Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

osh

Wow, just seen the result due to travelling and Internet restrictions. The team showed some mettle coming back from 3 down and you can see in Walsers interview how much the defeat hurt ( suck it up fella after your farcical behaviour at our place ) another big night tonight, another win could make it very very difficult for the team's chasing us. Great performance and as always, great fan support from our fanatics, well done all.

Wannabe2

One of those most memorable nights in all
My years watching this team.
I won't pretend otherwise I had written us off after 2 periods and hoped we would keep a lot in the tank for tomorrow but instead we came out and totally dominated that final period and showed the desire and intensity that looked missing the previous two.
We had a massive following easily the biggest I have ever seen in Belfast and we had started to give up hope.
Richie's goal lifted us and the Devils crowd believed again and the Giants froze and the whole arena then seemed on edge.
Even at 3-2 it felt a tall ask but at 3-3 only we were going to win and to do in regulation was just a massive bonus.
Haddad is a beast and yet again dragged the team on his shoulders and never gave up hope.Bentivoli was fully of industry and always looked like he could create something but Asselin different gravy.What a third period he pretty much ran the show and Giants had no answers.
Credit to Lord his line changes worked and Ben closed the door when he was rarely called on in the final few minutes.
The celebrations,singing and partying after will be that of legend for a long time.
Lots of people talking about champions find a way to win like that and if he play with this botttle the rest of the way we bloody deserve that tital.
I'm speechless and I've been in my room for nearly and hour and can't even try and wind down to sleep.What a comeback and what a night.
Brilliantly wrote by a fan that epitomises what being a Devils fan is all about, the 16/17 season ride is like jockeying the winner in the Grand National, I had to make do with watching the webcast on my own in work, but I was screaming to myself, and answering back to myself, we then both partied together and my new found friend is also hooked. I never in a million years, ever expected to again experience the amazing highs that we all experienced in the dizzy years of the WNIR, but by god this is as good as it gets. Super Sonic legends names that hang from the rafters in our wonderful home, are looking down and getting goose bumps at what they are seeing. Thank you Devils, thank you fans, thank you players, thank you awesome owners, and thank you coach. This old codger is 18 yrs of age every time I watch my wonderful team. It's a great time to be a Devils fan.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

There is no doubt there is something special and brave about this team's battling character. They have the mindset of winners.

They should be proud of themselves - the whole organisation and the fans certainly are proud!

Just reading the posts above with a tingle down my spine and pride in my heart. Abroad as usual and not able to even read mnl until just now.
Fantastic result. Must have been incredible to be there.
What a come-back.
All the Best again for tonight.

Johnnybravo1927

Still a long way to go to win the league but by god this team has some character. I still think that sheffield have ovverall better imports than us but they dont have the team ethic we have. What we saw last night was a band of brothers giving everything for each other

ASHIPP

Still a long way to go to win the league but by god this team has some character. I still think that sheffield have ovverall better imports than us but they dont have the team ethic we have. What we saw last night was a band of brothers giving everything for each other
Always remember - skill is temporary, CLASS is permanent ;):D

voth26

Why do you think Steelers imports are better, genuine question. I'd take Fretted and Nelson that's it.

Wannabe2

I also wonder how you think Steelers have better imports to us, who for example

Ocko

I'd disagree with the point about Sheffield having better imports. I'd concede they have a bit more pace, especially on transition. But for me the table doesn't lie.

I hate to admit it but if they had better imports they'd be above us, Paul Thompson is unfortunately a very good coach, if 3/4 of his team were better they'd be well ahead. Their Brits are on a par on D but they have better Brit forwards. They certainly haven't got better imports IMO.

Ocko

Yes they are, but in the like for like player stakes the only one I would take would be Desbiens who I would make space for. But who is his equivalent? Lord? Lord for me every day.

Fretter or Martin - Martin without doubt. Best player in the league who I wouldn't swap for anyone.
Fitzgerald or Bordy - Bordy. Toughest guy in the league. Fitzy doesn't give any intimidation in comparison or hit anywhere near as hard.
Nelson or Haddad - Haddad. This year's MVP. Similar points but Joey is twice as physical.
Ratchuk or Fournier - Fournier. Ratchuk only has 18 points and is meant to be an offensive D man. Fournier has double that.

They also don't have anyone anywhere near as good as Hotham (but no team does) on the blue line.

Wannabe2

Ratchuk, Nelson, Fretter, Desbiens and fitzgerald are all excellent imports
Desbiens is the only one out of those I would take, as Ocko says we have more talented players in those positions. As for Fitzgerald come on mate, this guy really is a liability, loved watching him being rag dolled by Salters.