the bar after the games as they once did in in the WNIR then Saturday may become more of a draw and attract bigger crowds
Agreed. In addition if we can get TVs in the bar so people can watch rugby/fòotball/F1 as we did in WNIR then that may also attract people to the rink to watch before our games.

Jon

wildthing74 said:
I know we are keeping this OT but thats the point we will never get a balance everybody will be happy with.
We are lucky as a city to have so much going on but that in effect means we are competing with so many things too.Hockey has always been seen as Sunday in Cardiff right since the 80s and this allows people to go away but not compete with the City/Blues home games where people are out already all day.Like been mooted I think bring the F/O forward maybe an hour is the answer on Sunday.Gives families chance to get home early and I know when we have gone to Nottingham/Sheff or Cov on a Sunday I appreciate the earlier start time so may allow for more fans to visit from away teams.
Its the age old debate that will never go away,will never be fully well recieved but I think the balance of fixtures for next season is perfect.
I tend to agree with the earlier face off idea on a Sunday,when we travel as Jon has pointed out knowing we wont be very late home is a determining factor in whether I go or not.As far as specific days go whatever is best for the club is fine with me.

Earlier start on a Sunday would mean I would bring my children along to some games, they are usually in bed around 7:30 ish so a 4 pm start would be ideal. Even 5pm would be tempting as I could be home around 8:30.

Greetings from Canada from me as well. Things have really looked up since I have been this side of the pond.

A reappearence at the rink is now on the cards as a few of us "Old timers" make a comeback.

Well done to everyone

OJ

Mooney#16

I'm in the early start on sunday camp but just to put in a logistical point. If Devils are playing the majority of the away games on Saturdays that means they are travelling home before the sunday home fixture. To drive back from Scotland arriving home at say 7 in the morning to then try to go and catch some sleep before getting up and preparing for your home fixture. To lose that hour could prove costly to alot of guys fatigue and performance levels. I think it just sort of a price Devils fans have to pay for being the city so far south.