***Devils v Panthers - Sun ****9PM**** - Chat/Updates

James

Administrator
Gazza272 said:
Also, why wasnt Miller Awarded a penalty shot in the third period? clean through on goal and hooked?

Franny was shouting for it and i believe i am correct in that the ruling would allow such a call to be made?
I guess it was down to puck control. He wasn't in _full_ control when he was taken down. Either that or Darnell doesn't have a clue, which on balance is far more likely.

Finny

Because Darnell doesn't have the bottle to make such a call.
Looked a nailed on penalty shot to me.

Edit: Wasn't it Latulippe who was brought down, not Miller?

Gazza272 wrote:
Also, why wasnt Miller Awarded a penalty shot in the third period? clean through on goal and hooked?

Franny was shouting for it and i believe i am correct in that the ruling would allow such a call to be made?

I guess it was down to puck control. He wasn't in _full_ control when he was taken down. Either that or Darnell doesn't have a clue, which on balance is far more likely.

Mr Darnell would have to grow a pair to be able to make a call that required any sort of backbone behind it.

Didn't Mr Darnell also bail out on a Penalty shot last weekend - seems to be becoming par for the course

drainage

Block 2 Noise Boys said:
Gazza272 wrote:

Mr Darnell would have to grow a pair to be able to make a call that required any sort of backbone behind it.

Didn't Mr Darnell also bail out on a Penalty shot last weekend - seems to be becoming par for the course
Yeap he did - at least he is consistent , consistently bad thats is !!!

Was also very impressed with Miller tonight, which is far from what I thought of Darnells effort. Panthers seemed to get away with quite a few cheap shots right infront of Darnell that were ignored, then Voth for example gets called for charging? :evil:

Wannabe2

God was Miller on fire last night or what, he confirmed last night just what he is capable of, best performance since Coventry pre season, more of the same please Matt.

Rempel16

With regard the penalty shot, it was suggested with us that it may not have been given as the 2nd d-man was close enough to 'maybe' get there.

ASHIPP

An exciting game last night that the Devils could and should have held on to but didn't. Apart from some pretty incomprehensible and appaulling calls (or non-calls in some cases , because the ref didn't see most of the cheap shots Nottingham were employing) by the ref, our d unit certainly did not live up to its reputation. 3 of those goals against the Devils illustrated poor positioning or no positioning from our defence. This left Lyle completely open, especially on the one-on-one dashes by Panthers on his goal. The odds are split either way whether Lyle could have saved those shots - fact is, he was left unprotected and unsupported. Panthers had already sussed Lyle's weakness and that was the top left and right hand corners of the net.
The Devils have produced and demonstrated the best squad they have in years this season - attacking, gritty and exciting. Some guys are putting in 200% every game and playing with real skill like Miller and Michel. The Devils are a joy to watch most of the time right now. But like I said earlier this month,they have to win all their home matches if they are struggling to win their away matches to stay in contention for a top 3 finish. To lose from being 2-0 up is a repitition of early season.
Nottingham and Belfast are proving they can win their away matches as well as those at home. And these are teams who have experienced match delays too.
Let's hope this can be turned around next weekend.

Gazza272

As a bump to this, did anyone have a refund for this game on their season ticket if they didnt attend?

I know people who bought regular tickets were offered a different game. Only reason i ask is that one season ticket holder i know went in today and was told they couldnt do anything about their season ticket due to the fact they didnt attend the game.

Which to be honest is one of the most bizzarre reasons i have ever heard of, i just wondered what happened to other season ticket holders.

Diafol

Taken from the CDSL page in last night's programme:

"Suffice to say this has never happened before, and frankly I hope it never happens again. I, along with quite a few, finally decided that it was simply too late to bring the 2 year old to a game. I'm glad to hear, from the comments made at the ST forum on Monday that the club is considering ways of transferring the ST to a non-ST game."

I hope so, because I made the same decision after turning up at the rink at 5.30 that evening.