Devils v Steelers - 27/11 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Gazza272

It's standard practice to write into a sports persons contract clauses that include how and what you comment publicly on social media etc about the club.

So no l believe in game actions tell more truth than public statements.

I keep repeating this, lm not a fan of fighting. The Devils brought in a fighter, not for his scoring abilities. I know some feel his presence is a deterrent, this game though proved his is not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The casual way in which the tweet was written it was far from a club edict tweet.

I get it, you want there to be some salacious story to make this all the more interesting. But it isn't there.

Electro

That's not true. It's desirable but not standard. I'm guessing you don't know for a fact but are speculating in very much the same way I am (albeit my speculation is with experience).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's standard.

I agree on your summing up of historical threads. Taking the debate away is unhelpful.

I'm not bringing anything up just a simple question!!

Someone told me Fitzgerald fought bordy a few times before and I can't find a link? Is this true? If so has anyone got a link?

Electro

Any actions depend of circumstances, who said what to whom, content, impact to the business, benefit too the business etc etc.

Electro

The casual way in which the tweet was written it was far from a club edict tweet.

I get it, you want there to be some salacious story to make this all the more interesting. But it isn't there.
Not at all.

But fans should be a little less naive when it comes to public comments and realise calling out your grievances with your employer or boss on social media or any media can have a serious impact on your current employment status and potentially future employment. So to appease any impact on your actions in the heat of the moment you simply post these typical responses on your Twitter or any media you use.

As the saying goes, actions speak far greater than words.

voth26

Mods i think its time to get this thread back on track about the game, im getting so fed up of hearing the same things about Bordy did this or didnt do that. Get off his back and Just let the guy play hockey for christ sake. The devils are happy with him so it seems, just because some armchair coaches are not in a word TOUGH!!.

Electro

Get off his back and Just let the guy play hockey for christ sake. The devils are happy with him so it seems, just because some armchair coaches are not in a word TOUGH!!.
I totally agree, as I've said many times Bordy has more to offer than just fighting.

The Sheffield game has shown that Thommo is rattled, he's probably gained some insight into the mentality of Bordy, the style of play Sheffield showed was in hope of him loosing it and ending up in the dressing room.

Lordo response was to hold Bordy back, much to the disdain of Bordy. In my opinion and in know way do l comment this as being absolute truth, that was a mistake, both in this game and for future games against other teams.

Sheffield played poorly and there game plan didn't work, how Lord manages Bordy and future games may see other teams take a similar approach. Nottingham game will be interesting.

Devil_Abroad

Not at all.

But fans should be a little less naive when it comes to public comments and realise calling out your grievances with your employer or boss on social media or any media can have a serious impact on your current employment status and potentially future employment. So to appease any impact on your actions in the heat of the moment you simply post these typical responses on your Twitter or any media you use.

As the saying goes, actions speak far greater than words.

Guess we can all assume what Bordeleau said in response to all the tweets this afternoon was to appease Kelman and Lord so it was a waste of our time.

Devil_Abroad

Mods i think its time to get this thread back on track about the game, im getting so fed up of hearing the same things about Bordy did this or didnt do that. Get off his back and Just let the guy play hockey for christ sake. The devils are happy with him so it seems, just because some armchair coaches are not in a word TOUGH!!.
Yes, let's

bdevil

Wouldn't be surprised if it's the hit on Lord.

We must have been expecting the review on Haddad and they're so similar it makes sense for us to ask for that to be looked at.

Gazza272

Very clever move to cite the Fitzgerald hit. his and Haddads are identical, DOPS cant cite one without the other, and vice versa if they let one off they have to let the other.

Personally can see both players receiving a 1 match ban.

Rich Best

I think the most positive thing is this. We clearly have the steelers rattled from top to bottom this year. They have shown that they are not a very disciplined team, so we can definitely play on that. Fitzy is a very good defence man so if we can get him in the bin as much as possible, we will be at an advantage. Let's just keep rattling them! I can see the next game against them being a very feisty affair - but let's make sure we stay on the right side of the ref again and let them lose their cool!

Rich Best

Very clever move to cite the Fitzgerald hit. his and Haddads are identical, DOPS cant cite one without the other, and vice versa if they let one off they have to let the other.

Personally can see both players receiving a 1 match ban.
I agree, although it will be interesting to see what the Sheffield based DOPS team make of both incidents!