DEVILS v Giants - Sat 25 (FO 7pm) & Sun 26 (FO 6pm) Mar 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

Good grief I used to enjoy coming on here but after last night not sure I will be coming back. If these people and they know who I am talking about they should be praising a team who have won 3 out of 4 trophies and are focused on the 4th. They didn't need to prove anything last night and if I'm being honest we could have served some retribution but at what cost - injuries or possibly bans. Thankfully we didn't and are in good shape for the playoffs. Some people on here should grow up and focus on the bigger picture and maybe support their team who are working their butts off to get the grand slam for TRUE DEVILS FANS

Ocko

Easiest way to get a free pint tonight; find Finny, talk like you didn't spend a day in school, tell him a bizarre theory of how the game went, insult a few players and finally claim to be one of Electro's new usernames. Easiest free pint you'll ever get.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Easiest way to get a free pint tonight; find Finny, talk like you didn't spent a day in school, tell him a bizarre theory of how the game went, insult a few players and finally claim to be one of Electro's new usernames. Easiest free pint you'll ever get.
Lord should be sacked, the playoffs is the only trophy that matters and Paul Regan really understood what it took to run a club. These Canadiens have no idea.......
Mines a Heineken please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am both hoping and expecting a different Belfast team to turn up tonight. Whilst last night wasn't a block buster, l enjoyed it, as did others l spoke too. I agree that last night the Devils focus was rightly intent on winning without collecting unnecessary penalties or injuries, tonight Belfast may use that advantage.

Chris

Administrator
I really can't find the time or effort to bother trying to edit this thread, but @Benti'sTash85 if you could stop posting like an idiot that would be appreciated. We can see the posts that you've helpfully already removed, but offering out users of the forum and continuing to post swear word laden posts isn't going to help.

Otherwise, if a couple of you could stop back seat moderating that would also be nice. For everyone else, we're aware there's a couple of accounts which are causing problems. We're onto it, at least when either of us have time to have a look into it and decide which ones to remove. Or if the users want to approach us and tell us which one they'd prefer to keep that would save us both some trouble.

So back to last nights game, and then tonights game from here on in...

august04

Back to the games. Well, that was dire tonight. I realise that there's a bigger picture but to go into that game missing so many key players, combined with a pretty poor effort all round, shortchanged 3000 plus fans tonight. We've had a weekend of half paced hockey - heading into the playoffs against a team who are in effect, already playing play off hockey, having been fighting for their lives. That's not ideal preparation for me.

Vartel

tonights game was a bit of a waste of time. Devils threw a few hits but seemed to lack all intensity for most of the game.

The situation with the called off goal was silly. the goal judge tuerred on the light, the devils start celebrating, the ref waves off the goal, then the giants score on the ensuing breakaway. Surely play should have been called dead as soon as the goal judge turned on her light, even if it was turned off within a few seconds. From where i was sat in Block 3 behind the goal, it looked like it went in and was pulled out by Murphy

kingmo19.1

Jeez !!!!! .... This Forum is getting painful! ..... I couldn't make the game tonight so thought I'd catch up and read through the summarised view of the game/player performances via this thread (as per it's title)! ... Suffice to say, the ongoing bitching, moaning, accusations, sarcastic commentaries in response to meaningless tripe is getting way over the top!

Mods - Would it be possible to create a thread - something like 'Meaningless Trivialities' or 'Venting space for Queens' so that the 'fans' that repeatedly fall into this category can then disappear into their old little world and allow the rest of us to read about what we came here for in the first place!

Tonight was nothing short of a scandal. Resting your best players was not only disrespectful to the Giants but it made us look like the worse team in our beer league tonight.

I hope this gets investigated because the team sheet looked like we handed 2 points to the Giants before face off.

matbur

Clearly playing with an eye on playoffs after long hard season; not great from a spectator's point of view but no big deal.

I thought Murdy did make some good saves but also thought his positioning was questionable at times. Anyone else agree?

Zone entries weren't great tonight but with Hotham and Martin scratched, that's understandable.

I think the side have more than earned the right to take their foot off the gas going into the playoffs after the season they've had.

These are pros and winners. They'll pick it back up next week.

Finny

You can understand some fans being annoyed at today's game, especially non-season ticket holders who paid for tonight.

But Lord's job is to win us trophies, and he's got us 3 already this season. If resting key players who have slight injuries is what it takes to get us that 4th then that's fine by me.

august04

Clearly playing with an eye on playoffs after long hard season; not great from a spectator's point of view but no big deal.
I disagree, the paying public deserved better than the line up and effort put in tonight. I heard a couple of groups of newbies after the game during my walk back to the car, saying that they wouldn't bother again it was so poor. That's just shooting yourself in the foot. I haven't been disappointed in this team for quite some time but that was just pathetic tonight. We let ourselves down I'm afraid.

Johnnybravo1927

I disagree, the paying public deserved better than the line up and effort put in tonight. I heard a couple of groups of newbies after the game during my walk back to the car, saying

that they wouldn't bother again it was so poor. That's just shooting yourself in the foot. I haven't been disappointed in this team for quite some time but that was just pathetic tonight. We let ourselves down I'm afraid.
I agree to an extent but we only lost by 2 goals (1 an ENG) to the team thats finished 2nd and we had 5 players rested. I see the point in resting players to prevent potential injuries in a meaningless game but we still hardly iced Jones or Piggott much more than usual and tonight was the perfect time to utilise them

matbur

They've just won the league and cup, that should tell any newbie about this team's ability and character.

There's a bigger picture to this than just a half arsed performance from a depleted team.

Imagine a player got injured tonight in a meaningless game, Andrew Lord would be ridiculed. Also quite feasible that those players rested might well have been playing recently whilst carrying injuries.