Gerad Adams, Live!

Slartibartfast

Re: Gerad Adams, Live! - Help

Can any of the computer whizzes out there help me. Whenever I click on a Devils new story, it only shows me the first line. For example. When I click on the 'Gerad Live Story' all I can read is :-

"Cardiff Devils Head Coach Gerad Adams will answer fans questions on Wales Online This Friday from 1-2pm"

However, if I click on the links that you guys kindly post on the forum then I can see the whole story.

So going into the Devils website through the normal way it doesnt work but going in via the inferno links it does. Its weird. I have used the site for years but this has only been happening for a couple of months.

I had the same problem. I would access the Devils site via my favourites. All i did was to search for Devils site once again thru google then saved to my favourites and deleted existing favourite, Hope that makes sense!

James

Administrator
for the sake of spatzy

1:01
[Comment From Daniella]
Afternoon G! I hope that you don’t take this question the wrong way as I’m a supporter of you as a coach and I admired the way the team battled through injuries last year…but; although we have a small home ice pad both Belfast and Coventry have come down to Cardiff over the last couple of years and have played successful (and entertaining!) puck possession games. In hindsight, do you think that our team last year was too much geared towards a ‘blue collar’, dump and chase style game? Is this a balance issue that you’ll be looking to address this off-season? In my opinion (for what it’s worth!) we became a better proposition after signing Matt Elich as we finally had a forward who was effective at carrying the puck through the neutral zone and hitting the offensive zone at speed. Thanks for your time.
1:03
Gerad Adams: Hi Daniella, Yes we were to one dimensional last season with our over aggressive physical play. This year the team is geared more towards puck possession (that's a good choice of words). The signigs so far show we are going to control the neutral zone and try to attack by skating instead of dumping and we will score more gals this year.
[Comment From Ger- Devils]
Are we close to signing anymore players within the next week or so?
Gerad Adams: Hi Ger-Devils, No. I would not expect anything until the end of the month. Tough going right now and prices of players are just starting to drop. I do, though, have four offers out to players right now.
What do you think of Andrew Sharp?
1:04
Gerad Adams: I think he's an absolute punching bag.
1:04
[Comment From AJ]
There were mixed views on the signing of Stevie Lyle, especially after the solid season that Peter Aubry had.. What was the reasoning behind this signing, and how do you think it will benefit us?
1:05
Gerad Adams: Personally I think Stevie is a very good goalie. He was up for netminder of the year in our League. The reasonign is to get the extra import on offence.
1:05
[Comment From wannabe2]
Gerad congrats on the signings so far, things are looking very good indeed, great move to get Richardson back, will he play in D.will we be adding any more toughness to the team to go with yourself Brad and Prps. And how are the family. HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
1:06
Gerad Adams: Hi Wannabe2,
Richie is brought in to be a skating puck moving D-man. He will improve as the year goes on. I intend spending a lot of time with him to improve his game. He wants to improve as a defenceman first and then the offence will come. He will be one of the best signings of the year throughout the league.
1:06
[Comment From Mike]
It's great to see Stevie Lyle back, but isn't that a risk? The signing is a really positive move as long as he stays fit because you can have 10 import skaters. If he does miss matches then who would go in goal? You could not bring in an import replacement.
1:07
Gerad Adams: PS The family are fine.
1:08
Gerad Adams: Hi Mike,
Please stay with me. We are going to announce our back-up goalie situation by the end of next week and I believe everybody will be happy with what is going to happen. We have Dozz (Dorian Smith) who will be one of three.
Injuries are always going to be a gamble and please don't say that word again.
1:08
[Comment From BAD DEVIL]
Hi G, Are we going to have an enforcer this season to help the Voth?
1:09
Gerad Adams: Hi Bad Devil,
This year we are going with a team toughness aspect. We have Mike Prpich, myself, Wes Jarvis and Mike Hartwick who are more than willing to stand up. To bring in a pure enforcer would take away from our more offensive style tis year.
Any news on Elich re-signing? He brought a different dimension to our game towards the playoff charge
Gerad Adams: Hi Ger,
Matt is another player whose price has gone up. I have spoken to Matt through e-mail and he is also looking at mainland Europe.
[Comment From Aled]
Hi G! Can you give us an idea of the make-up of the teams' imports this season? Are you going with 3 import D and 7 forwards or 4 and 6? Cheers!
1:10
Gerad Adams: Bugger! I was hoping to delay this question. Honestly, for a long time I have had a plan of ging with seven import forwards and three import D.
1:10
Did you enjoy the Oasis gig a few months back?
1:11
Gerad Adams: I loved it. I hope I get to go see them again. Where you theuyb who poured a beer on me?
1:11
[Comment From Annie Shipp]
