Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

Wannabe2

Getting back on track how good are we, 4pts off our nearest rivals, and all of them at theirs. Steelers win, so what, it aint about them, they are also rans. We are where we should be, looking down on the other lot. Steelers very good team, Giants very, very good team, Devils on another stratosphere, when we play as we can we are poetry in motion. The other night I said it was a great time to be a Devils fan, tonight I say it's an amazing time to be a Devils fan. We were once the most successful Welsh team in the country, history could just about to be repeating itself hopefully. Thanks guys 3,000 Plus fans are having a ball this weekend.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Devil_Abroad

Vandermeer shot the puck after the whistle which struck Richardson. Don't think Bowns took kindly to it and was skating to have a word with him. In the meantime it was dominoes behind him, a Devil falling, then a Giant, a Devils being pushed, then a Giant. Then a sucker punch by Rutherford on A Hotham (he's been giving Hotham cheap shots all year for some reason lol). As Bowns finally approaches Vandermeer he gets sucker punched by him so he starts fighting back. Then about 3 Giants jump on Bowns whilst Fournier and another Devils try holding Vandermeer who turns on Fournier and punches him a few times whilst he's down on the ice with his back to him.

No idea why Bordy and Nickerson were assessed 'leaving the bench' - the whistle had gone to end the game. But then Hogarth was very poor all night so maybe if someone asked him or a lino for an explanation it might help us?

Great weekend of hockey; two tough and exciting games. Two great results for us. Well done boys. Now keep it going for at least 8 games, please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vandermeer shot the puck after the whistle which struck Richardson. Don't think Bowns took kindly to it and was skating to have a word with him. In the meantime it was dominoes behind him, a Devil falling, then a Giant, a Devils being pushed, then a Giant. Then a sucker punch by Rutherford on A Hotham (he's been giving Hotham cheap shots all year for some reason lol). As Bowns finally approaches Vandermeer he gets sucker punched by him so he starts fighting back. Then about 3 Giants jump on Bowns whilst Fournier and another Devils try holding Vandermeer who turns on Fournier and punches him a few times whilst he's down on the ice with his back to him.

No idea why Bordy and Nickerson were assessed 'leaving the bench' - the whistle had gone to end the game. But then Hogarth was very poor all night so maybe if someone asked him or a lino for an explanation it might help us?

Great weekend of hockey; two tough and exciting games. Two great results for us. Well done boys. Now keep it going for at least 8 games, please.

The reason I believe that it could of been was leaving the bench to get involved with an altercation

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

pjj365

Went to bed (about 1145) when 260mins posted now 380 including 25 for Jamie

Can we expect further changes this morning when the ref has slept on it?

Devil_Abroad

The reason I believe that it could of been was leaving the bench to get involved with an altercation

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
That is the penalty but we're all baffled as to how that could have been assessed. Looking at the footage Bordy wasn't the first on the ice from the bench as when he arrives there are already several players on the ice as they do when the game whistle goes. Bizarre.

jimmy snels

Really enjoyed those victories. My thoughts:
* joey martin, assilin and A hotham were our best players and streets above anyone else on either team.
*the refereeing was awful.
*sad to see batch getting so little play time
*good to see lord take it to martinelli who has cheap shotted our players almost every game vs them
*nickerson very quiet again, id not be happy as a giants fan to see someone so clearly playing within themselves.
*assalin made some serious plays this weekend but the pass from martin for the first goal last night was unreal!
*id be very disappointed if bordy doesnt watch that footage back of the melee at the end and make vandemer answer for that. He suckered fournier from behind, dragged him down and punched him on the floor! All this after having a go at bownsy

Finny

As the seconds tick down, Hotham is elbowed in the head by a Giants player and Hogarth calls a delayed penalty, but the buzzer sounds anyway. A Giants player off camera then fires the puck after the whistle (albeit fractionally) that hits and hurts Richardson.
Bowns starts to approach said player (second successive night the puck has been fired towards goal after whistle) and two Belfast players approach him, one of whom shove Haddad. Hotham then shoves that player in the chest and he hits the ice. Hotham is then shoved in the face by a Belfast player.
Everyone starts to charge in apart from Bowns who is still skating towards Vandermeer. As they meet, Vandermeer elbows Bowns in the head, who then gives him a couple of punches back.
Several players converge and Vandermeer ends up with his hands around Fournier's neck, dragging him dangerously to the ice. With Fournier on the ice Vandermeer then throws several punches at him before the linesman drags him off.
Meanwhile Dickson (nice to see him getting some ice time) has charged at Bowns and thrown a couple of punches at him. I can't see Bowns throw any punches back, just holding him off at arms length.
Bordeleau is skating around but I can't see him throw any punches. He seems to be looking for a fight but nobody wants to.

Really pathetic actions by several Belfast players. I really can't see what Cardiff did wrong there other than stick up for themselves. The Giants should have been down the other end of the ice to start with.

Devil94

Rutherford not down for a penalty even though he started the whole thing with a sucker punch on Hotham.
The only thing ban worthy in all of that I'd say is vandermeer on Fournier. Will be interesting to see if we request a review.

Wannabe2

There was a elbow to Hotham's face, going into the corner, just prior to the melee, as for Vandermeer, he is tough cookie but punching a guy from behind when his is down on the ice, come on.

Kal

So the fights are Bowns with Vandermeer and Hoth with Riley? They've both soft fighting calls I've seen worse roughing go unpunished! The leaving the bench ones are baffling and the 3rd man on founier again is soft considering the fights aren't really happening.

Devil94

What about the Benti injury? Is it a deliberate hit to the head? Can't quite see if it's a stick or shoulder that catches him.
1 minute in in the highlights.

august04

What about the Benti injury? Is it a deliberate hit to the head? Can't quite see if it's a stick or shoulder that catches him.
1 minute in in the highlights.
It's certainly a hit to the head from Walser on Bentivoglio. Deliberate or not, I'd be asking for that to be reviewed as it caused an injury and we've been on the receiving end of a few of those lately.