Devils Vs steelers - CC 1/4F - 14th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO - Part 2 Spectacular

moggy#9

Bowns
This season is over start a fresh 23/24 with some of these players going , and I’m sad to say batch and bowns , keep depont but he needs an experienced assistant and a better squad than this shower of shit .
Bowns should never have been signed by us. His decline in form was evidenced by his problems in Europe and some poor GB performances. I have some sympathy for batch. He had an excellent season last year, and I wonder how much better he'd been with a different defensive partner. He could potentially still do a job as a big body forward and a penalty killer too. As far as Dupont goes, I just don't see him being a top coach if we have him a decade to get there.

august04 2.0

Too little, too late. I’m all for a scrap and I get their frustration at the end but their feathers should have been ruffled from the start, try to get things going, get them off their game. Not now when it’s all over.

Last edited:
What a stupid move by batch.We are already depleted on defense but why hasn't he showed that fire and aggression before.Just hope he ain't banned or anything? If batch plays like that his game goes up tenfold

kingmo19.1

4-10 aggregate loss and also lost both games convincingly! Hmmmmm …….

So that’s one of my predictions from last month coming true, which was:-

League = 5th.
Playoffs = won’t qualify.
Challenge Cup = out next round (v Steelers)

Haven’t seen anything different that changes my opinion on the league and playoffs predictions unfortunately.

I am so so disappointed with this team because ALL the issues we have this season were there
for all to see LAST season!

We have gone backwards so far in the last 18 months we are unrecognisable as a Devils team!

I have been a season ticket holder since before most of this current roster were born but I am afraid to say I will not be renewing my season ticket for the Early Bird offer as I usually do.
I will wait to see what sort of team we sign before I make my decision. If we again re-sign the basis of this team I will simply give it a miss next year.

As it stands there are only a couple of players who I would be disappointed to see not return next year and they are Coughler and Waller!

I fully understand how important getting in the early season ticket money is and there will probably be someone to take my seat but I want to be entertained by a teams that has some Devil DNA, an identity!

Last edited:

Rempel16

When a British defence man (Sam Jones) looks up and sees Joey Martin he should never be thinking that he could take a run at him… not in a million years! Yet he did, because he knew there would be zero retribution other than Joey himself.

How many times are we going to bend over at home? This team is a bunch of pussies and if I was Joey I’d walk before the weekend.

Enough is enough.

This team is ripping the identify of the Cardiff Devils apart. Yet the owners and Todd all suggest they want aggressive physical hockey. Something smells of BS somewhere.

I am so so disappointed with this team because ALL the issues we have this season were there

We have gone backwards so far in the last 18 months we are unrecognisable as a Devils team!

I have been a season ticket holder since before most of this current roster were born but I am afraid to say I will not be renewing my season ticket for the Early Bird offer as I usually do.
I will wait to see what sort of team we sign before I make my decision. If we again re-sign the basis of this team I will simply give it a miss next year.

As it stands there are only a couple of players who I would be disappointed to see not return next year and they are Coughler and Waller!

I fully understand how important getting in the early season ticket money is and there will probably be someone to take my seat but I want to be entertained by a teams that has some Devil DNA, an identity!
Spot on with that post totally agree

august04 2.0

Re. season ticket renewal, I think I’ll be doing the same. It's never been all about winning for me. Yes, that’s great, don’t get me wrong but I want to go to the arena, enjoy the game and be entertained a damned sight more than I have been this season. We pay a lot of money for season tickets and it's been utter garbage so far this year. There's no passion, no desire, no character, no fight, and not much skill either. The style of play is dull and this has to be the most “un-Devils like” Devils team I’ve ever seen, in all my years of watching since Dec 86. One thing you could always guarantee, even when we were struggling, is that a Devils team had each others backs on the ice. Rempel mentioned Joey Martin, Jimmy mentioned Kozun - I’ve never seen such a lack of response to key players getting smacked around. And even if Lou was playing, do we think anything would have happened? Not on the evidence of this year anyway. TK insisted we have the right players and if he really believes that, then the finger has to be pointed at the coach. Personally, I don’t think we have the right players or the right coach and I can see big changes next year. Let’s recruit a proper Devils team please Todd.