Gerad, congratulations on your success with signings - it's really exciting seeing the roster unfold for next season. With news from the Elite League of the reduction in the number of teams and other announcements expected for next season, just wondering what your take was on potential changed format to the Cup qualifyers and a new proposed early Autumn cup? All the best and enjoy the rest of the Summer with the family...and the latest addition to the Adams household!
1:12
Haha no I was standing near you when all the drink was being thrown! I was soaked aswell!
Gerad Adams: I think it's exciting to see potential changes. The League got a little stagnant maybe with its structure over the last couple of years. As for fewer teams it's great that we get Sheffield one more time in our rink.
[Comment From TheStub]
As a fan who lives away - what plans are there to make the Devils more available remotely. It would be nice to be able to see the Devils without having to suffer a trip to Hull.
1:13
Gerad Adams: WE have started up a Devils TV. We are working hard on that. Unfortunately I am not the man to talk to about that, but plans are being talked through. Why are you going to Hull anyway?
1:13
[Comment From Steve]
G, Mark Richardson used to play for Cardiff Devils as a forward. He's rejoining Cardiff for next season as a defenceman. I know Nottingham Panthers wanted him back. He did pretty well as a forward - how good is he on D.
1:14
Gerad Adams: Hi Steve,
I believe he is one of premier British D-men. With only half a eason under his belt he is already that good and he will improve.
Same question but about Tyson? Convinced him to play 1 more year?
Gerad Adams: We threw everything at Tyson and he said no.
[Comment From nmase20]
Hi G, the signings so far are great in my opinion, is there anyone that played in the elite league last season that you've got your eye on or is it all fresh faces?
1:16
Gerad Adams: As of right now it's all new fresh faces. We had the strongest offer thrown towards a player since I have been coach and that was for Peter Campbell who was at Belfast two seasons ago. We were 95 per cent along the way, but missed out because of the state of the pound compared to the dollar.
1:16
[Comment From Jas]
Phil Hill was an outstanding success for the Devils last season. I feared other Elite League clubs would try to take him away, but he's staying and that's great news. What was the difference for Phil, who made the lead from solid British player to one of the best last season.
1:17
Gerad Adams: I think confidence and understanding of how strong he is. He is the hardest working player off the ice and the situation of playing with Brad Voth and Jay Latulippe brought out the best in him.
The confidence both the organisation and I had in Phil also helped.
1:17
[Comment From Luke Spadtz]
Hi G, I love you man!! The Hit you put on Rushton, was immense. Is Chris Macallister someone how would fit into your plans for this year?
1:18
Gerad Adams: Thanks Luke. I remember the hit well.
As of right now, no. With Wes and Mike we have enough size at the back. With the third import D-man we are going with a smooth skating D-man who can move the puck.
Chris McAllister's wages would be pretty high as well.
1:18
G - do you have players in your sights from Europe as well as North America? With Wes and Mike already taking courses at UWIC, will it be be more difficult to attract young upcoming talent to the Devils?
1:19
Gerad Adams: Hi Annie, Wes and Mike are both studying at Cardiff Busines sSchool, not Uwic. Just in case they are looking at this.
1:19
[Comment From Steph]
Will Maciver or Teplitsky be returning?
1:20
Gerad Adams: All the players we are looking at from North American. We do check out Europe and the school packages we have are a great bargaining tool.
[Comment From TheStub]
I live in Scunthorpe - so 30 minutes from Hull. It is usually me and Matt Towe's parents in the away block lol
Gerad Adams: AS of right now neither of them.
Gerad Adams: Thanks Stub. I understand now. See you there next season.
[Comment From devil fan]
is silverthorne returning for another year?
Gerad Adams: No, Silver will not be returning.
[Comment From Mark]
Hi G
1:21
Gerad Adams: Hi Mark. Any question?
[Comment From Tony W]
Hi Gerad, What's the club's current relationship with the Juniors? There was talk of a merger.
Gerad Adams: The relationship is the best it's been in years. I understand a decision will be made later in the summer - and I hope there is a merger.
[Comment From Mark]
Hi G, having been a part of the Sheffield organisation, do you just take the some aspects of the rivalary with a pinch of salt or does it get your back up?
1:23
Gerad Adams: I genuinely don't like some of the people in their organisation and the way they go aout things.
G - is there any new information with regard to the development of a new ice arena at the Bay....or upgrade of our current Home in the near future?
Gerad Adams: Thanks Annie,
My understanding is that great improvements will be made and it's just a matter of the powers that be aking a decision.
1:24
[Comment From alex]
G do you intend to spend up to the maximum limit of the wage cap?
Gerad Adams: Hi Alex,
Absolutely.
[Comment From Steph]
Are there any more players from last season who you are looking to sign?
1:25
Gerad Adams: Thanks Steph,
No. I am talking to more than one of last seasons players, including Tyson T and Matt Elich, but as of right now it's a no.
1:25
[Comment From Jnr Devil]
What's your opinion of the standard of young hockey players coming through the junior system. Very few seem to make the grade so how to they compare the North American prospects?
1:26
