Devils fans don't turn!!!!!!

jwave

Thread starter #1
Just for the record the traveling red army did not shun the devils when they iced against the caps.
I've just heard from a good mate who was at the game and the fans are 100% behind our lads and not at all happy about what has been said. It was reported on MNL that the devils came out to a rather cold reception with our fans being "more interested in their papers"
This it appears is rubbish :evil: and the work of a very small minority,total number of 5 from what I understan.

I always thought being a fan of any team no matter what sport meant sticking with them through thick and thin.
When we were on our winning streak the world and their dogs wanted to be devils fans, now we hit a low spot and the plastic population start bitching and moaning. Get a life people. Either stay at home and just read about your team on the net and talk the talk with your mates down the pub or be a true fan and get behind our lads at all times, win or loose.

It's right now the boys need our support like they got from 99% of the traveling red army tonight.

A

Anonymous

As much as I agree IMHO its fans showing their passion. When we lose it hurts. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan to be fair.
I was cursing them Friday night, I was also close to tears! :oops:

Jwave I don't know where you got your information from but I only report what is texted to me and my understanding is that the Devils fans did the old newspaper routine.

I would add that I had a few irate texts from my game texters who were annoyed about some of the comments made by stay at home fans about them.

Texters themselves log into the Forum and MNL as they watch the games.

OJ

PS

I am sure they will speak for themselves when they get back from Scotland

Before this turns into ''How dare you protest'' to ''I paid all my money'' etc....

PLEASE remember we all think differentlyabout lots of things and to start having a go at each other on here is not going to change anything and will just cause the mods to spend their own time cleaning up and sorting out a thread that really doesnt need to get out of hand.

Because someone has been supporting the Devils since Day one does not make them more of a fan that has been watching for 2 years.

Because someone wasnt happy with what apparently happened tonight involving newspapers does not make them more/less entitled to an opinion of why it happened etc.....same goes for people who were at the weekend, their opinion is just as valid as everone elses.

No-one can 'tar' anyone with a specific brush...we are all different we all has a unique perspective on what G,the team,the fans should/should not be doing.

What i suppose i am trying to say is PLEASE PLEASE do not descend into catcalling and unwanted nastiness between us all....its really not worth it.

And no, i wasnt in Scotland......but i was in Belfast so i cant be labelled ''one of those'' :lol:

PLEASE think before you type.

Go Devils !!!!

jwave

Thread starter #8
Nott Simpson said:
Jwave I don't know where you got your information from but I only report what is texted to me and my understanding is that the Devils fans did the old newspaper routine.

I would add that I had a few irate texts from my game texters who were annoyed about some of the comments made by stay at home fans about them.

Texters themselves log into the Forum and MNL as they watch the games.

OJ

PS

I am sure they will speak for themselves when they get back from Scotland
OJ it's not a dig at you mate. I'm fully aware that you only report what the texters send you. I was aimed at the ones who are so quick to have a pop at the devils when we arent on the winning streak. By the way I got my information from one of your very long standing texters who was at the game.

jwave

Thread starter #9
Twinkle: I was just stating that I think fans should be behind their team all the time whether they are flying high or struggling to find their rear end with both hands.
I don't think that "the old newspaper trick" or any other dig would do anything other than dishearten the team.

That is just my opinion mind and not a new law :lol:

3 points away from top of the league, 1 game in hand + have to play 2 games against the top of the league.

Guys give it a rest. The season aint over......................

andydevils said:
3 points away from top of the league, 1 game in hand + have to play 2 games against the top of the league.

Guys give it a rest. The season aint over......................
sorry make that 4 points behind with 1 game in hand. Plenty of games to go yet though....

Kipper

So some of the fans are hurt and upset about what has been written about them on MNL etc. Perhaps they will now have an understanding of how players may feel when they are slagged off on the very same platforms by those that offer an opinion whether it is educated,justified, guesswork or complete fabrication.It works both ways.

osh

Kipper said:
So some of the fans are hurt and upset about what has been written about them on MNL etc. Perhaps they will now have an understanding of how players may feel when they are slagged off on the very same platforms by those that offer an opinion whether it is educated,justified, guesswork or complete fabrication.It works both ways.

Can't agree with you on this one Kipper. Some of the fans you say. My son went to the game on Friday and took along a couple of his mates ( first away game ever) and it was a complete shambles, although he did at least stay till the end ( I think some may have protested by leaving early, entirely their choice) But they had every right to be angry with a below par performance and everyone has a right to voice their opinion. The difference is the fans pay hard earned money to support their team, the team get paid and didn't earn their money on the night! You seem to be suggesting that fans comments are not true (fabricated) made up (Guesswork), who deems a post educated, you ? It won't stop my son going on Wednesday by the way, but he sincerely hopes to see a better effort than he did on Friday, and I feel for those fans that made the weekend trip and didn't feel the team gave their all.

Finny

Kipper said:
Players don't have feelings though Kipper. You should know that, and they should be professional at all times so that fans opinions don't affect them.

James

Administrator
The difference is the players get paid, the fans pay. The players can do something about bad form, it's difficult for the fans too. I think the players get off lightly compared to in the states where fans will think nothing of booing their team.

jwave said:
Twinkle: I was just stating that I think fans should be behind their team all the time whether they are flying high or struggling to find their rear end with both hands.
I don't think that "the old newspaper trick" or any other dig would do anything other than dishearten the team.

That is just my opinion mind and not a new law :lol:
Oh, i know what you were saying, thing is, you said it in a reasonable polite way ..perfect way to respond.

What i dont want is people to come on here with their noses stuck firmly in the air abusing other posters, which lets face it seems to be happening a lot lately :(

ASHIPP

If I was a fan who had paid hard-earned wages to travel that far and saw a poor performance against a team the Devils have consistently beaten so far this season, I'd be disappointed too. Even Franny was quoted as saying 'we are beating ourselves at the moment'. We know that the Devils will be disappointed with that performance...but fans are criticised when they demonstrate their feelings? :?
A bad performance does NOT stop fans supporting the team ....we'll all be there on Wednesday giving massive support and every game afterwards. I think it's just venting frustration that the guys have worked so damn hard to get where they are....none of us want them to fall at the last hurdle.And also not being able to understand why the team is going through a blip right now. :? Extra pressure because EVERY game counts especially with two other teams who will not give up.
Absolutely right that the season is not over yet.....the team know that and they/we know they have the ability mentally and physically to give it everything. :cool:

Gazza272

Taken from Kingdom of the Giants forum. This is a recent quote from Mike Babcock.

You've got a pretty high standard here and I like that," Babcock said, following a short-but-tough Saturday practice at Joe Louis Arena. "You don't play good, you should get booed. When people pay their money, they expect you to work hard."

That's especially true in Detroit, where working-class sports fans expect their favorite teams to be as hard-nosed as they are.

"I consider us a blue-collar town and I consider our fans to be knowledgeable and expect us to compete hard," Babcock said. "We've lost many games over the years that I've been here, and if you play hard … it's not a big deal to them. You don't play hard, they should boo you. And we earned the right to be booed the last couple outings here. That's what fans are supposed to do."

I find it incredulous that the wheels came off the Devil's bus so dramatically on Friday against Braehead. The Devils are a professional team, who had gelled superbly since the arrival of Weller and were playing like the wind. What happened in Scotland was embarrassing. It seems I am not the only fan who thinks the Devils have not been "playing as well" since Regan took over the Steelers. Come on guys, I love ice hockey, my tickets are already booked for the play offs, dont let us down Devils!!!!!!!!!!!