Greetings From Canada!

SteveKing

Thread starter #1
Hello Devils fans. First off, I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be involved with the Devils and with the city of Cardiff. Secondly, I'd like to thank all of you who came to the "Meet the Owners" event and for making me and Todd feel so welcome. It was an unbelievable reception and showed the passion that exists for Devils hockey.

Like you, I've been excited to be following all of the signings that have happened over the last two weeks. While it will probably take a year or two to build the kind of team that we really want, the early response from players towards playing in Cardiff under Todd has been tremendous.

Mistakes will be made, successes and failures will be dissected - that is the beauty of being a sports fan. I'm looking forward to doing it along with all of you. Now let's start the season already!!

Best regards,

Steve King

davew

Thank you for revitalizing our club.

I am now well and truly excited about the next few years.

I hope you enjoy the stampede, and we look forward to seeing you and your family in Cardiff soon.

Steve, THANK YOU SO MUCH! When I see you at the rink there's a beer with your name on it! What you and Todd have done and are going to do in Cardiff is going to be truly monumental!
Diolch yn fair Steve!

wildthing74

Like already said thank you for your investment in our club at a time when our fans probably felt at an all time low but you coming in with Todd,Franny & Lordo has truly ignited the passion and we can now look forward to a stable and hopefully sucessful future.

You will love our city and our people and if you thought you saw passion at the Meet the players event just wait until you experience our little rink full and rocking.

You will never know what a relief it is to have reall hockey people involved who want to make hockey fun again in Cardiff as the last ownership sucked every last bit of fun out.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family to a game next season.

Thank you Steve for ridding us of the previous owners, I can now come back to hockey in Cardiff, last season was the first year I didn't have a season ticket in 12 years and I just followed away games, now I am confident and happy to put my leisure pounds in to the club

Mooney#16

There is a pick up game waiting for you Friday nights so bring your skates next time you visit.

You haven't seen it yet but Cardiff is a hockey town with a large and passionate community. The Devils should be the pinnacle of that community in everything they do so that is all I ask. Let the Devils represent Cardiff and it's hockey community to the highest standard. We have rec teams travelling Europe and further all with Cardiff attached to them. Let them inspire this and the next generation. Good luck Steve and everyone else.

mazza03

wildthing74 said:
Like already said thank you for your investment in our club at a time when our fans probably felt at an all time low but you coming in with Todd,Franny & Lordo has truly ignited the passion and we can now look forward to a stable and hopefully sucessful future.

You will love our city and our people and if you thought you saw passion at the Meet the players event just wait until you experience our little rink full and rocking.

You will never know what a relief it is to have reall hockey people involved who want to make hockey fun again in Cardiff as the last ownership sucked every last bit of fun out.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family to a game next season.
What he said with bells on, I wasn't going to renew my ST and I have been a ST holder since 1990 but now, roll on, I can't wait.

Thank you :D

As a Fan of numerous years who had become so disillusioned with the previous owners that I practically didn't come to a single game last year for the first time in over 15 years I thank you.

I haven't felt this excited about a devils team since the old ISL days. The buzz you have brought to this forum alone is amazing and I can only look forward to the coming seasons and many more with excitement.

Thank you for bringing quality Hockey back to Wales.

DevilDom

Thank you for your investment. I hope it proves fruitful and enjoyable for both you and us fans. From what I have seen to date I am very confident that it will.

After a couple of years where I have questioned whether my own involvement was worth it anymore I am now excited for the season to start and looking forward to just enjoying hockey again.

Win or lose I hope all the fans give you the time, support and respect you, Todd and the rest of the team deserve to make it a success.

Hi Steve and welcome to Cardiff. I too am a 10 year plus family season ticket holder and the day before the takeover announcement was made Ginge and I had said we were not going to bother with the Devils this year. We are absolutely thrilled that real hockey people have become involved and now can't wait for the season to start. Many many thanks and if you do catch some games in the tent can I borrow your Flames tickets? :Banana :pickle :Banana

(my first and last dancing bananas) Happy Days indeed.

Jon

Hi Steve and welcome to Cardiff,a more passionate group of fans it would be hard to find.Here's to many happy hockey days together.

