Devils Vs Blaze - League - 22nd Dec 21

Samael

Storm have a bus with their logos on it and would have a contract with the company for the season, the Coach and driver would still have to be paid, the players are paid anyway. The league wouldn’t allow them to cancel a game at the drop of a hat to save travel expenses, hopefully all will be revealed shortly.
Like l said, pure speculation. The league also said the eihl would not be sustainable with behind closed doors games when we all went into lock down previously, and what is happening now? Fair enough it's only two games right now but let's be honest and realistic, it won't be just two games will it.

Pembo

There’s some rumblings coming from the Blaze fans as those who had paid for the 27th have had emails saying there’s no refunds but a credit note for a future game, then a couple of hours later get to hear that one of the future games they could have moved their ticket to is to be played tonight.
Not ideal for them, but given the situation, I guess we all need to pull together to get through.
Pretty sure we are still without Broll and Thompson is injured so we will be playing short benched.
Any news on Broll? He’s been away for a while. Do the Blaze faithful expect him to come back from Canada this season?

E.D.S.

Agreed, it’s not ideal for them, but in the same way, we prepared for Manchester and are now playing Coventry with the same amount of notice. Both clubs are in the same boat.
Good point but we only have one game plan so imagine they’ll be more inconvenienced.

Wagstaff

Any news on Broll? He’s been away for a while. Do the Blaze faithful expect him to come back from Canada this season?
He’s away for personal reasons and there’s been no announcements or any hints, so we are in the dark really, personally I can’t see him returning now with all the uncertainty around the league but until it’s definite I guess we don’t have the funds to replace him.

BostonBart22

Like l said, pure speculation. The league also said the eihl would not be sustainable with behind closed doors games when we all went into lock down previously, and what is happening now? Fair enough it's only two games right now but let's be honest and realistic, it won't be just two games will it.
Defo be lots of games behind closed doors...cases highest since covid began for 1 day...106 thousand plus.

Pembo

He’s away for personal reasons and there’s been no announcements or any hints, so we are in the dark really, personally I can’t see him returning now with all the uncertainty around the league but until it’s definite I guess we don’t have the funds to replace him.
It’s a real shame, really hope he can work through whatever the issues are and still play a part in your season, I’ve always liked DB. Losing a big player like that when already short benched is tough. We’re missing Louis tonight (which I imagine some Cov fans may feel is a bit of karma with Thompson still out!).

Pembo

Confused .com..just got back from morrisons to IAW , the storm team coach outside ..company Goodwins with ECB number plate...storm always use it
I assume Blaze probably needed to borrow the Storm Coach as wouldn’t have booked one having previously expected to play fife at home? Let hope it’s not riddled with Omicron!

JC23

Confused .com..just got back from morrisons to IAW , the storm team coach outside ..company Goodwins with ECB number plate...storm always use it
Storm coach was heading to Cardiff anyway, already booked, and the driver was having to bring stuff down.

Rather than Cov booking a coach last minute, Go Goodwins said they’d pick the team up on the way through.

It would help our possession and offense if we could win a few more face-offs, especially offensive ones. I would be interested to know the stats there. My guess would be a very low win %