Fixture change ?

I appreciate that, however given the chance - I'm sure we would bring decent numbers too.

Belfast away on a saturday, flying back for the Dundee game, we took about 60-70 fans I believe, and that was a rush back for the Dundee game Sunday. i spoke to many fans who wanted to go but couldn't be bothered with the rushing about! I'm sure given the chance we'd take a load of fans too. Just look at Nottingham away last week.

Ger-Devils

There is around 70 or so going to Belfast in Feb it seems. About 40 so far for Scotland trip.

Flight times can be a problem and it was a bit of a rush back from Belfast in October but we got there. I'm sure if we can get enough people and a deal on flight/hotel then more would look at going. I know the club used to have the supporters club but not many travelled with them recently so not sure.

Bob does good trips as most know and when people here of these, I'm sure more will look to go away. It's not just younger fans going but all ages including families.

ASHIPP

This is probably a very stupid question but......I am assuming that the Club are fully aware of the fixture change against Dundee to 17.12.10? Both Elite League and Stars websites illustrate the date change, Devils' website still showing the game will be played on 16.12.10. :?

Wannabe2

There is no way we can play Dundee away on the friday, Nottingham home on the Saturday, and Braehead away on the Sunday. Our game against the Panthers is a 4 pointer and must not be put at risk.

Im fairly sure they know by now if they didnt know before hand, as most of them have at least one user name on here :eek:

If not there are those on here that have the ear of the club ;)

kettdevil1

Wannabe2 said:
There is no way we can play Dundee away on the friday, Nottingham home on the Saturday, and Braehead away on the Sunday. Our game against the Panthers is a 4 pointer and must not be put at risk.
Where did the Braehead game come from? :eek:

Have I missed something :?:

Wannabe2

But we are still down to play 3 games in 3 days in Dec
26th Blaze away
27th Blaze at home
28th Giants away.
What the hell is that all about.

DevilDom

Am I the only one that smells a huge rat here?

This fixture apparently gets changed in the week when it becomes apparent that our last challenge cup group game against the Panthers is going to decide where both they and the steelers finish in the group. Oh and this is shortly after the Elite league publish the criteria for how teams are placed when they finish on the same points meaning the steelers are ahead of us!

I'm not normally one for consipiracy theories but this all seems to have been set up to ease the passage of sheffield and nottingham into the semi-finals. All they need to do now is put Hicks in charge of the Dundee game and ensure that a couple of our players are banned from the Panthers game.

I think the Devils Management are too embarassed to admit they have caved in to the Elite league once again. :twisted: :evil:

Sheincar

DevilDom said:
Am I the only one that smells a huge rat here?

I think the Devils Management are too embarassed to admit they have caved in to the Elite league once again. :twisted: :evil:
No you're definitely not the only one. Just fed up with us caving in every time.

osh

Unless I've missed it (if so, apologies) what is both confusing and embarrasing is the fact that the Devils main website makes no mention of there being a fixture date change for the away game. They still have us away at Dundee on Thursday 16th December ( Dundee show the game being played on the 17th, who is right!). Now, surely they have been made aware of this change and if so they will be making the appropriate travel arrangements etc. Once again it is the fans who are left guessing what the hell is going on. Why can't the club cover this very important date change on the website? Whoever may be responsible for this and the current state of the site needs a serious word in his or her ear, its a joke.

Finny

According to a couple of posts on THF, the Dundee game may be being moved to the Friday so that it can be shown Live on Sky.

I've not seen any official confirmation of this though?

Thread starter #34
Finny said:
According to a couple of posts on THF, the Dundee game may be being moved to the Friday so that it can be shown Live on Sky.

I've not seen any official confirmation of this though?
On the Stars forum the fixture change was from Andy French , also the players seem to think the game is now on the Friday , i certainly do not understand the Devils management not mentioning this unless for once they are trying to do the right thing and change it back !!!

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/newsheadline.aspx?cpid=960

Devils December game in Dundee moved back 24 hours

There is a change to the Devils away game in Dundee in December. Instead of playing the fixture on Thursday 16th, the match will now be played on the Friday night, 17th.

Due to the proximity of the date to our crucial Challenge Cup game with Nottingham Panthers on 18th December the Devils Managment had been exploring all options to avoid playing on 17th, however we are now in a position to confirm this fixture.

TheStub

Mark666 said:

There is a change to the Devils away game in Dundee in December. Instead of playing the fixture on Thursday 16th, the match will now be played on the Friday night, 17th.

Due to the proximity of the date to our crucial Challenge Cup game with Nottingham Panthers on 18th December the Devils Managment had been exploring all options to avoid playing on 17th, however we are now in a position to confirm this fixture.
So we get shafted by what? Sky games? Neil Black wanting a good result for his team?

This is truly excremental!

osh

Mark666 said:

Well, there we have it. Its now on the Devils website, for what ever reason the Devils management have failed to avoid playing on this date, so I would only add that I hope they have the good sense to fly up on the 17th and back on the 18th. If they still persist in travelling up and back by coach I - for once - will be lost for words!

osh

TheStub said:
Get the buckets out around the rink to pay for the air fare?
Good idea, why not? It wouldn't be too hard for fans to help out the club on this one, especially with the importance of the Panthers game. Put it this way, assuming 1000 adults attend regularly,
and perhaps 500 decide to donate at a £5.00 each ( a little more than the cost of a programme) that would more or less cover the flights and hotel.

osh said:
TheStub said:
Get the buckets out around the rink to pay for the air fare?
Good idea, why not? It wouldn't be too hard for fans to help out the club on this one, especially with the importance of the Panthers game. Put it this way, assuming 1000 adults attend regularly,
and perhaps 500 decide to donate at a £5.00 each ( a little more than the cost of a programme) that would more or less cover the flights and hotel.
I'd give an extra fiver if they got rid of the idiot who agreed to this, surely both parties must agree to a fixture change, if not I hope we move the next home panties or squeelers league game to the night before one of their semi final games!!!!!