Devils Clash with City - 24 November

WelshHabsFan said:
Quick estimate: how many Devils fans are also into rugby and want to watch Wales vs the Convicts on Sat? 'Coz I'm one.

I emailed the rink and they aren't licensed to show the game so there's no chance it'll be on then. Kick-off is 5:15 this Saturday so it should finish at exactly puck drop in the Tent.

I will be late, but I am determined to do both. Where's the nearest safe pub (bearing in mind I'm from Swansea) to the rink to watch the rugby? Will any other Devils fans be doing similar?

I hope we have a good turn out to cheer the boys after last week. Notts Panters will have a strong travelling support on a Saturday and my nightmare vision is that we'll be out-chanted at home. Time to resurrect Bring A Buddy?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There's a new pub/restaurant down the bay opposite Frankie & Benny's. Maybe that might show it?

WelshHabsFan said:
Quick estimate: how many Devils fans are also into rugby and want to watch Wales vs the Convicts on Sat? 'Coz I'm one.

I emailed the rink and they aren't licensed to show the game so there's no chance it'll be on then. Kick-off is 5:15 this Saturday so it should finish at exactly puck drop in the Tent.

I will be late, but I am determined to do both. Where's the nearest safe pub (bearing in mind I'm from Swansea) to the rink to watch the rugby? Will any other Devils fans be doing similar?
We're hoping to. I've phoned the Barons Court (Toby Carvery, CF64 1ND) straight up the link road, turn right and also the Merrie Harriers (straight on from the link road & right towards Llandough Hospital CF64 2NY) and both said they're showing it.
Hope that helps,

Hey,

I'm looking to purchase 3 away tickets and transport for the away game against Coventry Blaze on the 26th December. What's the best way to go about this as it's a surprise Xmas present? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Temme

Transport can be arranged through Red army away travel, they'll probably see this post and jump in. I believe they charge £17 per person on the coach up- the tickets won't need to be pre-booked as Coventry never sell out.

If there's more than 3 of you going up then it may be cheaper to drive. I.e. Putting 5 people on the coach equates to £85...
It wouldn't cost you half that if you were driving up in a Diesel that's good for the job :)

Apologies to red army travel if any of this information is wrong- I'm going on memory!

Temme said:
Transport can be arranged through Red army away travel, they'll probably see this post and jump in. I believe they charge £17 per person on the coach up- the tickets won't need to be pre-booked as Coventry never sell out.

If there's more than 3 of you going up then it may be cheaper to drive. I.e. Putting 5 people on the coach equates to £85...
It wouldn't cost you half that if you were driving up in a Diesel that's good for the job :)

Apologies to red army travel if any of this information is wrong- I'm going on memory!
Thanks for the info

Koop11 said:
Think we’ll be looking at a poor crowd this weekend. City playing at 3pm, Wales v Aus at 5:15pm and then Devils v Nottingham, a game televised on Premier Sports. Also, I am assuming those block 3 fans like myself will be pushed out for the game to allow for the cameras to be set up. On a separate note, if indeed this is the case, I have not been directly contacted by the club about this nor have I seen any notice issued on the Devils website.

Consequently, I’ve decided to give this weekend’s Devils game a miss and watch in on the TV instead.

Information regarding block 3 season ticket holders was in this article on main website. http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... -fixtures/
Need to contact the rink for alternative seats. Agree this is easily missed and don't recall any mention at the game last week either.

Gough60

As there is a TV company at the rink, to broadcast the devils game, surely there must be a loophole that would enable "plummet ice" to show the Wales game prior to face off. Think they missing an opportunity there. :DWD
I would defo watch it at rink

Gough60

BBC iplayer. All they would need is the internet.
I know they don't have a licence, that's why I mentioned the fact Premier Sport will be at the rink, and could use them as some kind of loophole.
Im only trying to help get more fans to the game, who would prob stay home or in the pub after the Wales game. :idea:

You do need a tv licence to watch iplayer, if you watch the live stream. An enforcement nightmare I know. You can watch it on your phone on wifi as the licence allows you to watch tv away on a portable device powered by internal batteries as long as your permanent home address has a licence. You didn't know you wanted to know that!

I had a portable telly but it's useless since the digital switchover. I'm not sure 3G is fast enough for me to watch it on the phone in the car park though, which would be weird in itself!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk