Dantons tweet to Deeds

Thread starter #43
Oldgoalie80 said:
Probably just me, but feels like there's more to this than meets the eye ;:|
@Simmsey: Big news is that @cardiffdevils coach @GAdams55 was outvoted on @deeds2424 decision. The other 9 coaches in the Legue wanted him to stay.

:shock:

I get the impression Simms knew about it before the press release this morning - wouldn't surprise me if he passed it onto Danton just to stir the pot. After all if the guys willing to take a run at a player on TV the way Simms did on his show then anything's possible ;:|

Finny

WelshHabsFan said:
Well there we go. The most reliable source for Elite League rumours is Mike Danton.
No it's not. This rumour was posted on here earlier in the week but taken down before the announcement.
Judging by his obsession with us on twitter, Danton probably spends every waking moment on the Inferno.

osh

Finny said:
WelshHabsFan said:
Well there we go. The most reliable source for Elite League rumours is Mike Danton.
No it's not. This rumour was posted on here earlier in the week but taken down before the announcement.
Judging by his obsession with us on twitter, Danton probably spends every waking moment on the Inferno.

Danton's obsession was with Deeds and not us. They had ongoing verbals that neither of them can be particularly proud of and I for one am glad it's come to an end. Let's face it, when it was announced that Deeds would be our enforcer we were all pretty pleased and imagined him to be a straight replacement for Vother.The truth was that he was far from an enforcer, more an agitator and his stats don't make good reading do they? He was a genuinely nice guy and enjoyed his time in Cardiff and I wish him well in the future.

Finny

There were some recent tweets from Danton that were aimed at Cardiff not Deeds.

I agree with you that he wasn't an enforcer. He was the type of player that would be on the team with a big guy who would intimidate the opposition whilst Deeds would go around causing havoc and winding up the opposition. It's also why he was able to play in the AHL without needing to have a scoring touch.

voth26

i kinda liked the way deeds has been playing the last month or so, winding up the likes of lepine, olson etc so yeah think i will miss old deeds. anyone know when he leaves and if he's in the weekend games it would be nice for his last home game to be against braehead
where ever your hockey takes you deeds take care and all the best.

drainage

Finny said:
There were some recent tweets from Danton that were aimed at Cardiff not Deeds.

I agree with you that he wasn't an enforcer. He was the type of player that would be on the team with a big guy who would intimidate the opposition whilst Deeds would go around causing havoc and winding up the opposition. It's also why he was able to play in the AHL without needing to have a scoring touch.
Danton definitely has a thing about Cardiff .... Unless Deeds translates into mutants in Swedish!!

Wagstaff

I don't think Mike Danton had a problem with Cardiff, his friendship with Deeds started when he anounced that he would be starting his reign of tyranny with Coventry and in particular he made it quite public through a twitter which was then picked up by Wales on line what he was going to do to Mike Danton, it became a Cardiff thing when Deeds started to tweet that Coventry was the worst city in the EIHL with the worst fans in the world. From then it was no holds barred for either of them. It's a shame Mike Danton didn't come to England as the first meeting together would probably have settled the argument.

drainage

Wagstaff said:
I don't think Mike Danton had a problem with Cardiff, his friendship with Deeds started when he anounced that he would be starting his reign of tyranny with Coventry and in particular he made it quite public through a twitter which was then picked up by Wales on line what he was going to do to Mike Danton, it became a Cardiff thing when Deeds started to tweet that Coventry was the worst city in the EIHL with the worst fans in the world. From then it was no holds barred for either of them. It's a shame Mike Danton didn't come to England as the first meeting together would probably have settled the argument.
Having received a less than polite and actually rude tweet from him (simply for asking could he use another word than mutant) I would have to disagree

Don't like him but am guessing views will be based on who you support ...but he is rude and before you ask no I wasn't

Wagstaff

James said:
And he could see first hand that Coventry really is a dump.
I don't suppose he went much further than the bus and back and that is not much to base a comment like that on, I don't suppose you you would like me to talk about your beloved city in the way that you describe mine but thanks for your positive observation ;:|

Wagstaff

drainage said:
Wagstaff said:
Having received a less than polite and actually rude tweet from him (simply for asking could he use another word than mutant) I would have to disagree

Don't like him but am guessing views will be based on who you support ...but he is rude and before you ask no I wasn't
As I've said before I don't suppose you are any more a mutant than I am a chav, but that's how I am referred to, don't know where the mutant thing originated, maybe it's a derogatory remark in that part of the world, I wouldn't know, but instead of it remaining personal, they both generalised their comments to their respective fanbases

drainage

Wagstaff said:
drainage said:
Wagstaff said:

As I've said before I don't suppose you are any more a mutant than I am a chav, but that's how I am referred to, don't know where the mutant thing originated, maybe it's a derogatory remark in that part of the world, I wouldn't know, but instead of it remaining personal, they both generalised their comments to their respective fanbases
Like I said views based on who you support on what you perceive .... Didnt like his comments and if Deeds leaving means he pipes down then good

And to be fair the chav chant (whether right or wrong) pre dated Deeds the mutant one is def from Danton

For me time to move on new player new things to concentrate on

Paul Sullivan

Wagstaff said:
don't know where the mutant thing originated, maybe it's a derogatory remark in that part of the world, I wouldn't know, but instead of it remaining personal, they both generalised their comments to their respective fanbases
If memory serves correctly the #mutant thing in terms of Coventry was first tweeted by Giants Captain Adam Keefe last season. It was one of the reasons, along with Thommo's famous '4 Smiths for the Devils tweet' that the EIHL adopted a SM policy in the first place.

Paul Sullivan

Seems he has found a new target for his ire (from Twitter):

'Not sure who the Swedish refs have to answer to, but #Samuelsson in Brunflo game tonight needs to be reported. #Cheated #TwittPuck'