***Devils v Panthers - Sun ****9PM**** - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be definitely running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl incase you can't make it to the game, or you just hate Coach Corey that much...

Hopefully the Devils will have picked up a win in Belfast the night before, but we're likely to still be down Mark smith for this game, whilst Panthers are at full strength with their new import signing.

Chris.

Re: Devils v Panthers - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Anyone know what flight Cardiff are getting back today - the ones to Birmingham / Bristol / Cardiff from Belfast all seem to be cutting it fine if there's a delay - just wondering because I don't fancy sitting in the rink for 3 hours like last week.

If anyone's got any info on their progress, then please let us know

Kipper

ledgend777 said:
Anyone know what flight Cardiff are getting back today - the ones to Birmingham / Bristol / Cardiff from Belfast all seem to be cutting it fine if there's a delay - just wondering because I don't fancy sitting in the rink for 3 hours like last week.

If anyone's got any info on their progress, then please let us know
The players will be back but their kit may not be. I've been told that face off is unlikely to be before 8.30pm but please don't accept this as official.

wow, going to be some very pee'd off fans tonight if they have to sit around for hours for the second week in a row, is this going to happen every time a weekend involves belfast :?

Finny

It would be good if there was something official about a delayed face off tonight. Especially as Doctor Who is on at 7pm........... :ugeek:

august04

Well, if Kipper's info is correct, I hope that the club issue a statement very soon on the website and let people know about any delay. Sitting around for another 2 hours (maybe more) before the game isn't very appealing. An 8.30 face off when kids have to go to school the following morning is ridiculous.

august04

Just seen this on the Cage forum, shamelessly copied. Have no idea about its accuracy but supports Kipper's earlier post.

"There are problems with tonights fixture.
Cardiff's kit guy and their kit is on a ferry bound for Holyhead that will not dock til 3.30pm.
He is not expected at Cardiff til at least 8.30pm
Earliest cardiff envisage being able to face off is 9pm but they may way cancel the game instead.

This info was given to me over the phone by the General manager at Cardiff at 11.10am".

The wifes not impressed - she has to be up at 5.45am tomorrow so a 8.30pm face-off is no good. Surely a 2 and a half hour delay should mean people should be rufunded if they then can't make it.

I may be going on my own :cry:

Anyway - lets hope for something official soon.

Thank God for the Inferno
Just about to jump into the car with the family, but had a quick look at the fourm first to find that the game is delayed or CANCELD,
just phone the tent maybe a 21:00 start or it will be canceld decision it 14:00
this is not good as i now have a unhappy kids and a 21:00 start is to late to travel back to Aberystwyth for school in the morning
well un happy
keith
aberystwyth
:evil:

Euuuughhh... Belfast late last week, now this :p

Can't we just axe them from the league?

Only joking, a bit harsh. I think Belfast have been an entertaining team this year, you kinda love to hate them. It's just a shame Belfast is a plane/ferry ride away :/

This is an important game after last nights loss in terms on of the title race, if Nottingham beat us they'll be quite far ahead. Still aggges to go I know, but we need to keep winning at home, even against top teams.

James

Administrator

RichardR said:
Its stupid that they dont fly the kit back with the players :x
I'd guess it takes a lot of money whereas shipping it all over on a ferry is cheap

steve

From PI direct just now. Game will be on at 9pm! Apparently! They are phoning around now, ST holders i guess.

Not sure if this is the correct call.

Gaz G

As has been said elsewhere, whatever happens it will upset different people. For me it's best to get the game played today as re arranging it will be difficult for all involved.

I doubt cancelling was ever a real option, the club are living hand to mouth at the moment and need the gate receipts. Even reduced attendance is better than a week without income. The best decision is probably to wave the 2 week ruling on a ST refund and offer those ST holders with younge kids a full refund for this game, bearing in mind a lot of ST holders & "on the night" had go home early or cancel last Sunday.

To be honest its not fair on the Panthers as well, who have to travel all the way dawn, and find its not on or have 2 hour delay, :|
This happened last weekend as well when Belfast came dawn, its going to be well gutted if there is no match, people have been looking forward to this game, :) xx

Yeah have to agree with you, its not fair them travelling all the way down and last week was the same.. alot of ppl were not happy with the outcome. but suppose these things happen. ;)
Cerrys-x said:
To be honest its not fair on the Panthers as well, who have to travel all the way dawn, and find its not on or have 2 hour delay, :|
This happened last weekend as well when Belfast came dawn, its going to be well gutted if there is no match, people have been looking forward to this game, :) xx