Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

Devil_Abroad

I remember the Nottingham bench clearance at the WNIR Terry. Blaisdale indeed left the scene and went to the bar. That was a Proper fight.
It made last Saturday's incident at Belfast look handbags - which it was really.
Is that the one where Hope did a Bownsie but with both hands on two different players? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Having looked at the highlights a few times I'm not sure you can say that Walser intentionally hits Benti to the head. Looks more like a collision to me which unfortunately resulted in an injury. Would have to see different angles to see if Walser moved off his direction of travel or raised his elbow in order to make contact. To me it doesn't look like he is looking at Benti.

There is no distinction made as to the intent - only where the first point of contact is made - looked to be the head for me?

terry hunt

It may be wishful thinking on my part but i am sure the old refs would step in to stop injuries but allowed a clean fight.
This situation reminds me of Boniface at his worst

Agreed that there is no distinction when a player is making a check regarding the pint if contact. What I'm saying ( maybe badly)is that I don't think Walser made a move to check Bentivoglio and they just collided. Not sure you can ban someone for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the bench clearance being referred to here is where Ross Lambert sucker punched MC at a face off and all hell broke out - now that was a bench clearance!!!