Giants v Devils - 28/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Wierdly I don't get too fazed by penalties anymore, although we need to reduce them sometimes.

Belfast had three more PP opportunities than us tonight although I know a couple were called around the same time as our opportunities. I dont seem to worry as much when teams have a PP this season as we seem to play better short handed sometimes, how mant SH have we scored this season?

drainage said:
is it me or does every team we beat have a reason for being beaten that seems to rely on

we played badly
we were shorthanded
we have too many injuries
we are tired
we played too many games
the ref was rubbish

Very few fans are giving us the credit we deserve - we are outplaying teams at the moment. It would be nice to be given wider credit for some awesome play.

Our run will end and I hope we are big enough to give credit to who ever ends it.

still thats 16 ..... I am happy cause it cant end before next weekend !! so 2010 saw us on a 16 game winning streak ..... I can wait to see what 2011 brings !!
We clapped you off the ice tonight, if that isnt credit I dont know what is. I have no idea tho, must have looked at the score and thought we were the Belfast Devils. :lol:

Finny

CornwallTaffy said:
Just waiting for Finny's report to relish the full enjoyment.
kkggififfifjfififififigogigififififfiff whooooooppppppppppp

yyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

So very very very proud to be a devils fan tonight. I shall go to bed tonight with a bigger smile than anyone else in the world.

Jgufufufydyhzjzktdxkxtxkx!!!!! B

TheStub

Re: Re: Giants v Devils - 28/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Update

Finny said:
CornwallTaffy said:
Just waiting for Finny's report to relish the full enjoyment.
kkggififfifjfififififigogigififififfiff whooooooppppppppppp

yyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

So very very very proud to be a devils fan tonight. I shall go to bed tonight with a bigger smile than anyone else in the world.

Jgufufufydyhzjzktdxkxtxkx!!!!! B
And wake with the hangover to prove it?

Im a Giants fan, so let me say this.

That was the best Devils performance I have seen at the O, and if I was a betting man I'd put money on you guys picking up the league title. Weller also has to be one of the best D-men I have seen playign at this level, what a fantastic player he is.

Giants where very poor tonight, no clue, no balls and no passion, Devils had all 3 and plently of it. To be honest the scoreline flattered the Giants, Devils could of easily have ran away with it and kept a clean sheet.

Koop11

Appreciate the honest words of a Belfast fan. Sounds like the boys are pretty unstoppable last night. Make no mistake, last night is arguably the biggest win of the season for us so far. What a way to top off a November/December we’ve had.

The guys have produced maximum points over that period playing a very entertaining brand of hockey. People like Finnerty, Pelle, Weller, Sir Tyler have been superb but it’s the unsung heroes also that are helping us on this run – Stuuuuu, the Smith’s, Gerad, etc. A huge team effort and I hope it continues.

It’s been a great 2010 boys. If you could please carry on this form in 2011 that would be very nice of you. No pressure like

mazza03

I think we have made it, it was announced on ITV local news at 10pm that we had beaten the Giants and that was our third win over the weekend and 15th in a row. Whoop. whoop. :cool:

drainage

philuk20 said:
drainage said:
is it me or does every team we beat have a reason for being beaten that seems to rely on

we played badly
we were shorthanded
we have too many injuries
we are tired
we played too many games
the ref was rubbish

Very few fans are giving us the credit we deserve - we are outplaying teams at the moment. It would be nice to be given wider credit for some awesome play.

Our run will end and I hope we are big enough to give credit to who ever ends it.

still thats 16 ..... I am happy cause it cant end before next weekend !! so 2010 saw us on a 16 game winning streak ..... I can wait to see what 2011 brings !!
We clapped you off the ice tonight, if that isnt credit I dont know what is. I have no idea tho, must have looked at the score and thought we were the Belfast Devils. :lol:
Thanks and I know some fans are giving us the credit we deserve just a lot more are blaming their team for the losses ...... still I suppose we'd probably do the same if the truth be told !!!

Right now being a Devils fan = happy times but there is still a long way to go and a lot of hockey to be played. Until that larger lady sings nothing is certain !

Another Belfast fan who can appreciate the quality you have on your team. Finished every check, smooth line changes and actually shooting on the pp.

Last night's game should have been and could have been a fantastic display of quality from the top of table but men v boys. Devils wanted it, took it and by gosh deserved it.

