Devils Vs Blaze - League - 22nd Dec 21

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
In what's going to be the last home game of the year we're going to get to see, Devils invite the Storm to the Bay for league action on Wednesday night. Storm have only dropped one point (which was against us) in the last 4 games and Devils will be looking to put a run together after the wins at the weekend.

jimmy snels

I honestly think the club should be offering free webcasts to season ticket holders in exchange foor their seats currently. There's a lot of covid out there and a number of people may feel far more comfortable watching from home whilst allowing their seats to be used by the less vulnerable. My dad is 70 odd years old and isn't comfortable with it at all for example.

jimmy snels

Yeah a personal password or something so their seats can be sold to the more fit and able by the club. Club wouldn't lose out, in fact they would likely gain

Yeah a personal password or something so their seats can be sold to the more fit and able by the club. Club wouldn't lose out, in fact they would likely gain
I get your point about season ticket holders but what about the fans that pay week in week out to watch the web cast surely they should also have a benefit too

Wannabe2

But season ticket holders that are uncomfortable going, are contributing back to the club by offering their seats back for sale, a sort of tit for tat deal. People who go every week and pay on the door get no benefits and why should they.Seasonticketholders are guaranteeing the club their money. I haven’t been able to go lately but still buy the webcast to be able to see the game, hence paying twice.

Kevlar68

I understand the season ticket holders having free webcast as season ticket holders have paid for all the games up front. Game by game tickets/webcast don't lose anything as they pay per game.
If the home games are played behind closed doors then game by game ticket/webcast buyers don't lose anything but season ticket holders would.
Can't see any reason for grumbles there.

Mazzoak

Will the Government money be used to compensate the money lost from walk in fans only or will the club be refunding season ticket holders as well. The club has already received the money from season ticket holders, so they could be given a reduction on next seasons price to compensate for the lost games.

JC23

Will the Government money be used to compensate the money lost from walk in fans only or will the club be refunding season ticket holders as well. The club has already received the money from season ticket holders, so they could be given a reduction on next seasons price to compensate for the lost games.
I absolutely hope they don’t try to refund season ticket holders.

Keep the money, I’d rather have a team to watch than the money for two (for now) games.

E.D.S.

I absolutely hope they don’t try to refund season ticket holders.

Keep the money, I’d rather have a team to watch than the money for two (for now) games.
Totally agree. It's a sunk cost any way for us Season Tickets holders so whilst I'd never expect the club to just turn around and keep it (they would never do that) they can safely assume from me, and I'm sure many others, that they can keep that money. The club did so much during the last lock down to return the favour and create value for that lost money so I'm sure they'll do the same again but it totally isn't expected by me. Just keep this club and this league alive please.

Pope#42

Just saw it has just been announced that Manchester will no longer be travelling to Cardiff tonight and instead we play Coventry. Manchester haven’t been placed in covid protocol though and an announcement will be given soon.

Hedd Wyn John

Either Manchester are under covid protocols or they are not. Surely if they are not - there must be a good reason not to travel. The lack of information is puzzling.

terry hunt

The only problem with this is the Blaze chased us all over the place the last visit so the team will need to be on the ball so to speak.
Have the Blaze got a coach to travel in or are they using their cars.