Devils Vs steelers - CC 1/4F - 14th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO - Part 2 Spectacular

moggy#9

I'm not watching this match, so I can't comment on specifics, but based on the season so far, I doubt anyone can argue there's not fundamental problems with this team. Come the summer there has to be a clear out of the sentimentality signings.

august04 2.0

Coughler or No Coughler
Injuries or No Injuries
This team, This Coaching staff
Simply not good enough!!!
5th place at best, the sooner you all realise that, the less stressful it will be for you.
Merry Christmas
Couldn’t agree more but I guess we were hoping that something might have been done about it by now!

moggy#9

I saw a senior nhl writer say that plus minus was the most pointless stat in hockey, next to the secondary assist
The thing is that no statistic, in isolation, gives a complete picture. Plus minus at least takes account of contribution at both ends, though I personally am more interested in the goals against part of the equation for defencemen. I don't see anything wring with the second assist since that pass can be the crucial one that sets things up for a goal.

august04 2.0

I was thinking Todd would’ve ”motivated” the guys into a frenzy, in response to the Q&A & constant ”we play to win” & we’re always “aiming for silverware”.
I don’t think anyone could describe this performance so far as “frenzied”. I can’t believe how passive we’ve been.

5th sounds a bit negative - I think we can achieve 3rd or 4th. That's a realistic target. I'm not saying 5th is impossible but the Devils I'd say are better than that.
Out of interest, which out of Guildford, Sheffield, Coventry or Belfast do you think the Devils are better than?
Personally, I think all four are more than likely to finish above us come the end of this season!