Devils fans don't turn!!!!!!

Finny said:
I'll probably regret posting this.....but......

does anyone find it rather odd that it's ok to criticise and slate the players on the forum. But as soon as people question the actions of fans - then that is totally out of order?

Why?
And that is a genuine question. I just hope I have worded it correctly.

Yes it is because we pay hard earned money to watch them.

wildthing74

Finny said:

does anyone find it rather odd that it's ok to criticise and slate the players on the forum. But as soon as people question the actions of fans - then that is totally out of order?

Why?
Who been criticsing and slating the players if thats directed at me?

Finny

wildthing74 said:
Certainly not directed at you. Nor am I criticising the actions of anyone who went up to Scotland and had to watch what was by all accounts a shocking display on Friday.

Whilst you were away though we had a lot of angry threads criticising players and coaches. A lot of people said that criticism was allowed as they are professional players.
Then we had people criticising some of the fans actions up in Scotland. However, that doesn't seem to be allowed.

I'm simply trying to start a debate as to why it seems to be ok to criticise players action, but not fans. After all both sides are just human in the end. With the obvious exception of Tylor Michel who is probably a cyborg.

(Btw most of those threads were probably deleted as they got out of control)

DevilDom

Finny said:

Why?
Who said it was out of order? I think a few people who were actually there and witnessed the event are amazed at how much has been made of it by people that weren't.

Personally I couldn't give a monkies what people think of me or my son for leaving early to catch a coach that was going to leave me in a place where I had no idea of where to get a taxi from or how much it was going to cost or for anything else that happened during the weekend for that matter. I pay my money I make own mind up and provided I don't break any rules don't see why anyone should tell me how I should or should not act.

Finny said:
wildthing74 said:
Certainly not directed at you. Nor am I criticising the actions of anyone who went up to Scotland and had to watch what was by all accounts a shocking display on Friday.

Whilst you were away though we had a lot of angry threads criticising players and coaches. A lot of people said that criticism was allowed as they are professional players.
Then we had people criticising some of the fans actions up in Scotland. However, that doesn't seem to be allowed.

I'm simply trying to start a debate as to why it seems to be ok to criticise players action, but not fans. After all both sides are just human in the end. With the obvious exception of Tylor Michel who is probably a cyborg.

(Btw most of those threads were probably deleted as they got out of control)

Of course it is okay to have a go at them, if they let me watch for free then I wouldn't have a complaint. I can't believe your question is so naive

wildthing74

Budgie said:
Why did a contracted bus have to lerave early?
You know them tacko(however you spell it) hours and all that.Even though Bob planned it all it would have been illegal to drive after 10pm and he was gone by 9.43.I guess the guy could not take a chance just a shame how it worked out and one of those things.
Worst bit was the Clan fans giving us the "cheerio" en masse no doubt assuming we had seen enough when in fact it was forced on us :lol:.Oh well I'm good with faces and a memory like an elephant so next time I'll do a conga around the rink passed them when we beat them out of sight!

Budgie said:
DevilDom said:
Budgie said:
Why did a contracted bus have to lerave early?
The driver has limited number of hours he can drive in anyone day. He also has to have a 1 hour break every 4 hours.
If you were at the game he would have had at least a 3hr break! :shock:
Pedantic, it was actually to do with the number of hours he drove in one day. I don't know the law but I'm fairly sure he did.

DevilDom

Budgie said:
But he has only a certain number of hours he can drive in any one day as well. Well that is what we were told anyway.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what the fuss is about with people leaving the match early. Whether or not it was because they had to because of transport problems, or because they couldn't bear to watch any longer - surely it's their prerogative? Are these critics saying they have never left the cinema before the film has ended? Or a play? Have they never left a party because they weren't enjoying themselves :?:

And as for people suggesting some people are not 'fans' for various reasons, or certain people aren't behaving the way fans 'should' - who died and made them God? Surely a fan is someone who cares about a team and follows (in whatever way they choose) their progress? And as far as I can see that's all anyone has done. Whilst the whole newspaper stunt is not really my bag, I'm certainly not goin to say it's wrong. They had a point to make and they made it, in a playful and non-threatening way. It's not like they were chanting racial abuse or throwing bottles at the team. A little perspective please!

Please let's stop this petty bickering between ourselves and club together to support the team we all love? (excuse the cheese :lol: )

DevilDom said:
Budgie said:
But he has only a certain number of hours he can drive in any one day as well. Well that is what we were told anyway.
Yes this i right he can drive 4 and 1/2 hrs then needs a 45 min taco break, he can drive another 4.5 hrs and needs another taco break and twice in 14 day period (I believe) he can extend his driving hours another hour, so in this case he was right to do this.
Mark

Just a few FACTS about the drivers hours. He can only work a MAXIMUM of 15 hours a day not drive 15 hours a day. We left Caerphilly at 7.00am promptly. We had a 45 minute break after 4 1/2 hours (legal requirement). We got into the hotel with minutes to spare on the remaining 4 1/2 hours. We left for the rink at 5.45 but the driver HAD to be back at the Hotel by 10.00pm to be off the road as his 15 hours were up. As the Face off was 7.30 there was no way that he could wait until the end of the game. Some fans did leave because they had to catch the bus, some went out of the rink in disappointment and some stayed until the end. These are the FACTS behind the driver having to leave the rink. No game of hockey is worth someone losing their job by doing something they know they should not be doing.

ps we still had a great weekend.

I'll use my favourite word - pathetic.

This bickering could be the end of MNL as I am not prepared to act as editor of comments texted to me by fans whose dedication to Devils , MNL should be admired.

Can you imagine the time delay if I had to consider whether a text is likely to upset a particular Devils fan.

OJ

Finny

I didn't think there was anything on MNL that upset anyone?

I thought it was comments on here and facebook that got some people so upset?