Gerad Adams, Live!

The one thing I just noticed when I read through the script again was the comment on Max which said "We have talked, mainly as freinds, but talks have started and we will stay in touch".
Its obvious with Max in town that they were going to talk, but that sounded a little stronger than that. I am sure he will get similar offers to Sly and Elich and will stay in Europe, but it sounds like we would take him if we could sort it out.
Max doing the checking and the work in the corners, with Prpich and a top points scorer would be fine by me.

Because they would rather go somewhere were they can get full ice time on a roster and develop their game which is something that most young brits can't get in the eihl. Its the same all over the UK, as far as im aware we seem to be the only team in the UK to give the young players a chance in the first place.

Gazza272 said:
No thats the second thing, the first thing is ah [beep] i'm still to close to coventry
Almost Gaz, I wake up and think how grateful I am to live in one of the nicest towns in the UK but near enough to Coventry to be able to watch a championship winning team ;)

And why bring money into some friendly banter Wannabe? My charity would be the Devils anyway ... I cringe everytime I hear the whinging about nearly signing a player but then not being able to compete for money. You are turning into the Newcastle Vipers :lol:

Finny

J.B said:
Almost Gaz, I wake up and think how grateful I am to live in one of the nicest towns in the UK but near enough to Coventry to be able to watch a championship winning team ;)
You don't live in Cardiff though??
And there if there are any nice towns in the Midlands, it must be very well hidden for the rest of us not to know.

J.B said:
You are turning into the Newcastle Vipers :lol:
And your turning into a pain in the arse ;)
OT:
Seriously though, we Devils fans are tolerable guys and gals, so yeah, be a part of the forum, add comment, but constructive ones only please. Tolerable guys and gals we are, but there's a difference of having opinion and trying to get our backs up.

Finny said:
And there if there are any nice towns in the Midlands, it must be very well hidden for the rest of us not to know.
We do our best to keep the riff-raff out ... nice to know it is working :roll:

ASHIPP

J.B said:
J.B. I'm impressed with your knowledge of HISTORY! 'Championship winning team'? That was 2 years ago (and with a different roster) :lol:

Gazza272

J.B said:
Gazza272 said:
No thats the second thing, the first thing is ah [beep] i'm still to close to coventry

And why bring money into some friendly banter Wannabe? My charity would be the Devils anyway ... I cringe everytime I hear the whinging about nearly signing a player but then not being able to compete for money. You are turning into the Newcastle Vipers :lol:

Yeah but even i wake up and think 'ah [beep] i live to close to coventry and your closer than me so it must be worse ;) :roll:

anyways brief summary of the webchat posted in the Echo today. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice ... -23692961/

nmase20 said:
as far as im aware we seem to be the only team in the UK to give the young players a chance in the first place.
Are you having a wack attack? Open your eyes and have a look at some other teams.

Finny said:
J.B said:
You don't live in Cardiff though??
Watch it Finny your stepping on thin ice there, thankfully though I wasn't born anywhere near that god forsaken hole called Coventry :lol:

J.B said:
Sounds like Gerad might have over-spent getting players like Voth and Lapulippe back and is now struggling to sign the geniune 1st line forwards :roll: ;)
J.B you really are a plonker and it sounds nothing like you suggest. If he had over spent on the players that you suggest how come he was able to put out an offer to Campbell that was the most to any player since he had been at Cardiff having already signed these two players? (And I surely know who I believe, and it isn't you pal :lol:
Incidentally apart from last season I'am aware of who was the highest paid player since G has been there which I doubt was bettered last season.
On to Sly, well best of luck to the guy. He was made an offer last season which he turned down and eventually ended up signing for Coventry for less :roll: That's his entitlement just like any other hockey player. As G fully knows the closer a new season gets, players without contracts suddenly lower their demands. It's certainly not an easy profession to be in by any means.

Finny said:
Maybe they meant Wolverhampton Wanderers? :shock:
They're only championship winning because they're full of Welsh players ;)
Welshy74 said:
frank said:
Why are we unable to keep our young talents like nicky lewis, alex simons and now ben davies ???
Where has Ben gone then????
The webcast thing said he was looking at either staying with the Devils, going to the EPL or going to North America. Thats hardly losing a young talent, if he decides to go to the EPL it would be because he wants to get lots of ice time and develop and get stronger, not because he doesn't want to play for the Devils. I'm sure if he went to the EPL when he was ready to come back to the Elite League he would come back to the Devils. He's 18 he's got plenty of time! And its the same for if he wants to go to North America, why shouldn't he try his luck over there? Most of the best British youngsters go over there. Like Martin Clarkson and Adam Harding both from South Wales are over there now. They're going to get more opportunites over there than here, and if they don't get anywhere they'll come back probably better players anyway.

