Devils fans don't turn!!!!!!

wildthing74

Nott Simpson said:
I'll use my favourite word - pathetic.

This bickering could be the end of MNL as I am not prepared to act as editor of comments texted to me by fans whose dedication to Devils , MNL should be admired.

Can you imagine the time delay if I had to consider whether a text is likely to upset a particular Devils fan.

OJ
Well said OJ.I think I know who sent to text that seemed to inflame a small minority of fans back home(the one about the papers)and I have to say that person was very much behind the team all weekend but I'm sure merely saw it as an innocent text that was reporting what was happening.That I thought is what MNL is all about so if we as fans aren't at a game we get a feel for what is going on.
I'm sure there was no mallice on their part and like us all would be shocked that it has been taken so out of context.
With regards to fans in Scotland being upset about what was said there were 2 or 3 who felt targeted by certain people back home.The comments were made on FB but supposedly as a result of the one comment about the papers that was texted to MNL.I can't comment on the whos and whys as even though I know all those involved I do not have the fans involved on my FB so was not party to any exchanges that took place but was able to hear all the unrest that this caused.
Bottom line is that it was a joke by a few people that has been taken the wrong way by some and maybe both the fans at home and who were there got embroiled in chinese whispers and both sides have not been given a true account of what happened or what has been said at home.

ASHIPP

jwave said:
Praise them when they do well, slate them when they don't. Simple really .
I fully appreciate that is your opinion Zed but have you considered the effect that has on the team moral.
Now i'm no proffesional sports man :roll: but iv'e been involved in team ethics for most of my 40 odd years. If the team have played/performed badly or are playing badly on a regular basis they know it, they know it all too well. Having their fan base turn on them is only going to have a negative effect on the performance.

Now if you ment slate them amongst your mates and fellow hockey fans,.......... what ever floats your boat, thats up to you.

However, IMHO to give on mass public displays of disapointment/anger just before a face off will only serve to demoralise the team and hey presto
:arrow: another poor performance. Bit of a catch 22 eh. :eek:
Get behind the lads prior to and during every game and it can only lift the team.The players would surely expect that too I reckon.
;) Like I say just an opinion.
Some of this is a bit unfair. :x We DO support the team....you only have to look at the number of travelling fans to see that. Add to that the fantastic atmosphere at the BBT for home games...no team could fail to be lifted by that noise. But we are only human too...and have a right to get as angry and frustrated as the team do when things don't go well. The anger is not meant to be vitriolic (if you want something that negative, I refer you to the Panthers' fans forum! :lol: ). The Devils have had a truly fantastic winning streak recently and they have worked incredibly hard to get where they are. It would be a tragedy for all that to slip away. Fans can't and don't expect the guys to win every game - some teams do occassionally play better hockey!

But we will be there on Wednesday, Saturday and every game after, giving it everything in the crowd -let's cheer on the guys giving it everything on the ice. The Devils know, if they stay focused, they have the capability to do it. :cool:

drainage

Bob the Driver said:
Just a few FACTS about the drivers hours. He can only work a MAXIMUM of 15 hours a day not drive 15 hours a day. We left Caerphilly at 7.00am promptly. We had a 45 minute break after 4 1/2 hours (legal requirement). We got into the hotel with minutes to spare on the remaining 4 1/2 hours. We left for the rink at 5.45 but the driver HAD to be back at the Hotel by 10.00pm to be off the road as his 15 hours were up. As the Face off was 7.30 there was no way that he could wait until the end of the game. Some fans did leave because they had to catch the bus, some went out of the rink in disappointment and some stayed until the end. These are the FACTS behind the driver having to leave the rink. No game of hockey is worth someone losing their job by doing something they know they should not be doing.

ps we still had a great weekend.
FACT - we had a great weekend in Scotland !!! Great bunch of people to travel with and once again Bobs Tours delivered a great experience with some fantastic laughs ..... Or should we know call it Disco Bobs Tours !!!

Cheers Bob great job once again

ASHIPP said:
Some of this is a bit unfair. :x We DO support the team....you only have to look at the number of travelling fans to see that. Add to that the fantastic atmosphere at the BBT for home games...no team could fail to be lifted by that noise. But we are only human too...and have a right to get as angry and frustrated as the team do when things don't go well. The anger is not meant to be vitriolic (if you want something that negative, I refer you to the Panthers' fans forum! :lol: ). The Devils have had a truly fantastic winning streak recently and they have worked incredibly hard to get where they are. It would be a tragedy for all that to slip away. Fans can't and don't expect the guys to win every game - some teams do occassionally play better hockey!

But we will be there on Wednesday, Saturday and every game after, giving it everything in the crowd -let's cheer on the guys giving it everything on the ice. The Devils know, if they stay focused, they have the capability to do it. :cool:
Fantastic post !!! :D :D

A

Anonymous

jwave said:
Praise them when they do well, slate them when they don't. Simple really .
I fully appreciate that is your opinion Zed but have you considered the effect that has on the team moral.
Now i'm no proffesional sports man :roll: but iv'e been involved in team ethics for most of my 40 odd years. If the team have played/performed badly or are playing badly on a regular basis they know it, they know it all too well. Having their fan base turn on them is only going to have a negative effect on the performance.

Now if you ment slate them amongst your mates and fellow hockey fans,.......... what ever floats your boat, thats up to you.

However, IMHO to give on mass public displays of disapointment/anger just before a face off will only serve to demoralise the team and hey presto
:arrow: another poor performance. Bit of a catch 22 eh. :eek:
Get behind the lads prior to and during every game and it can only lift the team.The players would surely expect that too I reckon.
;) Like I say just an opinion.

Cheers for pointing that out JWAVE. When I say slate them I mean amongst your mates, in the work place etc. I personally would never heckle them prior to face-off, never! I couldn't do that if I wanted too. Yes we are all paying fans and have a right to an opinion, providing that doesn't go too far.

I also believe that as a pro sportsman, criticism should drive you on and make you perform 110% next time round. In any job or profession, if you not pulling your weight then you need to be told, in a constructive way!

As I said prior, showing emotion shows your passionate about the team. If losing to the Clan 7-1 we all had of said "not to worry, its only a game" then I'd be worried !!