Votes: 43 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 106 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo3

it was a bit of a shock when they unveiled it last night, but as others have said, this is the way most hockey logos are going. Do I prefer the old one, yes, I'm used to it. I've plenty of shirts with it on. Will the new one grow on me? probably. Plenty of people in the queue yesterday to buy new ones.

doron

lime green website.

We research, digest, deconstruct and redefine. Nothing is pre-prescribed, you’ll find no formulaic, off-the-shelf solutions from this studio. Just strong, smart, simple ideas that make a commercial difference.

research ?
no off the shelf solution ? looks like a random icon search
simple ideas ? got that one spot on. mabe they should have done a poll and seen the results

anyway time to move on. we have made the point. the poll has spoken . end of.

doron

People defending it said it looks good on the merch....from seeing the merch they have posted on website and social media it still looks terrible

the bucket hat ? no way on earth.
the Pitchfork mug is nice thou
thinking about it? i wood rather just have the pitch fork with the words devils across it.than what we have now.

I said earlier I was indifferent on the logos and still am. The reaction will die down and people will get over it.

For the all criticism and ridicule aimed at the new logo you could aim most of it at the old one too. Angry constipated man etc etc. The cap fits on both really. In terms of modern logo and branding the old one would be seen as too busy and needing to be simpler.

The new one is still one of the better logos in the league IMO, but there will always be a bias to go against change. I think we were due a rebrand whether this logo is it will remain to be seen, no one is going to stop coming. A lot of reaction on here is very over the top - you’ll still be sat in your seats in a few weeks.
Change for the better is great but I don't think this decision is for the better. Last season we needed a change (Coach) and nobody at the club would make that decision and put it off till the end of the season, I wouldn't have opposed the change of the coach which was necessary but they have no problem with making unnecessary changes

moggy#9

The more I look at the new shirts, the more I dislike the pitchforks around the bottom. The best two bottoms to shirts the club has ever done are the flames (from 1993) and the city skyline from a few years ago.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #70
They don't look like pitchforks which is another problem they're tridents.
So it's been a couple of days since rebrand launch and tempers are calming which is good.
For me the logo isn't inspiring, isn't interesting and I will not be adding another devils jersey to my collection while they have that logo.
Any jersey I buy of any team the shirt has to have a wow factor (our skyline and flames jersey) this jersey has nothing about it I like unfortunately especially when I'm spending over £70 for it.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

Thread starter #72
And just an after thought on the pricing, don't get me wrong, I'll pay good money for a good piece of kit, not a problem BUT I just paid £69.03 for a return flight with BA to Dublin with seat and baggage for 6 nations trip.
Completely different I know but the value for money is what I'm trying to get over.
Would I buy a jersey over an all in return flight?
I'm sure the jersey will sell but I don't think at the volumes they have been.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Just seen picture of finished ice, one thing stands out for me centre circle is obviously the new logo but underneath that CARDIFF...WALES...bit miffed though and clan will love it the adverts behind nets 4 in all ..THINK PURPLE ..unfortunately that's the arena colours now due to vindico...

MA18

Just seen picture of finished ice, one thing stands out for me centre circle is obviously the new logo but underneath that CARDIFF...WALES...bit miffed though and clan will love it the adverts behind nets 4 in all ..THINK PURPLE ..unfortunately that's the arena colours now due to vindico...
Looks awful.
I get it but why not utilise wall space or something rather than the ice?!

MA18

Because the walls don't get on the TV/Webcast unfortunately.
Are enough games broadcast for companies use to see the benefit?
I can’t say I know what the majority of the companies offer, they wouldn’t be on the top of my list to pick up the phone to if I needed let’s say insurances service or buy a new Nissan if I needed a car.
I’d say most of the sponsors are fans who have the ability to sponsor, enjoy using the lounge, entertaining clients etc. having their logo plastered on the ice is a byproduct of that.

Have Hope#35

Are enough games broadcast for companies use to see the benefit?
I can’t say I know what the majority of the companies offer, they wouldn’t be on the top of my list to pick up the phone to if I needed let’s say insurances service or buy a new Nissan if I needed a car.
I’d say most of the sponsors are fans who have the ability to sponsor, enjoy using the lounge, entertaining clients etc. having their logo plastered on the ice is a byproduct of that.
Every game is available to purchase as webcast which has a bearing... All Continental Cup/ CHL and Playoff Final Games have been on TV in the recent years gone by, add in the 5 or so home games that have made it onto TV I guess you're looking at 12-15 TV Games in a good season.

MA18

Every game is available to purchase as webcast which has a bearing... All Continental Cup/ CHL and Playoff Final Games have been on TV in the recent years gone by, add in the 5 or so home games that have made it onto TV I guess you're looking at 12-15 TV Games in a good season.
Have you thought about going into sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.