***Devils v Panthers - Sun ****9PM**** - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Panthers - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

I thought they would do that to. But the kit must cost a fortune to fly, keeping the costs down would be ferry.... ;)
Nitra said:
RichardR said:
Its stupid that they dont fly the kit back with the players :x
I agree. I expect its costs loads in excess baggage though.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #22
Hey hey,

Due to the face off times being all over the shop, i'm looking for a couple of people to help out with texts for Match Night Live! tonight.

If anyone is going and can help, please either give me a pm, or give me a shout via text, my mobile number is 07891 933326.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

drainage

Sponge Bob said:
I doubt cancelling was ever a real option, the club are living hand to mouth at the moment and need the gate receipts. Even reduced attendance is better than a week without income. The best decision is probably to wave the 2 week ruling on a ST refund and offer those ST holders with younge kids a full refund for this game, bearing in mind a lot of ST holders & "on the night" had go home early or cancel last Sunday.
Sorry why only those with young kids ??? Granted its late for them but if you have a job that requires you to be up at 5 to travel to London the inconvenience is the same surely??? I had to miss half last weeks game and probably this weeks - its no ones fault and I appreciate the cost of excess baggage but weighed against the loss of ticket sales plus ST fans screaming for refunds and the very real possibilty that any game with Belfast in the weekend making people think twice am not sure the ferry option makes sense

drainage said:
Sponge Bob said:
I doubt cancelling was ever a real option, the club are living hand to mouth at the moment and need the gate receipts. Even reduced attendance is better than a week without income. The best decision is probably to wave the 2 week ruling on a ST refund and offer those ST holders with younge kids a full refund for this game, bearing in mind a lot of ST holders & "on the night" had go home early or cancel last Sunday.
Sorry why only those with young kids ??? Granted its late for them but if you have a job that requires you to be up at 5 to travel to London the inconvenience is the same surely??? I had to miss half last weeks game and probably this weeks - its no ones fault and I appreciate the cost of excess baggage but weighed against the loss of ticket sales plus ST fans screaming for refunds and the very real possibilty that any game with Belfast in the weekend making people think twice am not sure the ferry option makes sense
Your spot on it affects everyone. Just trying to state ST holders with kids will be the ones worst effected due to bedtimes and school the next day. Goes without saying the offer of a refund would have to be to all ST holders, but again I can see it will be the ST holders that will out of pocket, you show a commitment before the season starts but are then trapped into attending unreasonable face off times when things go wrong.

I very much doubt the club will offer a refund for ST holders tonight mainly due to current club finances.

kettdevil1

I very much doubt the club will offer a refund for ST holders tonight mainly due to current club finances.[/quote]

You keep mentioning this.... why?

In my experience the club has been absolutely brilliant in helping out if things like this happen.

drainage

Sponge Bob said:
drainage said:
Sponge Bob said:
Your spot on it affects everyone. Just trying to state ST holders with kids will be the ones worst effected due to bedtimes and school the next day. Goes without saying the offer of a refund would have to be to all ST holders, but again I can see it will be the ST holders that will out of pocket, you show a commitment before the season starts but are then trapped into attending unreasonable face off times when things go wrong.

I very much doubt the club will offer a refund for ST holders tonight mainly due to current club finances.
Sponge Bob - yes as stated young kids are impacted but to be honest reckon the cost of watching hockey would mean most people work for a living so my post was meant to point out prob 90% of fans caught in this one !! midnight on a school night is late (or maybe I am that old it seems it !!) for all ages

To be honest there will be lots of upset kids - at least parents know in advance not to take them doesnt stop the little ones being upset tho.

Sheincar

Weell I'm on a training course tomorrow so now I can't go to game & TBH yes I expect a refund from the club Their cost cutting measures have led to this situation and therefore they should reimburse us.

Sliput

Sheincar said:
Weell I'm on a training course tomorrow so now I can't go to game & TBH yes I expect a refund from the club Their cost cutting measures have led to this situation and therefore they should reimburse us.
Thats slightly unfair...the clubs ''cost cutting'' helps to pay the players week in week out. The club have been playing over in Belfast for a few years now and IIRC this is the first time this problem has happened. Would people have said the same if the Devils flight had been cancelled and they couldnt get home ?

I understand where you are coming from but to blame the club is, as i said ,slightly unfair.

Legally i dont think the club HAVE to give out a refund as the ticket is for a game this evening and the game is going ahead but as a goodwill gesture they could offer a ticket for another game or half the money of the ticket back.

Sliput

Sheincar said:
And my season ticket money helped them get the players in the first place.
That isnt the issue though is it...i was purely talking about what is and is not the clubs fault/beyond their control.

I cant see there being any refunds as the game is going ahead as awkwad as it is for everyone I beleive that is the crux of the thing, and to blame the club because of the mode of transport they used is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

We are living in the 21st Century so getting from A to B couldnt be easier, unfortunately the weather doesnt seem to bear this in mind!!!

Anyone in their right mind would look to doing things as cost effectively as possible, especially these days and as someone quite rightly pointed out in all the years we have played Belfast this is the first time things have gone pear shaped. Although to have it two weeks on the bounce is more than a bit of bad luck.

Diafol

cf38 said:
They are offering refunds or transfer of ticket to another game on normal tickets, don't know about season tickets.
Sheincar is spot on with this one, if they end up giving refunds to everyone except ST holders then this is the last family ST I will buy.

Sliput

Diafol said:
cf38 said:
They are offering refunds or transfer of ticket to another game on normal tickets, don't know about season tickets.
Sheincar is spot on with this one, if they end up giving refunds to everyone except ST holders then this is the last family ST I will buy.
So from someone posting ''Dont know about season tickets'' you are presuming that the club are not going to refund you , so therefore you are threatening to not buy a season ticket next season :?

Unbelievable !

It winds me up when people get on the band waggon demanding this and that etc - it's some bad luck that has led to the delay, sometimes things happen...yes I can fully appreciate that it is gonna affect people, it is far from ideal - but I fail to see what the club could or should have done to prevent this from happening.

The club is not made of money, so should be praised for making savings wherever they can so we CAN actually have a decent team on the ice this season.

They should not be expected to give a refund on tonights game cos the game is still going ahead - I think they have gone beyond what was required with the offers of refunds etc - but this has been done to keep the good will - but still some fans are not happy.

I have long known that Devils fans have been the "moaniest" (is that a word??? sounds good to me anyway) fans in the league, but they still surprise me how they find new things to whinge about.

Like I said, tonights late face off is not ideal - and I do very much appreciate that it can affect some more than others - but can we stop the moaning for moaning sake...it is a situation that could not be helped, but c'mon, there are a lot worst things that could have happened...

Diafol

OK maybe it could have been worded better, but I did say "IF" they don't offer a refund.

Maybe I'll take another hour's drive down and end up going on my own, I still have 45 minutes to decide :eek: