Greetings From Canada!

Chris

Administrator
Wannabe2 said:
danhall76 said:
I can't recall ever being this excited about a season before!! The future's RED!!!
I can't recall having a owner taking the time out to listen to the fans like Mr King, what a nice change,this club is going to go a very, very long way.
Happy Hockey Days.
That's true actually, since Bob we've either been threatened with legal action, tried to be taken over, or dumped on from a great height by both the owner and the GM in terms of running the site :/

This time we've actually got someone who appears to want to interact with fans - which is great - and a GM who doesn't seem intent on telling us one thing, then doing another, or just generally being less than helpful (trying to keep it less sweary here)...

It's going to be weird getting back to having people in control who know what they're doing :D

Good Evening Mr King,

Congratulations on a really shrewd investment, the Cardiff Devils were at the forefront of bringing UK Ice Hockey into a new age in the late 80's & early 90's. They were the trailblazers who took the game out of ramshackle barns and added an element of professionalism to the game. Quite perverse when you see the tent they've been playing out of over the last few years.

Cardiff truly is a Hockey City and you've not just got the people of Cardiff as a target market, you've got the whole of South Wales. From the changes that have been evident over the last few weeks including your presentation evening that I saw online you are ready to put that professionalism back into the organisation and in TK you already know that you've got the right man in the right place.

Just to get the fans fully on your side, make an enquiry as to what Craig Weller is doing next year. Now there's somebody you unites the Devils Fans.

Welcome to South Wales Sir, I get the distinct feeling that this is going to be one hell of an enjoyable ride. (pun intended)

PS, one day I'll get my company name on the front of the Devils Jersey as well, now wouldn't that be sweet. (pun again intended)

drainage

fordy66 said:
I don't mind Saturday or Sunday .... My only concern for Saturday is a potential fixture clash with football and rugby.... What about a 5pm Sunday face off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was thinking same thing I like hockey on a Sunday and it also means if I go to away games if they are Saturdays I don't use all my leave taking Mondays off !

A 5pm start means game barring major delays would be done for 7.30? Better for away fans coming to us too

Even travelling from Weston-super-Mare I prefer the Sunday games. I tend to go out on Saturdays and I don't get back until about 11 30 if face off is 7 30. Plus with the group of us that come over there are a few that work Saturdays.

Earnie

It was not really fair to land the Saturday/Sunday debate on Mr King. We have argued about this for decades and invariably finish off with a generous mix usually favouring the Sunday by a few games. Suits me. Avoiding football and rugby clashes will probably swing in favour Sundays for Devils.

DevilDom

Curious as to why this thread has been turned into a debate about which evening games are on? Steve only came on to say hello and and thank people for the welcome he received!

Welcome to Cardiff.

I'm sure your time here will prove to be exciting, prosperous and pucktastic for all involved.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

drainage

DevilDom said:
Curious as to why this thread has been turned into a debate about which evening games are on? Steve only came on to say hello and and thank people for the welcome he received!
Because one poster asked him to sort some Sat games so he can take his sons and Steve replied he would speak to Todd hence comments !

Never going to get 100% agreement on this ....for me mix it up if helps get bums on seats!

Not a fan of mid week games due to me invariably being in a motorway or in a hotel miles from the Bay but hey ho thems the breaks!!

We will never make everyone 100% happy as we all have things we do or are responsible for outside of the BBT

DevilDom said:
If there was an audience Q+A this would have come up at the meet the new owners event, that's why I was pleased there was no questions from the floor. I just want the games when there is the biggest crowds so that the club can have the revenue to be successful

DevilDom

drainage said:
DevilDom said:
Because one poster asked him to sort some Sat games so he can take his sons and Steve replied he would speak to Todd hence comments !

Never going to get 100% agreement on this ....for me mix it up if helps get bums on seats!

Not a fan of mid week games due to me invariably being in a motorway or in a hotel miles from the Bay but hey ho thems the breaks!!

We will never make everyone 100% happy as we all have things we do or are responsible for outside of the BBT
Yes i read the comments. The point being i wouldn't want to Steve to think he couldn't comment on or create a topic for discussion without it being hijacked by someone asking for this that or the other. As has been said this is something that has been debated for years and I'm sure Todd will come up with the right balance.

Rempel16

Didn't the Devils twitter already state there are 19 sunday home games with 8 saturday home games and 2 midweek games (or something like that)?
So the debate is irrelevant.

Wannabe2

What a great time of the year, 6 more imports to sign, huge excitement about the new season, probably the best feel good factor in donkey's years. Our new home rising from the ground at long last, our club finally in good hands where it belongs, a fan base more united now than in a long time, and the sun is shining. Seems like a very good time to be a Devils fan.
Happy Hockey Days.

voth26

SteveKing said:
Thanks to all of you for the overly kind replies. I believe that the current plan is for myself, Brian Parker, Craig Shostak and Kelly Hughes as well as our wives and kids, to come out to Cardiff the second weekend of October. I know Todd was hoping to get a couple of home fixtures scheduled on that weekend.

I hope to meet as many of you as possible that weekend. I'm not sure if I'll bring the skates out but I'm guessing my two boys will!
Steve your very welcome to our fine city anythme you please, as has already been said a thousand heart felt thanks for saving the best ice hockey club in britain, i give you the CARDIFF DEVILS. cant wait for sept

voth26

HatchetMan said:
Wannabe2 said:
drummer-sean said:
Steve,

I don't think 'Thank you' quite covers it.

Hockey has brought us all together and in Cardiff, it's kind of the capitals best kept secret. Which probably makes it what is is. We've all met fantastic friends, bickered, quarrelled and shed a lot of bloody, sweat, tears as well as lost a load of finger nails and a few nights of sleep (Some we can even remember) over this team.

When you get a chance to see some video, check some out, including the Challenge Cup Final in 2006. It is the only trophy I have ever seen us win and nothing has ever eclipsed that level of euphoria.

As Todd said at the event, nobody will ever care for this club the way that we the fans do. However soon you will be a fan, when the atmosphere, the people and the passion of Cardiff hockey embraces you like it did to each and every one of us and made us part of the best family in British
Ice Hockey.

So welcome. I hope you and your consortium enjoy your new family.

See you at the tent and soon our shiny new arena.

It's a great time for hockey.
Well said Sean, Steve this comment says it all, we are truelly now a extension of your lovely family, you now have more relatives in Wales than Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey,Sir Richard Burton,Sir Anthony Hopkins,Dylan Thomas and Catherine Zeta Jones put together. Happy Hockey Days Cousin. ;)
Good grief man, your supposed to be a grown man with a family!

When are you joining the queue to let him teabag you? :oops:

After clearing that up, thanks for the purchase Steve things are looking good for next season finally!

Please refrain from making personal attacks. You can consider this a final warning - James
Hatchetman by name and nature it would seem!!!! always one in the pile :roll: