Giants v Devils - 28/12 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1
In the Style of Chris (who might be a little hung over / asleep maybe? ) ...

Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this game (we will advise if there is any change to this) and can be reached before/during the game at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils will only be missing Symonds once again.

The Giants roster has been plagued by injury of late but they should have both Brandon “Eggs” Benedict and Mark Garside back in the game. But they will be missing colin hemingway and seeley injured ( we believe ) and Hoffman has unfortunately had to travel home due to family bereavement so will not ice. ( Thanks for the Update GerDevils :D )

Skippy( well me but Chris would say Skippy ) has uploaded a game preview of the game against the Giants, check this out of the front page!

Just incase you've forgotten where that is... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk

The Giants will as always have a web cast running and details can be found here http://www.giantslive.tv/welcome/index

TheStub

Beat me to it. Judging by Chris' facebook updates last night, I'm not sure he will be with us until the weekend, if his liver hasn't failed him.

Bit of bumph from me then (I wrote it, even if Skippy beat me to it, you can just put up with it :p )

TheStub subbing for Chris said:
Coming into tonight, Devils are currently riding high with 2 wins home and home (for our Canadian readers) against the Blaze, one with a shootout win followed by a decisive 5-1 victory at home. This make the Devils 15-0... yes we have won 15 on the bounce. Devils will still have Symmo out, but are carrying some momentum going into one of the toughest buildings in the league - Fortress Odyssey.

The Giants are also playing their third game in 3 nights, having played the Clan home and home. However the Giants only managed to split the points, loosing at home and requiring a third period comeback in Breahead. I think they are starting to get a few guys back from injury, but without checking I think they may be without one Hemingway or other. Still, this is the O and points are hard to come by there.

Let's hope that we can make this the first back to back home losses for the Giants this season. This is after all a 4 point game, with a win for the Devils cementing a 2nd place and closing the increasingly small gap between us and the Giants. Obviously a Giants win would give them a little breathing room over their closest rival for the title at the moment :shock:

Fight :D

Skippy

Thread starter #3
TheStub said:
Beat me to it. Judging by Chris' facebook updates last night, I'm not sure he will be with us until the weekend, if his liver hasn't failed him.
Do you mean this one ? "i eels sock sik, too muchy drniking" ( Sorry Chris :D )

TheStub

skippy said:
TheStub said:
Do you mean this one ? "i eels sock sik, too muchy drniking" ( Sorry Chris :D )
That one needs to win some sort of prize.

Devil2001UK standard :p (Sorry Adam ;) )

Chris

Administrator
So I drag myself off the bedroom floor, crawl to the computer to put a match thread up and I find this barrage of abuse!

But thanks anyway for putting this up :D

I'm alive, but only just...

Chris.

Ger-Devils

Chris said:
So I drag myself off the bedroom floor, crawl to the computer to put a match thread up and I find this barrage of abuse!

But thanks anyway for putting this up :D

I'm alive, but only just...

Chris.
I'm glad you stayed off here last night! You were in a mess leaving the game :D :lol:

Our record at the 'O' is pretty shocking, I said 4 points out of these 3 games would be decent, and we've achieved that. We've got a very good chance, but Giants are very strong at home and are definatley the favourites. We did seem to coast a bit yesterday so hopefully the guys have a lot in the tank, and possibly Belfast a little tired after having to overcome a tough test at Braehead.

Giants have Vipers, then 'Rays next, I think... but from then on I'm pretty sure they've got Panthers 3 times and Sheffield. The league is certainly looking interesting.

drainage

jester said:
I reserve the right to be totally biased ;)
Cant say i blame you ! I am v v v v v nervous about this game ........who'd have thought the following words would have featured in a conversation at end of 2010

devils , top , table , of , giants, clash !!!!!

and there's us not even a top 4 team :lol: :lol:

ASHIPP

drainage said:
jester said:
Cant say i blame you ! I am v v v v v nervous about this game ........who'd have thought the following words would have featured in a conversation at end of 2010

Enough said! Well, almost...

Devils advantage = momentum, confidence, mentallity of 15 wins in a row (including away games). Giants have lost a few. Devils are fit with a full roster, Giants have injuries.
Giants advantage = home ice - very difficult to win at the O. Is Benedict back yet? :?

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
drainage said:
jester said:

Enough said! Well, almost...

Devils advantage = momentum, confidence, mentallity of 15 wins in a row (including away games). Giants have lost a few. Devils are fit with a full roster, Giants have injuries.
Giants advantage = home ice - very difficult to win at the O. Is Benedict back yet? :?
Bennedict played on Sunday but not last night. Not sure whether they didnt want him travelling in case he aggrevated an injury. I expect him to play tongiht.

:twisted:

If there are any Devils fans who want to watch the game tonight, we are having the live stream on at the Pub, Church House Inn, St Brides, Wentloog