Fans Presentation Evening - Thursday March 10th

Thread starter #1
Hi all. I'm posting this on behalf of Wannabe2 who is without computer access at present.

On Thursday 10th March from 7pm there will be a social evening organised by a group of supporters (and sanctioned by the club) at O'Neills on St Marys Street, Cardiff to celebrate the amazing 22 game win streak of the Cardiff Devils this season. The players will be in attendance and children are welcome to attend until 9pm.

Tickets will be at the bargain price of £2 each and all proceeds will go to the Devils Community Foundation. Tickets can be purchased at the upcoming home matches from the CH Sports shop and from the sales desk.

This is an opportunity for an informal get-together to say thanks to the team for their superb run of wins and to give them our continuing support during the latter stages of the season.

I understand that a rather special celebration dvd of goals from the season will be shown on the evening, so we all have a chance to relive some of those magic moments from the streak.

Mods, please could this be stickied so all Inferno users have an opportunity to see it.

Wannabe2

Hello i am back, thank god, its very dark out there with no computor, thank you Devils Drum for posting for me.
Okay the presentation night, this is a night thats all about you guys well me included also, to celebrate the amazing 22 game winning streak, its a fans night where all the players will be in attendance and will be each presented with a token from you guys of our appreciation of that amazing run. It will be a informal night at O,Neils,and tickets will be available at the Panthers game, this is your night to show the lads why Devils fans are the best in the UK, we will relive lots of this seasons goals, and generally have a bloody good night, and i think we know how to do that. So there we have it, its your night and obviously needs to be well attended, so thank you every one of you, and lets have a night to remember.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Wannabe2

274 views so far its getting better, dont forget guys this is your night, its all about you and your team. I will be there make sure you are too, need i say anymore, i dont think so.

Finny

Do tickets have to be pre-purchased or can we pay on the door?

Hopefully most of the players won't have experienced something like this before. Remember how overwhelmed Tylor was when people paid for his girlfriend to fly over at the end of the season - and that was one of the main reasons he stayed this season?
Perhaps a couple of the players might have the same feelings again.

ASHIPP

What a great idea to show the guys how proud we are of their incredible winning streak and how much we have enjoyed all the hockey they have given us this season. :cool: Think having it in O'Neill's is much more relaxed too...I believe it's a place one or two of them are familiar with!
Let's buy those tickets and make it a night for them to remember. :D

Wannabe2

Paying on the night will be okay as long as we still have room inside, buying a £2 ticket guarantees your entry. Tickets as have been mentioned earlier, will be available at the Panthers game.

As it's a "presentation" evening - will there be some kind of voting for fans favourite player / most improved / best Brit / import / new player and that kind of thing? Just an idea as that's kind of what I assumed it was from the title.

Wannabe2

ledgend777 said:
As it's a "presentation" evening - will there be some kind of voting for fans favourite player / most improved / best Brit / import / new player and that kind of thing? Just an idea as that's kind of what I assumed it was from the title.
No mate its a fans presentation night to the players, to celebrate the 22 winning game streak that is a new record, just come you will have a blast.

Wannabe2

There will indeed be given a gift to each player from you guys as a appreciation of the winning streak, dont think this have ever been done by any other club, there again there aint many clubs like ours. Its a thank you from us to them.

I noticed in the Steelers program* last week that they'd been on TV 'talking about our 11 game winning run'. Pah, call that a run! :lol: :lol:

A great opportunity to wish them luck as they head off to the playoffs too.

* that's now exactly the same as ours. :shock:

Chris

Administrator
dont think this have ever been done by any other club, there again there aint many clubs like ours. Its a thank you from us to them.
Whilst I won't be attending mainly/entirely because I live in Nottingham at the moment and can't afford to travel home for Easter, never mind anything else, I don't appear to be the only one who's thinking that the reason other clubs have never done such a thing is because they don't celebrate mediocrity like this appears to be doing...

Was the winning streak good? yes, that cannot be denied. However it doesn't appear we set any sort of world record, nothing has been said since the last few games we won on that streak, and since it came to an end we've hardly been the all-conquering team we were - for a variety of reasons.

I imagine this is going to go down about as well as my other post tonight in the 'what no news thread' but it seems strange that really all that's being celebrated is a new league record despite crashing out of the Challenge Cup and now being 11 points behind the Steelers although with 3 games in hand it's 'only' potentially 5 points.

I'm not convinced by the 'showing the team we support them' argument either, surely the numbers of fans turning up at the games shows they still have support?

Chris, now sporting flame retardant clothes.