Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

Fantastic weekend for the Devils, couldn't have asked for anymore than 2 regulation wins, I think most of us would have been fine with a split.

As for the stuff at the end of the game, why can I see us coming out of it worse with DOPES? Recent bans against us have made me a bit nervous about this situation now, what's the roulette wheel of bans going to give us

mazza03

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Devils should ask for a review of the ref: he lost control of the game, therefore causing the whole mellee

terry hunt

The EIHL like all sporting bodies rarely review or punish referees.They usually back up decisions.I would have thought our best bet would to ask for a review of players/incidents he didnt punish.
Realistically i would have thought it would be more sensible for TK and Giants management to have a chat and where possible leave it alone.If we do a tit for tat we lower our club down to the level of the Steelers and the Clan.
The biggest winner from a lot of DOPs reviews is the Steelers.
It is a sad sight to see a great club like the Giants descend to that behaviour. These videos will be shown far and wide and bad for our league.

BostonBart22

Fantastic weekend for the Devils, couldn't have asked for anymore than 2 regulation wins, I think most of us would have been fine with a split.

As for the stuff at the end of the game, why can I see us coming out of it worse with DOPES? Recent bans against us have made me a bit nervous about this situation now, what's the roulette wheel of bans going to give us
After watching the webcast and highlights i can see the 2 coaches having a one game ban for not controlling the players , vandermeer upgraded to a game penalty, dickson upgraded to 5mins for fighting, hate to say this but bowns may be upgraded to 5 plus game fighting with vandermeer and dickson, oh and one more hogarth demoted to a lower league.

According to EIHL website only the following are automatic reviews:-
What penalties are reviewed automatically?

ALL 2+10, 5+GAME checking to head
ALL 2+10, 5+GAME checking from behind
And ALL match penalties.

Therefore the only automatic ones should be the 2 coaches (Match pens Elson & Stewart) and Jonesy 2+10. The rest are game or 10m misconduct and not in the above categories.

Obviously no guarantee but they are the 'rule'

Devil_Abroad

According to EIHL website only the following are automatic reviews:-
What penalties are reviewed automatically?

ALL 2+10, 5+GAME checking to head
ALL 2+10, 5+GAME checking from behind
And ALL match penalties.

Therefore the only automatic ones should be the 2 coaches (Match pens Elson & Stewart) and Jonesy 2+10. The rest are game or 10m misconduct and not in the above categories.

Obviously no guarantee but they are the 'rule'
There's the Keefe penalty last week where he was penalised 2 + 5 Game for Instigator and Fighting - automatic 1 game suspension - so I wouldn't be certain that there won't be more coming on Tuesday. Also, Giants may ask for reviews? Hope not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finny

Didn't initially notice the check to the head by Walser on Benti but that is awful.

I've also rewatched the end of the game a couple of times and when the puck is cleared and Martin chases it, it looks to me like Walser tries to check him to the head too but misses?

That wasn't a Four Point Weekend but an almighty 8 Pointer. There was a chance that we would return to beautiful South Wales 1 point behind the Giants with a game in hand. We are now an amazing 7 points clear, with a game in hand.

I too noticed the hit to Benti's head on the highlights and hope that get's looked at. The entire melee at the end needs a review to see who got what but if Nickerson and Bordy left the bench then everyone did so it's either all or no-one. The best comment on the whole thing was from the Commentary Team, where was that fire and urgency in the first period from the Giants. All well and good after the buzzer.

And one final mention to Coach Walser. Many will look back on your disgraceful actions in IAW when you showed a lack of class and respect for our Country and Organisation. Thank you so so much for putting the Fire back into the Devils that night, you gave us the motivation to turn that corner and kick your behind, in the best way possible, the scoreboard.

BostonBart22

There's the Keefe penalty last week where he was penalised 2 + 5 Game for Instigator and Fighting - automatic 1 game suspension - so I wouldn't be certain that there won't be more coming on Tuesday. Also, Giants may ask for reviews? Hope not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pretty sure keefe had match ban for fighting in the last 2 minutes of the game last week, does that been bowns and vandemeer could have a match ban...thoughts !

It's pretty obvious that the whole post game activities were caused by Reilly who wasn't satisfied with elbowing Hotham in the corner with about 3 seconds left and proceeded to follow and sucker punch Hotham in front of the net. Meanwhile Vandermeer has decided to shoot the puck after the whistle potentially injuring Richardson and the continues on to try to pummel Fournier while he's down on the ice.
Bowns had every right to try to say something to former NHLer Vandemeer after the post whistle shot but he was accosted by a few of the Giants. The backup goalie without a helmet then proceeded to go after Bowns.
Pretty disappointing behaviour by both Vandermeer and Walser!
This will be a further test this season to see if DOPS has any credibility at all.

E.D.S.

The disappointing thing for me is that you could see the ref was calling the penalty and the players knew that next time a giant touched it the whistle would blow. Yet he still shot the puck with zero consideration for player safety. That must surely get picked up by those dopes in the EIHL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

It's pretty obvious that the whole post game activities were caused by Reilly who wasn't satisfied with elbowing Hotham in the corner with about 3 seconds left and proceeded to follow and sucker punch Hotham in front of the net. Meanwhile Vandermeer has decided to shoot the puck after the whistle potentially injuring Richardson and the continues on to try to pummel Fournier while he's down on the ice.
Bowns had every right to try to say something to former NHLer Vandemeer after the post whistle shot but he was accosted by a few of the Giants. The backup goalie without a helmet then proceeded to go after Bowns.
Pretty disappointing behaviour by both Vandermeer and Walser!
This will be a further test this season to see if DOPS has any credibility at all.
Wouldn't hold your breath, what should happen and what will happen are worlds apart. Really expecting Devils to be badly screwed over

Check out the blindside hit on Benny by Walser, it's 1.01 on the highlight reel. He should be made to pay for that.
Yes ,elbow raised as he skates past, Benti goes to bench. But we did get some justice as Doucet comes on , skates towards back post and scores after Martin the Magician finds him with a beautiful pass !