Devils Clash with City - 24 November

DevilDom

WelshHabsFan said:
Will they show the rugby in the bar at the rink? I'd be up for that! It's that or Mermaid Quay.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Now that would be a good idea. Therefore no chance! :lol:

Diafol

WelshHabsFan said:
Will they show the rugby in the bar at the rink? I'd be up for that! It's that or Mermaid Quay.

I remember a few years ago getting to my seat at the BBT early to watch Wales v France on the screens before a Devils game, is there any reason why a similar thing can't be done again ?

Koop11 said:
Cardiff City have moved three fixture times to accommodate Sky Sports. The one fixture (City v Man Utd) on 24 November is at 4pm. Devils play Steelers at home at 6pm the same day.

The Devils office may want to consider, especially for a Steelers game which traditionally brings a good crowd.
Disagree. Why should we change for football? You make individual decisions. As a season ticket holder for Cardiff Blues, Cardiff RFC and The Devils I choose which team I will support on the day where there is a clash and do not expect to inconvenience other fans. Football is only a game - nothing special - spoilt prima donas. Most people have work the next day and children school. Tell Cardiff City to kick off 2 hours earlier and see what kind of reply you get!

Jean said:
Koop11 said:
Cardiff City have moved three fixture times to accommodate Sky Sports. The one fixture (City v Man Utd) on 24 November is at 4pm. Devils play Steelers at home at 6pm the same day.

The Devils office may want to consider, especially for a Steelers game which traditionally brings a good crowd.
Disagree. Why should we change for football? You make individual decisions. As a season ticket holder for Cardiff Blues, Cardiff RFC and The Devils I choose which team I will support on the day where there is a clash and do not expect to inconvenience other fans. Football is only a game - nothing special - spoilt prima donas. Most people have work the next day and children school. Tell Cardiff City to kick off 2 hours earlier and see what kind of reply you get!
Moving the faceoff has nothing to do with bowing to the football/rugby.

This is completely and utterly a move in order to encourage people to come down to the BBT after the football/rugby has finished.

Steelers games usually attract the best crowds to the bbt, thus movin the f/o to increase the chances of us getting more people in and making a few more quid for the club.

Jean said:
Koop11 said:

Disagree. Why should we change for football? You make individual decisions. As a season ticket holder for Cardiff Blues, Cardiff RFC and The Devils I choose which team I will support on the day where there is a clash and do not expect to inconvenience other fans. Football is only a game - nothing special - spoilt prima donas. Most people have work the next day and children school. Tell Cardiff City to kick off 2 hours earlier and see what kind of reply you get![/quote]
It's the Premier League/Sky Sports who dictate the kick off times - essentially Cardiff City have no say in it.

As has already been mentioned, the change in face off time is a move to encourage more people to go to the tent after the football has finished. With all of the problems at the organisation at the moment, the Devils need as many people in the tent as possible right now.

Finny

In this one situation the club are in a bit of a no-win situation.

Keep the FO at 6pm and there is no chance of people being able to watch the football and hockey, whether that be at the stadium or in the pub.
Move it to 6.45pm and it starts to get too late for children on a Sunday night and is also too late for people to use public transport to get home.

Fortunately the last couple of performances by us have meant that I won't be too bothered if I have to leave early or more likely miss the whole game.

BostonBart22

dont see a problem facing off 6.45 sunday , most sunday games are delayed by ten minutes or more like last night, so half hour shouldnt make a real difference.

Quick estimate: how many Devils fans are also into rugby and want to watch Wales vs the Convicts on Sat? 'Coz I'm one.

I emailed the rink and they aren't licensed to show the game so there's no chance it'll be on then. Kick-off is 5:15 this Saturday so it should finish at exactly puck drop in the Tent.

I will be late, but I am determined to do both. Where's the nearest safe pub (bearing in mind I'm from Swansea) to the rink to watch the rugby? Will any other Devils fans be doing similar?

I hope we have a good turn out to cheer the boys after last week. Notts Panters will have a strong travelling support on a Saturday and my nightmare vision is that we'll be out-chanted at home. Time to resurrect Bring A Buddy?

Koop11

Thread starter #35
Think we’ll be looking at a poor crowd this weekend. City playing at 3pm, Wales v Aus at 5:15pm and then Devils v Nottingham, a game televised on Premier Sports. Also, I am assuming those block 3 fans like myself will be pushed out for the game to allow for the cameras to be set up. On a separate note, if indeed this is the case, I have not been directly contacted by the club about this nor have I seen any notice issued on the Devils website.

Consequently, I’ve decided to give this weekend’s Devils game a miss and watch in on the TV instead.

This is why I'm so determined to make it to the game on Saturday. After last week's performance it would be nice to reward the team with a big show of support, not a wholesale withdrawal of it.

Wannabe2

WelshHabsFan said:
Quick estimate: how many Devils fans are also into rugby and want to watch Wales vs the Convicts on Sat? 'Coz I'm one.

I emailed the rink and they aren't licensed to show the game so there's no chance it'll be on then. Kick-off is 5:15 this Saturday so it should finish at exactly puck drop in the Tent.

I will be late, but I am determined to do both. Where's the nearest safe pub (bearing in mind I'm from Swansea) to the rink to watch the rugby? Will any other Devils fans be doing similar?
I
I hope we have a good turn out to cheer the boys after last week. Notts Panters will have a strong travelling support on a Saturday and my nightmare vision is that we'll be out-chanted at home. Time to resurrect Bring A Buddy?

I would find a pub in Penarth to watch the game, its only over the flyover then to rink, and all traffic will be heading the other way.