Giants v Devils - 09/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates...

Ger-Devils

We're all sober at the moment I think! The chicken costume was out on the plane and wore to the hotel by 1 of the boys.

Shall be in the O from 5ish. All meeting there so we will be in place to text!

Finny

devil99 said:
were gonna struggle 2nd & 3rd periods unless G starts using all the D and picks up his own game.
Strange post?

Devils much the better side in the first period, unlucky to be only level due to a bizarre refereeing situation and an unlucky deflection off our own players leg.

Finny

Is there an email address for the Giants TV coverage?
Someone needs them to tell them to stop changing the camera angle every 5 seconds. It's making me sick.

Finny

Gutted.

For 50 minutes we played really well and I felt we deserved at least a point from the game. Then a poor clearance was intercepted, the Giants took the lead and we never really looked like equalising.

not so strange, just seen it happen soo many times, tries to run 2 lines of D against the likes of Belfast and the 3rd period we make mistakes generally through tiredness. It's a damn shame as we outplayed them for a lot of the game.

wildthing74

No shame in losing to the the team with the best budget(IMO),best players and best arena in the league.Did well to hang in there and push them all the way but in the end the quality of the home team was the difference.
Proud of the guys and can see this Giants team being champions.

chris592

Good game from the Devils, but at no point during it could I see them goign onto win. Very well drilled team, just lacked something (not sure what).

Anyway Giants played well, and really took control in the 3rd to finish it off.

That was a great game of hockey and it was wide open going into the third. But I think the Giants found form and looked the better team in the end. Hoffman got a nice rest at the start of the game and the refs were certainly playing their part in the game (nothing compared to Carson in Nottingham by the sounds of it lol).
Pelle looked great and Lyle made some great saves. Smyth and B.Hemingway really stood out for me on the Giants line up and Prudden scored from a difficult angle.

Good result..

1st period was end to end with some decent hockey on show.. 2nd was boring .. 3rd was closely fought game until the Giants put in the 3rd goal. After that we always looked like winning..

I thought Murphy had another good game, as did Gleed, B.Hemmingway, and the new guy who looks very good. His pass for C.Hemmingway at the end was a cracker and his puck control and passes through out the game were top notch.. Hoff had a decent enough game as well.

Pelle, Lyle, Richardson were my picks from the Devils..

philuk20 said:
...and the refs were certainly playing their part in the game (nothing compared to Carson in Nottingham by the sounds of it lol).
Aye, can't do much when a player decides to get kicked out and then throw his stick at the other team's bench! :lol: All fun and games!

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #57
Ah, but that was just one thing in Nottingham ;)

Back on topic though, shame we didn't manage to get a point out of this game, but I guess the result is what I was expecting, although at 2-2 I did hope/think we might get 1 point :(

Chris.

Wannabe2

Playing against the favourites for the league, in there barn, 2 imports down was always going to be a huge struggle, looks like the lads did us proud, and we live to fight another day. Two points tomorrow is a must.

Rempel16

Holl_5 said:
philuk20 said:
...and the refs were certainly playing their part in the game (nothing compared to Carson in Nottingham by the sounds of it lol).
Aye, can't do much when a player decides to get kicked out and then throw his stick at the other team's bench! :lol: All fun and games!
Better than using officials flesh as a snack I guess! And in fairness there's about 9 players on that bench that I want to throw a stick at :lol:

Thought the devils did really well and unfortunately didn't take some of the first period chances that ultimately cost us the game. Was expecting a mauling without the big boys but they did themselves proud. A 3-2 scoreline was about fair in the end and the 2 extra goals in the last 5 mins were down to fatigue. I certainly believe we will go there and win this season.

TheStub

Great game, and great atmosphere in the O brought by the Devils. What a really nice barn they have.

I thought the Devils played well, and the game could have gone either way. To me a 3-2 scoreline would have been fair, but the Giants took their chances to add a couple whilst we were over committed up front trying to beat the clock and the Giants.

Shame we were only rolling 4 D most the night. If we had Symonds in rotation, then the loss of Saywer would be easier to manage. If we can't see him being worth a regular shift, why did we bother signing him?