Also Nicky Lewis moved to Canada didn't he? Alex Symonds went to the EPL not another Elite League team. Its like Premiership teams sending out young players on loan to a Championship team for a year without having to sell them, to give them experience, a chance to get stronger and fit and show what they can do at that level. Don't know if Gerad Adams rated Symonds though, but I thought he was alright.

osh

Wannabe2 said:
J.B said:
Offered ... as he did to Campbell, Teplitsky, Elich, Owen, Smith and Deschatelets. Anyone else see a theme emerging here :shock: You can offer all the money you want but players generally want the chance to win trophies ....
Okay DONKEY BRAIN or son of PAYETTE, Campbell was offered a great deal but took a even bigger offer as did Neil Martin from you lot. Tysons decision was basically made up for him by his other half, Elich well he may be here and he may not, Owen we never wanted him anyway, Smith we would take Mark but only at a price as he wont win games on his own, and as for Sly well we didnt offer him a contract last season, so why would we this season at a much higher rate. Lastly my very good friend i will offer you a very very good bet, and this is it.
I will give £200 to the charity of your choice, if the Blaze finish higher than the Devils in this coming season, and vise versa when we finish higher than you guys.
So there we are MR HIGH AND MIGHTY, take up the challenge or s--t t-- f--- u-.
Wannabe2, surprised the mods allow posts like yours to stay on the forum. You have the uncanny knack of letting yourself get too emotionally involved when someone doesn't agree with your way of thinkning. Your point could have been in a less aggressive manner.Your suggested language should not be allowed on a forum such as as ours, you could easily have pm'd JB and made your bet accordingly. Your comment to JB i.e MR HIGH AND MIGHTY ' should really apply to yourself. Await your next gushing poem !!

Diego said:
nmase20 said:
as far as im aware we seem to be the only team in the UK to give the young players a chance in the first place.
Are you having a wack attack? Open your eyes and have a look at some other teams.
if you actually read what it says you'll see that it says AS FAR AS IM AWARE, i dont look that greatly into other teams players but i've never really noticed many young british players. If im wrong then im wrong. I didn't say we ARE the only team in the UK to give young players a chance so your statement is slightly OTT.

The use of bad language wont be accepted (even when the rest of the word is blanked out), as hockey is a family sport and we have many members of all age ranges.

Any further breeches of this and your post WILL be deleted!

Kind regards
Richard

Wannabe2

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
J.B said:
Offered ... as he did to Campbell, Teplitsky, Elich, Owen, Smith and Deschatelets. Anyone else see a theme emerging here :shock: You can offer all the money you want but players generally want the chance to win trophies ....
Okay DONKEY BRAIN or son of PAYETTE, Campbell was offered a great deal but took a even bigger offer as did Neil Martin from you lot. Tysons decision was basically made up for him by his other half, Elich well he may be here and he may not, Owen we never wanted him anyway, Smith we would take Mark but only at a price as he wont win games on his own, and as for Sly well we didnt offer him a contract last season, so why would we this season at a much higher rate. Lastly my very good friend i will offer you a very very good bet, and this is it.
I will give £200 to the charity of your choice, if the Blaze finish higher than the Devils in this coming season, and vise versa when we finish higher than you guys.
So there we are MR HIGH AND MIGHTY, take up the challenge or s--t t-- f--- u-.
Wannabe2, surprised the mods allow posts like yours to stay on the forum. You have the uncanny knack of letting yourself get too emotionally involved when someone doesn't agree with your way of thinkning. Your point could have been in a less aggressive manner.Your suggested language should not be allowed on a forum such as as ours, you could easily have pm'd JB and made your bet accordingly. Your comment to JB i.e MR HIGH AND MIGHTY ' should really apply to yourself. Await your next gushing poem !!
Okay i apologise unreservely, i did go over the top, and for that i am sorry, the reference to high and mighty was really mentioned because thats who used to sponsor the blaze, so there we are JB i apologise. Sorry its not a gushing poem.

Gazza272

Diego said:
nmase20 said:

While i think around the UK there are many doing their best, i would say in the EIHL Cardiff and Newcastle are the two strongest in bringing on EIHL standard british players.