Devils Vs steelers - CC 1/4F - 14th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO - Part 2 Spectacular

august04 2.0

Don’t hold your breath. Todd described him as the best defensive forward in the league - unfortunately though, he’s on what should really be our first line with Reid & Crandall! That just highlights the problems that DuPont has had trying to find the right forward lines.

august04 2.0

Right now I'd say Coventry.
No way are we performing better than Coventry at the moment. Belfast will make the necessary changes to become stronger as Thornton/Keefe will not tolerate recent performances and I’m sure that they will. Guildford and Sheffield are better than us right now too and more consistent for sure. 5th is about right for me as well.

E.D.S.

Bowns is massively being hung out to dry. Yes he ballsed up that simple freeze but Christ look at what’s in front of him.
Then Kouzy comes in and like last week, you can make contact with our goalie… intentional or not and it’s ok. We are shafting our goalies!

lloyd_jeff

Anyone know what teams or leagues the owner group sons play for & if they’ve got games streamed, Todd said the owners lack of interaction on social media is down the commits to them playing, maybe worth watching them.

jimmy snels

Absolutely spot on. There’s no character or fight in this team. Going down with a whimper here.

Considering the now extreme prices of season tickets, beer, food, the fact we're selling out more games than ever, its amazing im here, freezing my ass off on a Wednesday night to watch this shit to be honest. Where is the character? Where are the leaders?
Dupont needs to go, along with his mate and about 5 people we're carrying. I've had enough of the excuses to be honest.

Steepers are cruising in this game, but even in cruise mode, they are faster to the puck than we are, and more physical when they to the puck. We have Zero physicality (I believe Brandt is carrying an injury). There’s no communication between players - constantly seeing two, sometimes more, Devils players going for the same puck.On a positive note, we appear to have steadied the ship after Bownsy’s early replacement, but the Steelers are in cruise mode - they would have several more gears to through if pushed, but don’t see them being pushed tonight

Hedd Wyn John

No way are we performing better than Coventry at the moment. Belfast will make the necessary changes to become stronger as Thornton/Keefe will not tolerate recent performances and I’m sure that they will. Guildford and Sheffield are better than us right now too and more consistent for sure. 5th is about right for me as well.
You may well be right but I can't see the Devils organisation standing still and accepting a 5th place finish.

This season is over start a fresh 23/24 with some of these players going , and I’m sad to say batch and bowns , keep depont but he needs an experienced assistant and a better squad than this shower of shit .

Don’t hold your breath. Todd described him as the best defensive forward in the league - unfortunately though, he’s on what should really be our first line with Reid & Crandall! That just highlights the problems that DuPont has had trying to find the right forward lines.
What did he? That is laughable not in a million years

You may well be right but I can't see the Devils organisation standing still and accepting a 5th place finish.
Unless we sign a couple superstars, which I doubt we will, this season is gone in terms of a top 3 finish.
There are far too many issues that a couple of mid season journeymen signings can fix!

Never mind though because we have two great opportunities to paper over the cracks again this weekend with our usual opponents after a Sheffield or Belfast game………….Scottish teams!!

Last edited:

august04 2.0

Considering the now extreme prices of season tickets, beer, food, the fact we're selling out more games than ever, its amazing im here, freezing my ass off on a Wednesday night to watch this shit to be honest. Where is the character? Where are the leaders?
Dupont needs to go, along with his mate and about 5 people we're carrying. I've had enough of the excuses to be honest.
I feel your pain Jimmy! I’ve never been so pleased to have a chest infection, at least now I don’t have to watch this garbage in person. Bad enough in the comfort of my own home though. Penny chirping the Steelers bench - bit late now mate!!