Devils v Steelers - 27/11 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

There was quite a while in that 3rd period where I thought our guys looked tired and it was only a matter of time before the steelers scored then Fitzgerald steps up and gives away the dumbest penalty I think I've seen, 5 cross checks straight in front of the ref.

Another regulation win against the steelers and 11 points clear at the top

Welshy74

Yep he lost it. But we were fortunate as a stick came up into his face on the boards which caused him to lose it. If I was Thomson I would be seething with the dumb penalties taken by Desbien,Nelson and Fitzgerald. 4 point weekend :)

Last edited:

Pondlife

Following the mnl coverage it seems that discipline paid off against a team that tried whatever sh1t they could to their detriment. It seemed like the penalties were about right and there's no need to go in scrapping when you're up. Although if Bordy isn't allowed to play the way he wants we may have a longer term issue,

Be happy with the points and look to Wed.

E.D.S.

The thing I don't get is with Bordy or without Bordy, our players will get hit. It's part of the game. There was nothing wrong with the Culligan hit. Players will always make that kind of hit whether the team has Bordy, McGratton or Dolf Lundgren on the team. Fitzy isn't afraid of Bordy, Rosehill isn't afraid of Bordy. Bordy isn't afraid of any of them. Hits will be made. Fitzy would cross check Myers whether Bordy did go with him or not. I just think it's a red herring. Bordy smashing people in to the boards and making them look over their shoulder is where he adds the most value. Voth wasn't a great fighter but when he was skating around the ice with a head of steam is where the Devils benefitted most. Bordy does that for us.
I thought Todd was wrong to speak out but at the end of the day he knows this game better than I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it just me or did Fitzgerald miss the post game handshakes? Looked for him, couldn't see him?

Come on, it was perfect to see 28 in the box when we hit the GWG, knowing that it was a penalty drawn out of his frustration started by Haddad behind the net.

There are no trophies handed out for fighting in this league, we have been top of the tree in the Drop Your Gloves league for three years but fallen short in the one that gives you a shiny cup. This year, all going to plan to date.

Desbien thrown out, another misconduct (missed to who) and Fitzy given the best seat in the house to see the Powerplay GWG. 2 points, thank you very much. Next

matbur

Bord staying out of the locker room for part of the second intermission was interesting. Wonder if there is an issue starting to develop there reading between the lines.

I was at the game, thought the MDL comment about the Devils playing very, very poorly to be pretty harsh tbh. All about opinions though and whilst they weren't at their best tonight this was a big test for them and they didn't give in and showed the character to get the win.

Let's have some perspective here.
Tonight was all about the W, one team had an NHL 'super-heavyweight' enforcer who played a smart controlled game, the other team had a minor league enforcer 'meat-head' who played a selfish game and ultimately cost his team the game!
None of our players got injured, none of our players took stupid penalties, none of our players will be worried about standing in the crease and taking a cross-check and none of our players will be worried about playing Sheffield next time either.
Well done Myers for standing in the crease and drawing the X-check penalty, cos that's what he does best.
Absolute bonus that Fitzgerald is the kind of moron that gets the red mist and gifts us an extra 2 mins.
That may have only been 2 points in the league but it was off the scale in terms of the psychological battle!

I think Todd will always stir the pot that fighting has been asked for. He knows that puts bums on seats and inevitably money in the pocket. Fantastic 2 pts tonight. Personally think Fitzgerald gifted us those points as felt in the 3rd we was flat and couldnt get things going until the penalty came! Great weekend.

backrow

jimmy snels, while the ref did not call their shot that was clearly off the post a goal, I hardly feel that he had a good game tonight. Letting blatant calls go is a recipe for injury and he missed calls both ways tonight. Punches to the face are pretty hard to miss!

jimmy snels

The comments on our play are intresting as well. we missed two open net chances in 3rd (morrisette missed them both the little blighter!). if both flew i im guessing people would remember a fantastic 3rd period win. all about opinions i guess. im happy with two points tonight against our biggest rivals

Jones72

When all's said and done, it's not the winning or losing that counts.

It watching Thommo totally lose his sh*t when things don't go his way.

Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milky

Bordy is there to protect his team now someone tell me how he is doing that job?? Going over to Fitzgerald and bumping in to him ohhhhh scary hey... Fitzgerald cross checked Myers 3 times punched hotham a few times in the face. He also hit culligan in to boards flying. And got away with murder all night..

Anyone that thinks bordy shouldn't have fought him are truly deluded...

I have been watching hockey 15 years and Fitzgerald owned us and I would have him in my team all day ahead of most of our players
With the best will in the world it's posts like this that beggar belief. Watching hockey for 15 years???? I'd suggest perhaps you watch for another 15 and then make a comment.

At no point when bordeleau was on the ice did anybody take liberties and if I'm not mistaken bordeleau and Fitzgerald didn't ice much at the same time at all tonight . As has been noted by numerous people (and I saw it for myself as well) bordy had to be dragged back form the bench several times by our team. Are you suggesting he comes onto the ice after after a break in play and starts fighting? That'll do us the world of good!!!!!!!!!!

He's clearly being held back by a conscious choice of the coaching staff (and that's a completely seperate debate).

I'd be asking questions of players like batch who's been very quiet this season.

Milky

I do. Did nothing to deserve it that I saw & booing him classless. More football supporter mentality in my opinion.
Doesn't play for us so I don't care.

Can't imagine that it's new fans that would have booed as they wouldn't know who he was from Adam so the football supporter analogy doesn't make sense.

Sheincar

Because our fans let our club down by booing a player who'd done nothing to deserve it. Was he booed simply because he was the opposition hence the football analogy.