Fixture change ?

Thread starter #1
i have just looked on the Stars forum and it says our game on the 16th Dec in Dundee has been changed to the 17th ... what a farce we have Nottingham at home in the CC on the 18th, Is this correct ? i have not seen it anywhere else !!

kettdevil1

The EIHL site has it down for the 17th as well...

Not sure how that ties in with Ben and Sam's availaibility as they are away with the u20s around that time

Maybe as its now on a Friday it might be the live Sky game !! Doesn't help us with the Panthers game the following evening, but might explain why it has changed !

Theres a little word in the dictionary to cover this type of situation if fixture change is true......................NO

The Devils could always find a pair and use it from time to time. I assume there is a fee paid to the club for a live TV game?

Wannabe2

Prickly Pete said:
Theres a little word in the dictionary to cover this type of situation if fixture change is true......................NO

The Devils could always find a pair and use it from time to time. I assume there is a fee paid to the club for a live TV game?
A fee paid to the club are you for real, the clubs are paying to have sky sports taking interest, the program is done on such a low budget its untrue. Its far better than nowt but believe me its a real real low budget program.

DevilDom

Prickly Pete said:

The Devils could always find a pair and use it from time to time.
Spot on. If this is true then its a complete farce and how convienient for both the Panthers and Steelers!

The game the following night will be our most important this season to date and if we have rolled over (again! :evil: ) and allowed this to happen then I despair. :?

Wannabe2 said:
Prickly Pete said:

A fee paid to the club are you for real, the clubs are paying to have sky sports taking interest, the program is done on such a low budget its untrue. Its far better than nowt but believe me its a real real low budget program.
Well that makes even less sense then, why risk qualification to 2 more lucrative home games if there is no financial gain by agreeing to fixture change to the night before a make or break cup game?

TheStub

Re: Re: Fixture change ?

Prickly Pete said:
Wannabe2 said:
Prickly Pete said:

Well that makes even less sense then, why risk qualification to 2 more lucrative home games if there is no financial gain by agreeing to fixture change to the night before a make or break cup game?
Not sure what the rule is, but it maybe at the disgression of the home team re availability of ice.

Personally if the team have no choice then I'd forfeit the fixture. 2 points in the league is something I'd gladly give up to progress in the cup. Plus it would really torpedo the Sky deal if there was no match to show.

Wannabe2 said:
Prickly Pete said:

The Clubs aren't paying for the coverage, all the production costs are paid by Sky

TheStub said:
Personally if the team have no choice then I'd forfeit the fixture. 2 points in the league is something I'd gladly give up to progress in the cup. Plus it would really torpedo the Sky deal if there was no match to show.
I guess it would be more than two points lost. If a team no showed a game I would think (and hope) the league would take action i.e. Points deduction and/or fine.

Also, looking at the bigger picture, would we really want to jepordise the Sky deal when this is the first coverage the EIHL has had on a decent channel?

DevilDom

bluedevil said:
TheStub said:
I guess it would be more than two points lost. If a team no showed a game I would think (and hope) the league would take action i.e. Points deduction and/or fine.

Also, looking at the bigger picture, would we really want to jepordise the Sky deal when this is the first coverage the EIHL has had on a decent channel?
Yeah I thought that too.

However, why should we be put (or let ourselves be put) in this position at all? It's ridiculous and means that we effectively have prioritise which game is more important.

ASHIPP

Utter **** if the Devils have to travel 10-12 hours there and back the day before their most important home game so far this season.Surely they have a case for flying to Scotland this time to reduce fatigue and time? :? Anyone else notice, by the way, that the Panthers have a nice, convenient double AWAY weekend in Edinburgh the previous week? Something doesn't seem fair here.......... :twisted:

osh

ASHIPP said:
Utter **** if the Devils have to travel 10-12 hours there and back the day before their most important home game so far this season.Surely they have a case for flying to Scotland this time to reduce fatigue and time? :? Anyone else notice, by the way, that the Panthers have a nice, convenient double AWAY weekend in Edinburgh the previous week? Something doesn't seem fair here.......... :twisted:

Agree with you on this one ASHIPP.If the new dates are correct, the following Flybe flights may be of interest

Cardiff - Edinburgh dep 17/12/10 @ 08.40 arr 09.50

Edinburgh - Cardiff dep 18/12/10 @ 07.30 arr 08.40 Price return £73.98

Ok, coach the other end etc plus overnight accom, but the main thing, bearing in mind the importance of the Nottingham game on the 18th is that the players arrive fresh from a short journey of just over an hour ( no 12 hour coach trips either way ) and have the rest of the day to relax, sleep before the game. Well worth the additional cost for this one I think, and I'm fully prepared to donate if needed to help with these travel costs. All equipment to be taken up and back so no additional luggage fees.

ASHIPP

osh said:
ASHIPP said:

Agree with you on this one ASHIPP.If the new dates are correct, the following Flybe flights may be of interest

Cardiff - Edinburgh dep 17/12/10 @ 08.40 arr 09.50

Edinburgh - Cardiff dep 18/12/10 @ 07.30 arr 08.40 Price return £73.98

Ok, coach the other end etc plus overnight accom, but the main thing, bearing in mind the importance of the Nottingham game on the 18th is that the players arrive fresh from a short journey of just over an hour ( no 12 hour coach trips either way ) and have the rest of the day to relax, sleep before the game. Well worth the additional cost for this one I think, and I'm fully prepared to donate if needed to help with these travel costs. All equipment to be taken up and back so no additional luggage fees.

Osh - you are completely on the ball here. :cool: Whilst the club may not be able to do anything about changing this long distance fixture, here's hoping that they have the facilities to make it a bit easier for the team. Bearing in mind how crucial the CC game against Panthers will be the following night, well worth the cost for the Devils to avoid uneccessary fatigue and 'bus legs'.

samidevils said:
Funny how Nottingham have already had a Scottish double header (last month), and have a double Belfast away coming up too!!! Convenient eh!?
Thats because they bring the most fans so everyone in scotland and belfast wants to host them for double headers. A few weeks ago they brought to the Edinburgh/Braehead weekend 500 fans!