Lyle got MoM but it could have been any number of players. I still think he looks shaky at times but your defence know this and are protecting him as if he were the crown jewels and that is making all the difference. Taking nothing away from him he did make some great saves but he is still beatable - it's your defence who aren't. :evil:

TheStub

drainage said:
Thanks and I know some fans are giving us the credit we deserve just a lot more are blaming their team for the losses ...... still I suppose we'd probably do the same if the truth be told !!!

Right now being a Devils fan = happy times but there is still a long way to go and a lot of hockey to be played. Until that larger lady sings nothing is certain !
That's the way it goes though. The majority of fans (in any sport) watch their team, and everything is then seen through that filter.

We quite often do it, especially in previous season. A good defensive system with neutral zone trap and the attacking team look poor and lazy. The attacking team fans see the poor and lazy, but not the lack of passing lanes or the pinch in on the blue lines.

Of course when the coaches fail to make a change in tactics or match ups that really is something to moan about. :lol:

Last night the Giants just couldn't get going. They couldn't find good match ups to keep us quiet, and really struggled to keep hold of the puck. Much like the last time we faced them in Cardiff. I think G and Franny have the measure of the Giants at them moment. We have the talent and actually outcoached them too. Christianson had no answer to our play, and there is no real excuse for that in the O as he gets the last change and can really dictate the match ups.

drainage

TheStub said:
drainage said:

That's the way it goes though. The majority of fans (in any sport) watch their team, and everything is then seen through that filter.

We quite often do it, especially in previous season. A good defensive system with neutral zone trap and the attacking team look poor and lazy. The attacking team fans see the poor and lazy, but not the lack of passing lanes or the pinch in on the blue lines.

Of course when the coaches fail to make a change in tactics or match ups that really is something to moan about. :lol:

Last night the Giants just couldn't get going. They couldn't find good match ups to keep us quiet, and really struggled to keep hold of the puck. Much like the last time we faced them in Cardiff. I think G and Franny have the measure of the Giants at them moment. We have the talent and actually outcoached them too. Christianson had no answer to our play, and there is no real excuse for that in the O as he gets the last change and can really dictate the match ups.
Yea I guess they do .... its been so long since it went this well for us I want everyone to love us :lol: :lol:

But as I said lot of hockey between now and end of season ....... but they cant take away the last 2 months !

osh

steve said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Nargroth said:
Another brilliant win for the hard working boys! The Devils site has the story up already! with a dodgy headline mind...

http://cardiffdevils.com/news/giants-1-4-blaze/
Osh will be pleased ;)
Haha beat me to it!

:D Yes, delighted in fact, and I take all the credit it for it too ! Yesterday morning I was so disappointed with the website report of the Blaze game, I emailed Paul Sullivan and told him that perhaps he could learn from the Inferno and at least post a period by period report, and that the present set up just wasn't good enough imo. Lo and behold, we get a decent 3 period match report! I would say that is more than a coincidence, so fair play, someone has listened and acted accordingly.(Still not as good as Finny's though) ;)

osh

Lucky enough to go to the game last night ( even received corporate hospitality which was excellent) and have to say that the score didn't reflect just how good the team played. Everyone did their job, but I have to say that Craig Weller was in a different league to everyone else. He intimidates by his excellence and was the talk of the after match reception as well. I spoke with a couple of Giants players after the game (sorry didn't like to ask their names, they look so different in regular clothing!) but they agreed that he is a top top player. They were also impressed that he didn't need to resort to any over the top rough stuff ( as his reputation was based on his fighting abilities as well) but he was at the heart of everything and it is clear to see we can actually play a completely different sort of game since he arrived. His team mates have also improved in confidence hugely game by game since his arrival and that augers well for the rest of the season. Thanks to Belfast for their hospitality and to the fans I had a couple of drinks with who were very generous in their praise of the boys. A very complete, all round performance.

Well,what can i say Devils were excellent, and throughly deserved the win (its odd watching another team instead of your own,for txt purposes). Giants were totally outplayed apart from 5 mins in the third but didnt look like scoring then!!

All the goals were well worked apart from the first which was Murphy howler and Lyle was unlucky not to pick up a SO in the O.

As for the Giants dont know whats going on at the moment having struggled for most of the season short benched they seem to be having trouble adjusting to have more players :? .

Anyways well done Cardiff.