Dantons tweet to Deeds

Well if it is true I have to say i'm disappointed, unless it was deeds decision. I liked Deeds as a player, he may of not been much of an enforcer but he was a better player than that.
I hope we do have someone in to replace him as is being rumoured, as we have no guarantee Biz will be staying, if not, we would be up doo doo creek without a paddle in sight.

I hope the new guy is tough as I can't imagine Biz wanting to drop the gloves regularly in our league (and I wouldn't want him to).

We're pretty soft as it is, Deeds and Biz aside, and without him (and Biz over christmas) I suspect we'll get bullied over the festive period unless the new guy has serious toughness.

Chris

Administrator
This is the first and last warning on this thread, not aimed at nmase20 or soundwave1 above me.

If you can't reply to J.B without resorting to personal attacks then please don't post at all.

It's far too much hassle to be dealing with the reported posts each time. You might not like him, but his posts have hardly been unreasonable unlike some of the replies so far.

Soundwave1 said:
I hope the new guy is tough as I can't imagine Biz wanting to drop the gloves regularly in our league (and I wouldn't want him to).

We're pretty soft as it is, Deeds and Biz aside, and without him (and Biz over christmas) I suspect we'll get bullied over the festive period unless the new guy has serious toughness.
I'd love to see him give Olson the hiding he needs in a game that's already in the bag, but you're right we don't want him to be off the ice for majors if we can avoid it

Very good point about him taking a break over Christmas too, we definitely need toughness if Deeds is gone

Tragedy was that I wasn't even trying to wind up, I was trying to make a genuine point :lol:

In heat of moment, getting rid of the character might seem like a shock but if Adams wants to win a title, he needs a lot from all his imports. In cold light of day and when you announce some star player tomorrow, I think it is probably the right call (although I can only talk on games I've seen).

Imagine if you were actually getting a signing to add instead of deeds going. Was hoping the giants would be announcing a new player as the injuries are taking their toll on to be honest a pretty average defence without sandrock in it.

lloyd72 said:
Imagine if you were actually getting a signing to add instead of deeds going. Was hoping the giants would be announcing a new player as the injuries are taking their toll on to be honest a pretty average defence without sandrock in it.
I hope deeds dosent go

I think I agree with JB. Deeds is a poor enforcer, and an even poorer hockey player. He does sometimes throw his body around but he has hit the plexi more than any opponents this year in the BBT. I wasntleaps ting him to be the toughest guy in the league but I was thinking we were going to get a better player than what he gas shown. His point return is poor and some of the assists he has been given are of the Tony Hand variety too IMO.

Finny

lloyd72 said:
Unfortunately we don't have the money Belfast do to bring in spare imports.

If Deeds is going, then I hope it's someone who can fight as well as score goals. And is tall!

NTO

Just hope that if this is true, as it seems to be, that Biz really was ill (sorry Biz) on Saturday and thats not somehome linked to this. Didnt like the club quote in the FB piece about coaches and management sticking together, concerned this might be more than, Deeds gets replaced.

I dont think we are going to get anyone either to be honest big DC seems to be strangley happy with the powderpuff defence we have at the minute. Deeds is a very good wind up merchant did well against olson but have to say if u get someone in who ups the physicality then best to be rid of him.

I for one will miss Deeds, very entertaining and a genuine character, he may not have beat Olson but he took him away from troubling others, top bloke I recon!

As for J.B. I would wind up the opposition as well!
:RAWK

I like Deeds, wherever there is mayhem you can be sure that he is in the middle of it. I think he has a good eye for a brilliant pass too.

He's a character, and I will miss him.

well if simms is to be taken seriously ! did he say player movment in 3 countrys up and down the land, sounds like deeds could be facing us sooner rather than later ? could he be off to england, scotland or ireland, and can't see it but is a player comeing here from a team within britain ? i think the new guy will be new to this country so this has been in the pipe line for some time.