Gerad Adams: I think the standards have greatly improved since I first had involvement with the juniors five years ago. It's just numbers. Think how many players who play in North America and how many make it. It's a per centage game.
1:26
[Comment From Iceraider]
Hi G, you have put together a great core of players so far. With the falling pound what sort of level of import can we expect next year throughout the league? Will it be more CHL level again or will the collapse of a few ECHL teams mean that the standard of import in the EIHL might rise slightly on last year?
1:27
Gerad Adams: There is no question the strength of the pound is hurting our League. Each team is tring to put the best product on the ice including us. It just makes it more chalenging for coaches.
I believe the Leaue will be more skilled this year and I am happy with the recruiting I have done so far.
1:27
[Comment From levi]
Nathan Rempel has been outstanding for Peterborough in the English Premier League. He put up a lot of points and Peterborough won just about everything in the EPL. Would you consider brings Remps back to Cardiff?
1:28
Gerad Adams: Hi Levi,
Remps has made a career move where he makes a very good wage playing in that League and he's very happy. No he won't be coming back.
1:28
[Comment From nmase20]
Whats happening with Ben Davies, theres been mention of him in the papers but i nothing so far in terms of signing.
1:29
Gerad Adams: Ben is trying to decide what he wants to do with his hockey career whether that is play in the EPL, play for the Devils or go to North America. The organisation is trying to help Ben in every way we can. We would love to see him back in the team.
1:29
G, have the Devils thought of a joint season ticket pack with the bluebirds? Alot of city fans go down the rink and maybe worth an idea?
1:30
Gerad Adams: Sounds a reasonable idea. I'll put it to Matt Burge when I get back to the office.
1:30
[Comment From Stanley]
With the closer links between the Devils and the Juniors are there any plans to have specific training sessions for junior offense and defense players with the Devils
1:32
Gerad Adams: It's something being looked at. Brent Pope is doing a fantastic job with the juniors. I will have a chat with him to see if that might work out. A couple of the juniors are stepping up again. Corey Watkins and Steve Fisher have signed two-way deals with the Devils English National League and Elite teams.
I offer offence and defence tips on my hockey school which starts this weekend. Wes Jarvis and Mike Hartwick are working with me over the five days of the school .
1:32
[Comment From Aled]
A number of last year's players commented how well they were treated by the club. (Perhaps in contrast to the situation under the previous ownership)Has this made a difference to you this year when approaching new players?
1:33
Gerad Adams: Thanks Aled,
You are right, it has. That comes down to Matt and Flaur Burge and everybody who works at the club. The front office is important to us and they all did a great job last year, which makes my job easier.
[Comment From Daniella]
What is your honest take on the play-offs G? There were rumours some players were ill, but we just looked completely devoid of confidence on the ice.
[Comment From Mark]
Not related directly to the Devils, but from a professional players perspective, how does one handle the potential moving teams season after season and facing former colleagues/friends on ice especially if rough stuff takes place?
1:34
Gerad Adams: Hi Daniella,
Maybe they were mentally off-key. As for the confidence thing everybody tried, but in a one-off game if you are not spot on it will show up. We have learned the lesson and it will be corrected.
1:35
Gerad Adams: Professional is the word. You go about your business and when you are paid to do a job you have to get on with it. Noody likes losing to their friends.
1:35
[Comment From James]
Have you spoken to Mr Birbraer since he has been in Cardiff on holiday
1:36
Gerad Adams: Yes, I have. Mainly as a friend. He's on the mend from operations. Talks have started and we will stay in touch.
1:36
[Comment From alex]
with 4 import slots left,what type of players are you looking to sign.1-puck moving d man 2 and 3 being 1st line scorers? and the 4th being a 3rd liner?
1:37
Gerad Adams: First line guys are going to be highly skilled scoring players. Third line is going to be a good all-round player and the D-man is going to be a skating, puck moving defenceman.
1:37
[Comment From Tony W]
How upset were you and the club over the fiasco with Voth's ban last season? There does appear to be different rules for different clubs.
1:38
Gerad Adams: Thanks Tony,
I am still not happy about what happened. It was a farce, the whole thing. The League has taken measures to ensure it won't happen again - unless it's Brad Voth of course.
1:38
Hi G - having signed the very talented young Jamie Hayes full time to the Devils' roster, would it be your intention to give Steve Fisher or another of the ENL players some senior experience in the latter stages of the season like last year?
1:39
Gerad Adams: Jamie is going to eb a great apprentice for us. He is where Phil Hill was a couple of years ago.There are good things to come from Jamie in the future.
Both Steve Fisher and Corey Watkins will see ice time at some stage. The key to our roster will be our depth.
[Comment From Devil Dawg]
Hi G, Who do you fancy for the Stanley Cup this year?
[Comment From Devil Dawg]
Also.....what's your NHL team and Fav player as a youngster?

