Devils @ Giants - November 2nd & 3rd - Chat / Updates

Chris

Administrator
Awesome stuff :D I was expecting 0 points from this weekend, so to take 2 from tonight is excellent!
Finny said:
I can no longer work out what to expect. After the performances v Fife and Coventry followed by news that Szwez and Keefe were out, I was confident of winning the first game 'comfortably'. Then after the 2nd and 3rd periods v Hull I thought we'd get hammered.
I thought the result tonight might be closer with the players the Giants are missing, but after the call on Conboy I thought we were about to get a proper beating!

I don't want to risk being set on fire by picking a side in the coaching debacle, but from an entertainment point of view and wanting to watch some good hockey, tonights victory is good news.

Gazza272

Get in.

Great result.

I believe looking at the conboy video it seems the Giants player and bench are indicating a fish hook at the mouth maybe? But from darnells position there is no way he could see it and the Linos were trying to break others up.

It's a stitch up pure and simple to keep conboy out of the game tomorrow when Keefe returns.

Zack Kassian said:
Well done pope!!

Proving people wrong and that's why he needs a fair chance like Adams had for god knows how many years!

Loads of people said we will get hammered tonight and we have held our own.

Well done to him and the team :)

second that far to many people assume the players would prefer gerad to pope behind the bench! :RAWK big shout out for tyson lord lacosta

In a few weeks time I may give credit to Pope for a win, at this point I think it should be chalked down to the players... well done guys.

Slartibartfast

Some of the fans may be demoralised but this team is not

For all the talk of players wanting to leave, this did not look like a demoralised team to me.
The Devils worked their butts off tonight, put their bodies on the line and thoroughly deserved this win against a very strong Belfast team.
They killed off a 5 minute penalty after Conboy was thrown out including 2.12 of 5 on 3.
The powerplay was much improved, the PK was outstanding but heres a couple of special mentions
Dan Lacosta. The NHL goalie has arrived.
Tyson Marsh - Didn't think he couldn't get much better but tonight he did.
Andrew Lord - Absolute workhorse
Richie - As solid as ever
Piggot - Awesome first goal
But the whole team worked for this win.
Best game I have seen all season.

Well done to the players especially Lord he looks like he wants to win and is pulling the rest of the team with him.
No credit due to Pope still a Worm

Re: Some of the fans may be demoralised but this team is not

Slartibartfast said:
For all the talk of players wanting to leave, this did not look like a demoralised team to me.
The Devils worked their butts off tonight, put their bodies on the line and thoroughly deserved this win against a very strong Belfast team.
They killed off a 5 minute penalty after Conboy was thrown out including 2.12 of 5 on 3.
The powerplay was much improved, the PK was outstanding but heres a couple of special mentions
+1

really pleased for the team :)

nmase20 said:
In a few weeks time I may give credit to Pope for a win, at this point I think it should be chalked down to the players... well done guys.
pope was in a no win situation then? in a manner of speaking of course, because pope is now 2 wins out of 2. it was a great show by all devils players and tactics were spot on. well done pope, the team and the club.

Awesome game, Wasn't expecting anything from this weekend, 100% effort and penalty kill was fantastic. Both the team and Pope deserve credit for this, Hopefully we can get something from tomorrow too! :Banana With regards to the Conboy incident,The only thing I can think of is he may have gouged Mason,Pretty crazy call though!

discountedawaytravel said:
nmase20 said:
pope was in a no win situation then? in a manner of speaking of course, because pope is now 2 wins out of 2. it was a great show by all devils players and tactics were spot on. well done pope, the team and the club.
Yes, he's been in the position for a week, I don't believe he can do enough in that week to seriously influence the outcome. In a few weeks if the results continue, then I will give him credit for that. At this point I think a turn around in results needs to be credited to the team.

MC7

nmase20 said:
discountedawaytravel said:
nmase20 said:
Yes, he's been in the position for a week, I don't believe he can do enough in that week to seriously influence the outcome. In a few weeks if the results continue, then I will give him credit for that. At this point I think a turn around in results needs to be credited to the team.
So Brent Pope has been on the bench for five games and the Devils have won four of them. Hmmmm.........

Sheincar

Re: Some of the fans may be demoralised but this team is not

Slartibartfast said:
How was the PP improved? Tonight we were 0 from 6. Fortunately Giants were even worse at 0 from 9.

rolf said:
Conboy penalty.

1 This league is corrupt and Darnell must have been paid to make this call.

2 Conboy is a tool for giving him the chance to.
Agree with your first point, well cash is a bit strong but pressures from above deffo. How convenient. With cheap shot Keefe back tomorrow.
Your second point is way off the mark. Conboy only needed to go close to a Giant and he would have been ejected. Voth all over again. Far from being a tool, I think he has contributed well on every shift on coming back from suspension.
Brilliant job Guys! Same again tomorrow please!

Will be a tough game tomorrow, first 2 lines iced a lot tonight, young Brits got a few shifts, so there will be tired guys tomorrow and Giants have Cheapshot and Swez back and Lloyd being the usual clown