Wannabe2

Thank you kind Sir for saving my beloved Devils from a fate worse than Hell itself, I have been supporting the Devils since day 1,and am truelly a devils anorak, that's a hockey geek to some, I cancelled my 3 season tickets under the last regime, and it truelly broke my heart and my spirit, then a few Real Gents from across the pond turned mine and many others world upside down, and for that I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart, my beloved team at long, long last is in the best hands it has ever been in, and I am now the holder of 3new season tickets. Cardiff without a shadow of a doubt is the finest City in the UK, Devils fans are the finest you will find anywhere on the planet, and this great club is finally in the hands of people it deserves to be in, and for that guys I thank you sincerley, very sincerley. We fans now have a new home on the horizon, and owners to be proud of, and you Gentlemen have a journey that I believe will be fruitful, exciting, and full of fun. What a combination we will all make together, look out you other lot in the league, the Devils are on the March and we won't be taking any prisoners,how long have I been waiting to say that and mean it. Thank you Gentlemen from every devils fan wherever they may be, and thank you for allowing me to say my favourite saying.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

I have only posted once before and I probably will not post much after

One of the reasons I have not posted is that my perception is that this forum has been like "tilted ice" for quite some time. Some of the "moderators" on here got too close to the past management.

That being said, I look forward to the fan base being re-united and moving on together.

Thankyou Steve for rescuing our club and putting faith back in our hearts.

Hello steve and welcome to Cardiff.We are so looking forward to meeting you at Cardiff.What a true gent you are.It is so good to see your name up on our inferno.We feel truly ecstatic to have you aboard.So much so, every time i hear the devils mentioned,i cant stop smiling.No one can describe how happy you have made us all.I cannot wait until september comes.im even wishing the summer away.It just cannot come around quick enough for us guys.I guess we will just have to be a bit patient.Good things come to those who wait...I could not be any happier.Feels like we have won the lottery here in good old Wales.See you in september.x

SteveKing

Thread starter #17
Thanks to all of you for the overly kind replies. I believe that the current plan is for myself, Brian Parker, Craig Shostak and Kelly Hughes as well as our wives and kids, to come out to Cardiff the second weekend of October. I know Todd was hoping to get a couple of home fixtures scheduled on that weekend.

I hope to meet as many of you as possible that weekend. I'm not sure if I'll bring the skates out but I'm guessing my two boys will!

drainage

Words cannot say how much the change of ownership has re vitalised a club I have loved since late 1986 !

We cannot wait to start the season , people are buzzing and wishing it was September already! You can't understand how glad we are we have you and Todd at the helm.

We are a small but amazing city, we look after each other and our team , and we care.

There will be several pints behind the bar for you!

Am sure we can draw up a list of things to do in Cardiff when you all make your way over here.....

Steve,

I don't think 'Thank you' quite covers it.

Hockey has brought us all together and in Cardiff, it's kind of the capitals best kept secret. Which probably makes it what is is. We've all met fantastic friends, bickered, quarrelled and shed a lot of bloody, sweat, tears as well as lost a load of finger nails and a few nights of sleep (Some we can even remember) over this team.

When you get a chance to see some video, check some out, including the Challenge Cup Final in 2006. It is the only trophy I have ever seen us win and nothing has ever eclipsed that level of euphoria.

As Todd said at the event, nobody will ever care for this club the way that we the fans do. However soon you will be a fan, when the atmosphere, the people and the passion of Cardiff hockey embraces you like it did to each and every one of us and made us part of the best family in British Ice Hockey.

So welcome. I hope you and your consortium enjoy your new family.

See you at the tent and soon our shiny new arena.

It's a great time for hockey.

Wannabe2

drummer-sean said:
Steve,

I don't think 'Thank you' quite covers it.

Hockey has brought us all together and in Cardiff, it's kind of the capitals best kept secret. Which probably makes it what is is. We've all met fantastic friends, bickered, quarrelled and shed a lot of bloody, sweat, tears as well as lost a load of finger nails and a few nights of sleep (Some we can even remember) over this team.

When you get a chance to see some video, check some out, including the Challenge Cup Final in 2006. It is the only trophy I have ever seen us win and nothing has ever eclipsed that level of euphoria.

As Todd said at the event, nobody will ever care for this club the way that we the fans do. However soon you will be a fan, when the atmosphere, the people and the passion of Cardiff hockey embraces you like it did to each and every one of us and made us part of the best family in British
Ice Hockey.

So welcome. I hope you and your consortium enjoy your new family.

See you at the tent and soon our shiny new arena.

It's a great time for hockey.
Well said Sean, Steve this comment says it all, we are truelly now a extension of your lovely family, you now have more relatives in Wales than Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey,Sir Richard Burton,Sir Anthony Hopkins,Dylan Thomas and Catherine Zeta Jones put together. Happy Hockey Days Cousin. ;)