James

Administrator
as I hit the limit on the post size ... part 2 :)

1:40
Gerad Adams: Hi Devil Dawg,
I fancy Detroit to win.
Favourite NHL team growing up was Calgary Flames. Scott Stevens was my favourite play at New Jersey. He's a mean man.
1:40
[Comment From Daniella]
Where do you see yourself playing position-wise next season G?
1:41
Gerad Adams: I wil be rotating from third line left winger to defence. Wherever coach Francis feels he should play me!
1:41
Hi again G, Fulton had an unlucky start to say the least, Is he someone you would look at possibly bringing back into the fold for this year?
1:42
Gerad Adams: No. We can't take gambles with injured players. We've had too many injuries over the last couple of of seasons.
1:42
[Comment From wannabe2]
how much do you take on board the opinions of devils players when recommending players, how much can you trust a agent about players talents
1:43
Gerad Adams: I take a players word more than an agents word. Recruiting is not all about stats. It's also about what kind of people they are. Will they work towards the team goal?
1:43
[Comment From Tony W]
Money no option, what British player would you sign, and most admire?
1:44
Gerad Adams: Stevie Lyle. And we have him.
I most admire Steve Moria, still playing at 80-years-old. He's with Basingstoke as player-coach for next season.
[Comment From Jon]
Hi G - have you been in contact with Mark Smith for this coming season??
Gerad Adams: Hi Jon,
I was. Mark Smith is unfortunately priced out of our League.
[Comment From Scotty]
Hi G! Is there any news on Elich or Tyson yet?
1:45
Gerad Adams: As I said earlier I am in touch with both. At the moment, though, it's a no. I will stay in touch with them.
1:45
[Comment From wannabe2]
How soon would you like to have the squad signed, and is there a bit of not wanting the opposition to know whats happening too soon
1:46
Gerad Adams: We have the best start on recruiting out of any team in the League and I am excited about where we are at. We can sit back and get the price for the best possible players.
1:46
[Comment From Clever Trevor]
Hi G, You think a reduction of imports would be a good thing for the sport in this country? More home grown players? Less money spent on expensive imports? What's your view
1:47
Gerad Adams: Hi Clever Trevor,
It's a gradual thing - finding the balance. If you spend les on imports you have to spend more on Brits. In Cardiff we have one of the strongest junior programmes and there are talented youngsters on the horizon I have my eyes on.
1:47
[Comment From Finny]
Do you know of any plans for new teams to join the EIHL over the coming seasons?
1:48
Gerad Adams: Hi Finny,
We hope to have more. I know there are areas all over the UK being looked at by the League. More teams the better in the future, I agree.
1:48
[Comment From Stan C]
With Sly Deschatelets apparently not returning to Blaze, would you consider having him back?
1:49
Gerad Adams: I was in contact with Sly and unfortunately his asking price was too high. He told me he has job offers in mainland Europe heis looking at. I gave him a good reference for a team in Germany.
[Comment From Jonny]
Is Taffy coming back?
Gerad Adams: Mackie is far and away the best trainer in the League. He's not going anywhere.
Franny's return as a bench coach was a great move for next season! Is Franny intending to develop as an assistant coach involved in training as well or will he be your 'tactics' man on match nights?
1:50
Gerad Adams: I believe the most important tool of a coach is communication and Franny has great communication skills. He will help me get our points across to the players with greater ease and understanding.
1:51
[Comment From Finny]
Is it your decision what (if any) pre-season games we will play?
Gerad Adams: E-mail Shannon@cardiffdevils.com
