G Testimonial Season - Mega Thread

Wannabe2

Great great night last night for a true gent, thank you to everyone for organising a truelly awesome night, so professional thank you.

Fantastic night and a great turn out by fans for a true Devil and gent. It was really nice to see some of the fans there who have been lost to the sport in recent times to show their support for G

DevilDom

Excellent fun night with lots of Devils fans new and old (including many that have been sadly lost in recent years) showing their support for a top man and true gentleman. He will be missed.

Many congratulations to G Testimonial committee for putting on such a great show, there was a really nice feeling in the BBT last night, again something that has been sadly missing recently. It was a pleasure to be able to contribute in the small way I did.

Had a fantastic night. Was everything thats good about hockey. Daughter hasnt stopped smiling since having her pic taken with Vother, Had to leave before the end of the Auction, what hid his shirt and Hopes Jersey go for after?

D

Deleted member 1337

fenderbassman said:
top night ,also glad to see how much better the d j was better sound better music far better comments many thanks to p s
Definitely agree with this.

Great night yesterday, I really enjoyed it.

C'mon Devils said:
Had a fantastic night. Was everything thats good about hockey. Daughter hasnt stopped smiling since having her pic taken with Vother, Had to leave before the end of the Auction, what hid his shirt and Hopes Jersey go for after?
Hopes was around £330 and Vothers around £260 iirc

Was a fun night (although I remained Shirtless - curse my responsible bidding attitude) - and worth not getting home till 2am by the time it was all over! :p

Ocko

Work commitments meant I couldn't make it. Can anyone give an update how the night went? Did G speak etc? How much did the rest of the jerseys go for?

Hopefully some of the videos shown and a highlights video will be available.

C'mon Devils said:

Here you go

Num 1 goalie cut no name 45. Quiney 125. Svete 140. Smith 150. Davies 160. Myers (8) 150. Faulks 160. Griffiths 50. Cj 70. Richie 110. Hart 70. Plumton 185. Piggsie 110. Marsh 170. maxi 200. 26 blood 60 (rob) 27 blood 40. Kosowski 120. Batch 150. Gipters 80. Buglass 80. Morissette 120. 55 Blood 70. Lord 180. Rama 90. Kurka 150.
Black team g. symo 110. Harding 80. Sample 100. Parsons 70. Whistle 150. Towe 100. S smith 80. J myers 260. Matzka 360. Moria 300. Silverthorn 100. Phillips 180. Frank 220. Hill 220. K smith 140. Crisp 200. Finners 170. Blight 220. Kelman 130. Francis 190. Hope 350. VOTH 360. ADAMS 290.

drainage

jodysstillagirlsname said:
C'mon Devils said:

Here you go

Num 1 goalie cut no name 45. Quiney 125. Svete 140. Smith 150. Davies 160. Myers (8) 150. Faulks 160. Griffiths 50. Cj 70. Richie 110. Hart 70. Plumton 185. Piggsie 110. Marsh 170. maxi 200. 26 blood 60 (rob) 27 blood 40. Kosowski 120. Batch 150. Gipters 80. Buglass 80. Morissette 120. 55 Blood 70. Lord 180. Rama 90. Kurka 150.
Black team g. symo 110. Harding 80. Sample 100. Parsons 70. Whistle 150. Towe 100. S smith 80. J myers 260. Matzka 360. Moria 300. Silverthorn 100. Phillips 180. Frank 220. Hill 220. K smith 140. Crisp 200. Finners 170. Blight 220. Kelman 130. Francis 190. Hope 350. VOTH 360. ADAMS 290.
I know I had a few drinks but bought Hart for my nephew thought it was £60!!! Heck must have had more than I thought!

Both the dinner on Monday and the Testimonial game on Tuesday were brilliant nights (in fact all the events have been), run professionally and it was great to see everyone enjoying themselves.

As mentioned, the "feeling" about these events was spot on. I realised at the game just how many good people have been lost to the sport due to Pope and Ragans antics, and whilst I knew that a lot of people were not coming anymore, it hit home in a big way on Tuesday just how many good people I know through the hockey world that just do not come anymore - very sad to see.

On the plus side, it was a brilliant few days, seeing everyone again along with the returning players etc. The videos and along with the dinner and match night experience was spot on - that is how it should be done and you realise even more now how far behind we have fallen this season.

As for G - throughout this very tough season he has always shown what a true professional he is. Shown nothing but honesty and integrity throughout and our loss is surely Sheffield’s gain. I wish him and his family all the best in the future, and thank him sincerely for everything he has done for Cardiff.

He will always be remembered here and has definitely hit the Legendary status in my eyes.

Dwoods said:
Both the dinner on Monday and the Testimonial game on Tuesday were brilliant nights (in fact all the events have been), run professionally and it was great to see everyone enjoying themselves.

As mentioned, the "feeling" about these events was spot on. I realised at the game just how many good people have been lost to the sport due to Pope and Ragans antics, and whilst I knew that a lot of people were not coming anymore, it hit home in a big way on Tuesday just how many good people I know through the hockey world that just do not come anymore - very sad to see.

On the plus side, it was a brilliant few days, seeing everyone again along with the returning players etc. The videos and along with the dinner and match night experience was spot on - that is how it should be done and you realise even more now how far behind we have fallen this season.

As for G - throughout this very tough season he has always shown what a true professional he is. Shown nothing but honesty and integrity throughout and our loss is surely Sheffield’s gain. I wish him and his family all the best in the future, and thank him sincerely for everything he has done for Cardiff.

He will always be remembered here and has definitely hit the Legendary status in my eyes.
+1 spot on Chris

At the dinner and game I myself referring to the Devils in the past tense when taking about the videos and general atmosphere. It worried me that I was thinking as if that club didn't exist anymore.

DevilDom

bluedevil said:
At the dinner and game I myself referring to the Devils in the past tense when taking about the videos and general atmosphere. It worried me that I was thinking as if that club didn't exist anymore.
I don't think the club as most know it and fell in love with does anymore.

DevilDom said:
bluedevil said:
My sentiments exactly Dom +1

Kipper

DevilDom said:
bluedevil said:
Agreed. It has lost it's heart and soul