Giants v Devils - 09/10 - 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates...

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be the man in charge, and as always can be reached before/during the game for predictions or general comments on matchnightlive@gmail.com

However we are looking for a couple more texters, I know Ger-Devils posted something up on the other travel thread for this game that he was happy to help, but are there any others going who'd be willing to help us out? If so please PM Nott Simpson :)

Devils are going to be without Voth and Sawyer for this game, Voth through injury and Sawyer through suspension so we really need to hope our defense tightens up somewhat for this game and our forwards continue to score!

Giants are without Mason and Benedict, how much that will affect them though i'm not sure, they have a roster stacked with quality players...

Chris.

Ger-Devils

There's 62 going in total so plenty of texters who would help I'm sure!

James/Skippy would help but would be good to get some more on board. Ok, we maybe a tad drunk but what do you expect on an away trip........ :D

We did miss Eggs and Mason against the Panfa's, but still ground out a win. DC in his latest article on the Giants website states he is looking to bring in a new player as cover. Would be suprised if this is in time for the weekend though, but it depends how long he's been working on it. The Giants dont generally release players names etc until they are able to "turn up and play".

TBH as you guys are missing two anyway, it evens it out.

Looking forward to a good game. "high up glove side" ;)

Skippy

Ger-Devils said:
James/Skippy would help but would be good to get some more on board. Ok, we maybe a tad drunk but what do you expect on an away trip........ :D
I'm sure that I can send the odd very biased text.

TheStub

I'll be available to throw a few choice pieces of color in too.

Hopefully this cold will have gone by Saturday or I'll be high as a kite on cold remedy.

Rempel16

jester said:
We did miss Mason
I have to say, Mason is the worst import that I have seen from this years new batch. Kept coughing the puck up stifling Belfast's offence, couldn't defend either. Our players seemed to pick up on him being the weak link as we attacked him at every opportunity and played far more aggressively at him when he was in possession too - Tylor in particular seemed to go for him more than the better d-men.

Walton was far more composed and if I were DC I'd gas Mason and bring in a better d-man, moving Hoffman up top permanently and running with 4 import D.

Easily the Giants cheapest import this season.

Ger-Devils

Looks very good but we will be ok Sat!

No, I haven't touched any beer today! Just think we will be fine. Stay out of the box and work to our strengths

DevilDom

:shock: It must be all the extra money the Giants made from the Bruins game!

Great stats and should seal the league for them if he lives up to them.

Will he be here in time for Saturday's game?

Ger-Devils

DevilDom said:
:shock: It must be all the extra money the Giants made from the Bruins game!

Great stats and should seal the league for them if he lives up to them.

Will he be here in time for Saturday's game?
Did they make much? Must have cost a large sum to bring the Bruins over

Finny

Looking at the figures that were in the original proposal, the Giants would have done well to just break even unless they had a lot of additional sponsorship they weren't expecting.

ASHIPP

Finny said:
And things ain't getting any easier. Belfast have just signed Brad Smyth:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=3729

Possibly the best stats I've ever seen of a guy whose signed over here. The only positive is that he is 37 and presumably past his best.

Doh.
OMG - he's like a good wine, gets better with age! ;) If the Giants were ever in doubt that the league championship is theirs, I think they can sleep soundly now. Smyth has more than covered Benedict's injury. :cool:

wildthing74

Oh dear this guy looks the real deal.Serious pedigree there.Wonder if that tool J.B still has us as favourites for the league title?
The best just got better if you ask me.Only good thing at least in wont be the Panthers again.How many hundred years they been waiting to win it?