We are looking at several different possibilities.
[Comment From Gazza]
how you finding juggling the responsibilities of been a coach and been a new daddy lol
1:52
Gerad Adams: Hi Gazza,
The baby perfect and my coaching needs a lot of work! I am enjoying both roles.
1:52
[Comment From BAD DEVIL]
Hi G, are you using Blaisdel and Courtney as scouts like last season, if so have you had any good leads from them?
1:53
Gerad Adams: I have been in contact with both. One, Ed Courtenay, has come through with a defenceman. I will continue to be in contact with them.
1:53
[Comment From Jonny]
In your career is there any player who really scared you?
1:54
Gerad Adams: Hello Jonny,
About nine years ago in North America I played against a guy named Frank 'The Animal' Biawulous (I think). He scared me so bad I had a three second shift and got off the ice.
1:54
[Comment From Jon]
Hi G, If you could've dropped the gloves with any player in the league last year, without the worry of penalty minutes in, who would it be?
1:55
Gerad Adams: Ryan Finnerty. I hope he signs somewhere in the League next season.
[Comment From nmase20]
whats your opinion of coventrys new netminder hirsh?
Gerad Adams: He has a great resume. I am not sure how he will react when Brad V runs him.
Heyyy G, Was wondering/hoping you wanna go out for a beer sometime? no? ok. How hard do the guys train through-out the week and what sort of cv work would you do? and how strict is the diet during the season?
1:57
Gerad Adams: Some guys work harder than others. There will be fitness criteria for guys when they come in at the start of the year and fitness classes put in place to prevent lower body injuries. As for diet, I can't be with the guys all the time.
It's up to them to be professional.
1:57
[Comment From Stan C]
Who would you say is the best player you've played with / against?
1:58
Gerad Adams: Hi Stan,
That's a tough one. One of the best I played with at Cardiff was Reggie Stringer.
Neal Martin is always a tough opponent.
1:58
[Comment From Scotty]
How long do you see yourself, coaching the devils for?
1:59
Gerad Adams: Hi Scotty,
Until I win the League title and the play-offs. Even then I may well stay.
1:59
[Comment From alex]
out of all the eihl coaches who do you respect the most?
2:00
Gerad Adams: Paul Thompson and Dave Matsos, but to be fair they are all pretty good.
[Comment From sharona]
as a canadian playing away from home, dont you miss family like parents. and are your parents proud of you
Gerad Adams: I miss my parents and family back home, but this is where my job has taken me. I really enjoy living in Cardiff.
[Comment From Guest]
G since its getting nearer the end are you going to do some extra sessions with Prps to teach him where the offside line is, after the other night ;-)
2:01
Gerad Adams: That's from Learn to Play rec hockey. I remember. Simple is as simple does.
2:01
[Comment From Scotty]
Do you think that Cardiff have a greater attraction to players instead of other elite teams because of the place itself?
2:02
Gerad Adams: Scotty,
Of course. I believe this is the best city in Elite League to play. It's a great place to play and we do try to sell it to players that way.
2:02
[Comment From Jon]
are there any plans for a pre season tour G?
2:03
Gerad Adams: E-mail shannon@cardiffdevils.com
Right now time is running out on organisig anything. We are really looking to put in place a pre-season trip for season 2010-11.
2:03
[Comment From Scotty]
Who do you feel is your most important signing to date for the 09/10 season?
2:04
Gerad Adams: Neil Francis. He's going to help so much with evetybody playing our team systems and getting the results we want.
2:05
Gerad Adams: Thanks guys, signing off now. See you at the Cardiff Bay Arena for the start of the new season. Thanks for your time and continued interest. G