Giants v Devils - 09/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates...

TheStub said:
Great game, and great atmosphere in the O brought by the Devils. What a really nice barn they have.

I thought the Devils played well, and the game could have gone either way. To me a 3-2 scoreline would have been fair, but the Giants took their chances to add a couple whilst we were over committed up front trying to beat the clock and the Giants.

Shame we were only rolling 4 D most the night. If we had Symonds in rotation, then the loss of Saywer would be easier to manage. If we can't see him being worth a regular shift, why did we bother signing him?
G dose it ever year to A player so im not surpised

Ger-Devils

Good game overall. We did well until the last 10mins of the 3rd then Giants took control.

Cracking atmosphere with the 70Devils fans there at the game. Think most are still struggling! Well I am!

for me, tonight and for a while now G has been a disapointment, think he should really think about sitting on the bench and doing his job coaching rather than on the ice, apart from that tonights game against a team like belfast in there barn is nothing 2 be ashamed of. hopefully we will show dundee 2night how hockey is played.

will be interesting 2 see what mcsorrow will do 2night! hopefully nothing stupid will start

Shame we were only rolling 4 D most the night. If we had Symonds in rotation, then the loss of Saywer would be easier to manage. If we can't see him being worth a regular shift, why did we bother signing him?

and I did notice after looking at the highlights over and over, that we played Tylor in defence on quite a few occasions. I love tylor as a player, but not to be one of our main defence. Also noticed our main forwards life Pele, Max and finner defending way back at times, pele was behind stevie at one point.

Gazza272

devil99 said:

and I did notice after looking at the highlights over and over, that we played Tylor in defence on quite a few occasions. I love tylor as a player, but not to be one of our main defence. Also noticed our main forwards life Pele, Max and finner defending way back at times, pele was behind stevie at one point.

We only play Tylor on Defence on the powerplay due to his shot. I cant recall him taking a shift there 5 0n 5 last night.

Finny

I also can only remember Tylor playing on D during PP's.

For me, Symo has made quite a few mistakes already this season and he is still a work in progress. Last night would not have been the type of situation to play him IMO.

Rempel16

Tylor definitely played on d for some of our pk's too. Thought it a bit strange at the time. Had a nice wrestling match with smyth in front of stevie during one pk.

Finny

When was that?

When we were 3-on-5 we played 2 forwards and 1 defender to keep the players energetic and close the Giants down. Other than that though I can't remember it happening.

Rempel16

Finny said:
When was that?

When we were 3-on-5 we played 2 forwards and 1 defender to keep the players energetic and close the Giants down. Other than that though I can't remember it happening.
it was in the 2nd period. He did it again in the 3rd and also had a shift on d during a pk tonight

have to be honest and say that all our defence have made mistakes this season already, some of them huge mistakes, richie and G spring to mind, and for me symo hasn't made anymore or any worse mistakes then anyone else. He just seems to pay a higher price. He has played all these teams before over and over for the past 5-6 years, He has the experience but not the trust from above< think he played well against the stars tonight when he's allowed to play.