Gerad Adams, Live!

Finny

Well I must say I thought that was excellent. G was far more honest (and humourus at times!) than I thought he would be. I think we've all learnt a lot more regarding where the team building is at the moment, the type of players we have been trying to sign - and the type of team G hopes to have built ready for the start of the season.

Big thumbs up to G, Terry Phillips and all at ICWales.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #23
What Finny said, even if my questions weren't posted!

Next time they need to make it 2 hours :)

Sounds like we made enquires about Smith and Sly, but they're too expensive for us :(

Chris.

Wannabe2

Well that was a great success, with some great questions. If anyone has a spare minute could they E Mail Wales Online to thank them for a great service, lets try to make this thing a regular occurence

A lot of positives from the chat, but I can’t help feel a bit disappointed that Sly definitely won’t be returning – although it sounds like he did enquire about him (my questions were Stan C by the way)

Probably the biggest disappointment was that Ben Davies might not return – firstly, G said he didn’t think we’d be signing any more of last years team, and then when directly asked about Ben, he mentioned EPL or North America.

My question didn’t get through in time at the end which was the aims for next season. I’m sure he would have said to win as many games as possible and a trophy, but I wonder if realistically G, Matt and co would be happy with top 4 and build for a real title challenge in 2010/11?

Interesting read anyway and answered a lot of questions that most of us were wondering. Pity the Elite League didn’t do something similar – imagine the amount of questions they’d get!

By the way - who's Reggie Stringer - I tried looking for him in the hockeydb - but it only has him down as playing 4 games for us and nothing after? It was G's reply when I asked who's the best player he's played with / against.

Rempel16

Reggie was a quality player. Got recommended as a friend of Regan Darby, and scored the winning penalty shot in our cc cup win against the Blaze.

One of the best passers in a Devils jersey in recent times.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #27
He came in towards the end of the 05/06 season just in time for the finals of the challenge cup games.

I think Regan Darby knew him from North America, and coach Ed Patterson brought him over...

It was his bouncy penalty shot that won us the Challenge Cup that season, along with Rempels hat-trick of course :p

Chris.

TheStub

Reggie won us the challenge cup in the 2005/06 season. Well, he scored the winning penalty after Remps scored the equaliser with nano-seconds remaining. :D :D

Still brings a huge grin to my face.

He had retired that season, and was brought over to add some extra fire power for the final run. He then came back for the play offs.

An amazing player, and I doubt we could have afforded him if we actually had to pay him. I remember in an interview him saying those were his last pro matches, if he valued his marriage :lol:

ASHIPP

That was great although I think G was snowed under with questions! Chris is right - a 2 hour session would be good next time!
G was pretty straight about the recruiting drive - we now know precisely the type of players he is looking for (and might even be new to the League), what the format of the roster will be, how he sees his and Franny's roles.

I am not suprised that the value of the £ has made life difficult. Neither am I suprised that certain players are probably out of the price range. It's great to know that G has been talking to many quality players - just gutting that Tyson and Matt (Elich) as yet can't be persuaded. Ben Davies certainly has a big choice to make after his 'A' Levels and nice to know G is supporting him whatever he decides.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I got the impression G didn't rule out Chris McAllister completely. He didn't say no or yes , just that he would come at a cost.
CM would certainly fit the 'puck moving, good skater' that G envisages in his d unit.
At the same time, G feels confident that there is already enough toughness on the team with those players already signed.

Wannabe2

Sorry but Macallister wouldnt fit the puck carrying offence that we will need this season, we will be desperate to sign a free flowing smooth skating Tyson clone, and in my view Mac doesnt fit that bill. If we needed toughness and a D man to clear the crease then as you say Mac would be a grteat signing.

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Sorry but Macallister wouldnt fit the puck carrying offence that we will need this season, we will be desperate to sign a free flowing smooth skating Tyson clone, and in my view Mac doesnt fit that bill. If we needed toughness and a D man to clear the crease then as you say Mac would be a grteat signing.
Wonder if G has got someone in his sights?

Rempel16

In regards to Macallister i got the feeling that G hadn't spoken to him at all, unfortunately :cry:

Seems we need to find another gem to replace Tyson too.

Excellent service but it has left me a little less optimistic now that we know the set up that G is going for.

Gazza272

Finny said:
Didn't G say that Blaisdell had put him in contact with a suitable defenceman?

I think it was Ed courtenay who had put him in touch, i'm fairly sure Courtenay is one of the agents for the 37hockey website. So could be worth having a look on there for possible targets.

Finny

Gazza272 said:
Finny said:
Didn't G say that Blaisdell had put him in contact with a suitable defenceman?

I think it was Ed courtenay who had put him in touch, i'm fairly sure Courtenay is one of the agents for the 37hockey website. So could be worth having a look on there for possible targets.

Yeh - you could well be right.

Wannabe2

Rempel16 said:
In regards to Macallister i got the feeling that G hadn't spoken to him at all, unfortunately :cry:

Seems we need to find another gem to replace Tyson too.

Excellent service but it has left me a little less optimistic now that we know the set up that G is going for.
What do you mean by that Remps, less optimistic now you know the set up G wants, bit of a strange one to me, could you enlighten please.

kettdevil1

Rempel16 said:
Reggie was a quality player. Got recommended as a friend of Regan Darby, and scored the winning penalty shot in our cc cup win against the Blaze.

One of the best passers in a Devils jersey in recent times.

A complete legend despite the limited games he played for us. He falls into a category also featuring Brigley, Ulmer and Boh of players I would have liked to see play far more games in a Devils uniform.

Good luck to Dougie McIvor next season if he doesn't return - looks like we won't be hearing any more tales from his boys school.....

Sliput

I know its going slightly off topic but those two games were two of the best ones i have EVER seen,not necessarily for the haockey but everything surrounding it.

The game in Cov where we were all chanting Regan Derbys name during his fight (when watched again was much more of a handbags)......two Devils fans standing up (Thanks Paul and Simon) dancing and singing ''Lets all have a disco''.....bearing in mind we were losing !!

Thommo's face at the end ,realising the Blaze..even though having won 3-0...hadnt done enough to take to Cardiff.

The game in Cardiff from the moment i got in the car to drive the 2 hrs from home to Cardiff,turning up at a friends house..to going into the pub across from the rink...from sulking off into the bar when Hutchins scored...to looking up at the TV and shouting ''OMG Remps has scored''...running out to watch extra time and penalties.....LOVED IT :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: