DEVILS v Giants - Sat 25 (FO 7pm) & Sun 26 (FO 6pm) Mar 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

Devil_Abroad

That was the most boring and least physical game I have ever watched! After the last Belfast away game with Vandameer punching Fournier on the floor after the whistle, tonight was a great opportunity to set the record straight and get some pay back! Batch should be ashamed, what has happened to him this year? Never looks bothered and his getting out muscled by Rutherford for gods sake! Same for Bordy, fuck the instigator penalty he should of caved the homeless bums Martnelli's face in! Also everyone seemed shit scared of Nickerson tonight, he could of got his dick out and dragged his balls across the Devils logo and we would of congratulated him on how good a job he did at it! Shambles, get Hendo back! At least he stuck up for people.
Please don't use foul language, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

There was a strange atmosphere in the building tonight. Obviously there's a tremendous feel good factor around the club at the moment and we've won numerous trophies. Yet Todd, clearly sensing the subdued mood, was eventually forced to ask for more noise from the crowd. I don't think the crowd can be blamed though - that was an incredibly boring game. Both teams were clearly in 'charity match' mode and it really was a poor spectacle. Some players, for example, Louis and Lord had shockers compared to their normal performances. I guess the players are trying to prevent themselves getting any injuries before the play offs but it's not a good idea for them to become too used to this half-hearted hockey because going from that to 100% play off hockey is not an easy transition to make. I was there when we were not just beaten, but absolutely humiliated, at the play offs last year and I don't want to see a repeat this year because the team haven't kept their normal intensity up.

I was also in Belfast for the double header and I'm amazed nobody tried to sort a few things out after what happened at the end of the second match. Vandermeer should have been reminded that he can't get away with what he did to Fournier; I have no idea why our players seemed scared of Nickerson; and with the league wrapped up, tonight would have been a good idea to let Walser know what we thought of his actions. The Devils have had an extremely successful season but there's no doubt that the team has very little toughness. I watch plenty of NHL these days and even with the reduction in the number of fights over the last 10 years, players aren't afraid to step in when something unacceptable happens, especially if a key player has been targeted (as we've seen with Martin and A. Hotham this season). I bet Martinelli couldn't believe his luck when nobody made him pay for what he did tonight - then again, if he's watched the Devils this season, he shouldn't be surprised at the lack of retribution. It can't all be down to Bordy - but Louis has only seemed interested in the physical stuff on occasions and as for Batch, he's not seemed interest at all.

As a side point, Terry Hunt, please stop accusing every new member of being a different person. I possibly don't see all of your posts but literally the only ones I see, you're accusing members of being certain people. Very often, you're accusing the same member of being a different person each time! Either start contributing, and stop trolling, or just get off the forum.
Not sure why people think that because we didn't start fights for the sake of it then the players must be scared of them? The guys needed a point for the Conference, played just well enough to clinch two. Job done, no injuries, gear up for Playoffs.

Funniest thing tonight was A Hotham skating off at the end of the second poking Nickerson from behind. The look and yapping that followed was hilarious as Hotham skated past and into the dressing room.

Not sure why people think that because we didn't start fights for the sake of it then the players must be scared of them? The guys needed a point for the Conference, played just well enough to clinch two. Job done, no injuries, gear up for Playoffs.

Funniest thing tonight was A Hotham skating off at the end of the second poking Nickerson from behind. The look and yapping that followed was hilarious as Hotham skated past and into the dressing room.

Wouldn't of been for the sake of it though!

RTfarty

That was the most boring and least physical game I have ever watched! After the last Belfast away game with Vandameer punching Fournier on the floor after the whistle, tonight was a great opportunity to set the record straight and get some pay back! Batch should be ashamed, what has happened to him this year? Never looks bothered and his getting out muscled by Rutherford for gods sake! Same for Bordy, fuck the instigator penalty he should of caved the homeless bums Martnelli's face in! Also everyone seemed shit scared of Nickerson tonight, he could of got his dick out and dragged his balls across the Devils logo and we would of congratulated him on how good a job he did at it! Shambles, get Hendo back! At least he stuck up for people.
The "I only watch hockey for fights and violence" starter pack here ladies and gentleman.

The "I only watch hockey for fights and violence" starter pack here ladies and gentleman.
I've been watching hockey for 19 years, that's enough to show I don't just watch it for the fights! Do I like fighting? Yes. Do I think tonight was the perfect moment to get some revenge back? Yes!
I'm well aware there's certain times when to go and when not to, but as this was basically a nothing game for us as no one cares about the conference so was a great time to end the season on a high!

RTfarty

I've been watching hockey for 19 years, that's enough to show I don't just watch it for the fights! Do I like fighting? Yes. Do I think tonight was the perfect moment to get some revenge back? Yes!
I'm well aware there's certain times when to go and when not to, but as this was basically a nothing game for us as no one cares about the conference so was a great time to end the season on a high!
A nothing game before the playoffs begin is the perfect time for a gong show? Sure..

Devil_Abroad

Maybe the players wanted a grand slam?

A nothing game before the playoffs begin is the perfect time for a gong show? Sure..
We certainly won't do it in the play offs, so yes it was a perfect time to actually stick up for our star payers for once!

Everyone on here always seems to think it's never a good time for a fight! Bowns has been ran numerous times this season, A. Hotham has been targeted a lot and so have many others yet we continue to do nothing about it! Klotz or Big Ern wouldn't stand for it!

Yes, sorry, poor response. A few of them (Vandermeer, Riley, Martinelli) took liberties at the end of the last game and the guys could have retaliated tonight but they chose to win another trophy. I'll go with that.

Ok then now we have the conference trophy as well that makes tomorrow a truly nothing game, so surely the players you mentioned should get dealt with accordingly? Or is everyone going to go back to saying "it's not the right time"

JC23

Perfect time for us to go out and beat the crap out of players, and give the EIHL DOPES a chance to ban a bunch of our players when we're heading into playoffs for our fourth cup of the season...of course.

Just going by the decisions DOPS have made this year, we'd have ended up with half our team banned. o_O

Ok then now we have the conference trophy as well that makes tomorrow a truly nothing game, so surely the players you mentioned should get dealt with accordingly? Or is everyone going to go back to saying "it's not the right time"
Lord won't get sports personality of the year for fighting, he's got bordy on an extender leash....batch couldn't care less....it's a case of no one gives a shit

Perfect time for us to go out and beat the crap out of players, and give the EIHL DOPES a chance to ban a bunch of our players when we're heading into playoffs for our fourth cup of the season...of course.

Just going by the decisions DOPS have made this year, we'd have ended up with half our team banned. o_O
Not sure why everyone on this forum thinks players will get banned for fighting! Rarely does a player get banned for fighting unless it's in the last two minutes, just Devils fans trying to make up excuses to pave over the fact no one on that team has the testicles to stick up for their team mates

voth26

Really I suggest you take a leave of absence from here if you can't post properly and with out the foul language, I'm beginning to think your either a banned person or possibly a disgruntled ex employee of the Devils who can't keep a civil tongue

Really I suggest you take a leave of absence from here if you can't post properly and with out the foul language, I'm beginning to think your either a banned person or possibly a disgruntled ex employee of the Devils who can't keep a civil tongue
Voth26 piping up again. I'm either Electro or an ex employee, who will I be next, Voth26?

voth26

Lord won't get sports personality of the year for fighting, he's got bordy on an extender leash....batch couldn't care less....it's a case of no one gives a shit
Sounds like you have an axe to grind with the Devils, so maybe the two of you have a hidden agenda with the rubbish you both post.