G Testimonial Season - Mega Thread

Sheincar

Thread starter #1
Taken from FB group:
An evening with David Simms at Park Thistle Hotel to celebrate the launch of the exciting testimonial year ahead! 7pm -11pm adults only on Friday August 9th . Tickets £10 pp available from CH Sports in Cardiff ice rink from Saturday July 20th.

James

Administrator
Re: G Testimonial Season

Im conflicted I really want to go and make this a success but not sure I could stand an evening with Dave. I may buy a ticket then not go :D

rocketbob

After yesterday, it is a shame it is not an "Evening with Dave and Devin". I am sure people would pay good money for that. :)

rocketbob said:
After yesterday, it is a shame it is not an "Evening with Dave and Devin". I am sure people would pay good money for that. :)
12 rounds with Dave and Deeds!!! You would fill the Millenium stadium. That would make G a very rich man indeed

ASHIPP

I am compromising my morals for this one for one reason only. And that is that no-one is more deserving of a successful testimonial than G.

Personally can't stand Simms but definitately will support G's events.

Paul Sullivan

Aside from being a worthwhile 'cause', anyone who goes won't regret the spend or the attendance.

You may not change your opinion of David at all, but you might realise he has a wealth of experiense and history in the game, some excellent stories to tell, and that some (not all) of his public persona is about the group perception of him.

I only know a handful (very small) of people who could possibly out-do him on British Hockey knowledge, but even then it would usually only be on their own clubs.

You won't regret supporting the event. Plus you get to heckle, could be worse... :D

Skippy

Oddly really looking forward to this, heard good things about the Nigths with Dave and not just from Steelers fans.

drainage

Not a Simms fan , he doesn't help himself with some of his comments but I will say he has always been very genuine (or that is how it appears) in his regard for G

For that and the fact it's for Gs testimonial I will go ..... Prepared to hear what he has to say!

Only a few days left for you lucky people in the out back to get your tickets for Friday's event.

Should be fun and for a great cause.

I bet you can't wait.

Tyke Devil

Ban him! Blatant over the top advertising for an event that (actually to be fair) should have as much coverage as possible for a great cause. Our very own "G"

God forbid he tried to pull the same stunt on "stalintalk" though.

Any news on any of our new sponsors Dave? ;) :lol:

Seriously....This should be a great night. Fair play to Mr Simms for putting himself in the firing line. I think G and DS will have some very funny stories to tell.

Only three posts on the inferno including this one though Dave?...where have you been all this time? ;:|

Special guest appearance by Benn Olson if the rumours are correct!

Earnie

Regrettably we are off to Tenby on Friday. I think it will be a good night. My wife always went and gave him some good humoured stick when SKY occupied Block 3. There will be other opportunities to support G.

wildthing74

If anybody needs tickets let me know as I am getting more later as all the other batch are already allocated.
Send me a PM or if you have my number a quick text and I can meet you it sort it before the event.
Thanks

Koop11

Looking forward to this event. G has been a true servant to this club and deserves all the support he receives as part of his testimonial.