Fixture change ?

TheStub

BBW is probably right - but a question of enforcing rules isn't the same as playing a politics. Just because technically we can stamp our foot and say no, but it may not be politically expedient.

The team have probably looked at the schedule, and though not ideal they can work the travel to be better for the team. At the very least we don't have the long round trip in the middle of a congested run of games. We can head up the day before, and if coaching come directly home and hopefully get the coach set for sleeping (although I am still in the flying if they can camp).

I think they may be OK provided they are well rested before the Dundee game, we utilise all 10 forwards and all 6 D - short shifts, cautious game plan to limit the exertion of the team. Perhaps a repeat of last night's first period in Dundee would be ideal. I guess the guys are feeling pretty loose today :lol:

Koop11

Perhaps the game is on Sky and both clubs looking to use this as an opportunity for the sponsors? Who knows.

From a schedule point of view, this does our CC qualification no favours but needs must. It’s been agreed. We need to live with it.

ASHIPP

The fixture change is lunacy whoever is responsible,(what was the reason for the change again?) but as has been said before, nothing now can be done to change that and here's hoping that the Club will at least be doing everything they can to ensure that the travelling/fatigue is limited as much as poss for the Team. They will find a way. Playing well is as much about attitude/mental approach as it is physical fitness......and the guys are right there with those. :cool:

As Gazza says, the best way to stick the two fingers (or one finger, whichever works for you!) at the decision, and at doubters is for the guys to get the results they want and deserve that weekend. :cool:.
My New Year's Resolution is to stop whinging about the Panthers organisation seemingly having advantages over most of the other teams (in terms of fixtures etc) this season.......and enjoying the moment every time I look at the weekend results and discover they've lost! :lol:

Earnie

That we have been dealt a dirty deal is not in question. It is not going to change now and yes SKY are part of the equation. To pull out of that game is out of the question and would cost us dearly. Lets be positive. We have a cracking team. It is not a six games in nine days routine.
We can go to Dundee and beat them AND travel back and beat Nottingham next day. The boys will be pissed off with the way things have panned out for them and be determined to upset those who seek Nottingham and Sheffield to be in the semis.

The way the groups were selected was rubbish .

Hywel

Earnie I agree,the groups are a joke,currently out of a league of 10 we have the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and 7th place sides all in one group.The 1st place side are in a group with 4 out of the bottom five placed teams.Virtually giving Belfast a free ticket to the semi finals.Perhaps next years groups should be selected on league final placings 1ST 3RD 5TH 7TH and 9TH in one group and 2ND 4TH 6TH 8TH AND 10TH.I think that would create a lot more balance.